Has tier 5 got nerfed

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

anolyte #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11045 battles
Tier 5 never see tier 3 tanks anymore, douse this + a nerf to all tier 5 tanks even premium tanks ?? 

Achibot #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
#Tier5Problems

anolyte #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11045 battles

See YouTube

How i Play World Of Tanks

The Great Match Making Swindle 

Lentomies1 #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28620 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Thats because every single tier 3 tank now has +/-1 matchmaking, which means they will never see tier 5 tanks.

I'm glad that WG finally decided to do it. Tier 3 games are actually fun after the MM changes

anolyte #5 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11045 battles
Yes good for tier 3 but bad for tier 5, only top if only playing all tier 4 only never happens

SovietBias #6 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37224 battles

As far as I know, this change was not announced in any of the patch notes, nor featured in any video. However, it is a pretty drastic one; Tier 5 is pretty popular, especially among f2p players, and worse MM is a flat out nerf. How is this not worthy of being mentioned is beyond me. Especially for those that have tier 5 Premium tanks.

Perhaps it is just my cynical side, but trying to slip this one through shows a lot about the current state of the game.

(Correct me if I am wrong, but the only reference I ever found about this was some MM table published in some blog).

Balc0ra #7 Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64420 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

No tier 3 got buffed. Tier 5 is the same old. Unless you can justify why your tier 5's need to fight tier 3's. Considering half the tier 3's could not even pen a tier 5 with gold even.

Unless you are saying you can't fight tier 4's in your tier 5? And you need a few tier 3 targets in there to have a chance? Pure tier 5 games are rather fun. And my average XP on the few tier 5's I've played since 9.18 have gone up. As there is no XP penalty for killing -2 targets anymore.

Strappster #8 Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSovietBias, on 06 June 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

As far as I know, this change was not announced in any of the patch notes, nor featured in any video. However, it is a pretty drastic one; Tier 5 is pretty popular, especially among f2p players, and worse MM is a flat out nerf. How is this not worthy of being mentioned is beyond me. Especially for those that have tier 5 Premium tanks.

Perhaps it is just my cynical side, but trying to slip this one through shows a lot about the current state of the game.

(Correct me if I am wrong, but the only reference I ever found about this was some MM table published in some blog).

It was published by a WG dev but in Russian on the Russian forum, nowhere else. Translated and reported by The Daily Bounce. New match-making chart from 9.18 ...

jabster #9 Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

It does seem a bit strange that this was never mentioned in the patch notes as it's not some minor change. Personally I don't like it as part of the fun of driving a Pz IC is being in a tier V match.

Yaccay #10 Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32000 battles

View PostLentomies1, on 06 June 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

Thats because every single tier 3 tank now has +/-1 matchmaking, which means they will never see tier 5 tanks.

I'm glad that WG finally decided to do it. Tier 3 games are actually fun after the MM changes

You just forgot a few things.

1.) People who play tier III tank soon will play tier V tanks. Those people who happily play tier III will be angry/disappointed people who play tier V.

2.) people spend much less time in tier III than tier V. So for a shorter happiness (+-1 tier battles) in tier III, later they get a longer disappointment (-1 tier +2 tier battles) in tier V.

Orkbert #11 Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25184 battles

View PostYaccay, on 06 June 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

You just forgot a few things.

1.) People who play tier III tank soon will play tier V tanks. Those people who happily play tier III will be angry/disappointed people who play tier V.

2.) people spend much less time in tier III than tier V. So for a shorter happiness (+-1 tier battles) in tier III, later they get a longer disappointment (-1 tier +2 tier battles) in tier V.

Though I guess it was done mainly for newbie protection. I mean every now and then we got threads by newcomers who were very upset about their tier III tanks having to face tier V opponents when they already struggled against tier IV (and face it, even when equipped with non-derp guns most tierV could two-hit any tierIII victim) so now they got an extra level with limited MM.

In my opinion the power difference between tier III and tier V was a bit extreme anyways.

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Good change imo. The tier difference between 3 vs 5 was just horrible and unfair. Let the pups enjoy one more tier.

With the new mm it doesn't matter anyway, since you'd face 7's most of the time anyway.

Is it just me or are all 5's games more common than on other tiers? Could be the population is high on that tier...

Enforcer1975 #13 Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20675 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
2 tier difference is unfair in general. Doable on some tanks but still unfair. At least the new mm limited the amount of +2 tier tanks you encounter.

trefferlage #14 Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2673 battles

View Postanolyte, on 06 June 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Yes good for tier 3 but bad for tier 5, only top if only playing all tier 4 only never happens

Its simply an income nerf. We all had been using t5 as cash cows.. to finance the playing during the time we did not use premaccount. Bingo... and they sell it as duty for the player lol.. statspadding in t1-t3 is like always, so no newbee protection at all. just to take away the possibility to finance playing higher tiers withput premtime :-) 

Shivva #15 Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29634 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View Posttrefferlage, on 06 June 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Its simply an income nerf. We all had been using t5 as cash cows.. to finance the playing during the time we did not use premaccount. Bingo... and they sell it as duty for the player lol.. statspadding in t1-t3 is like always, so no newbee protection at all. just to take away the possibility to finance playing higher tiers withput premtime :-) 

Without tier 3's in a match there is a bigger health pool, bigger health pool = more damage, more damage = more credits. It looks like a credit buff if anything so maybe take off your tinfoil suit and think again.

SovietBias #16 Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37224 battles

View PostStrappster, on 06 June 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

It was published by a WG dev but in Russian on the Russian forum, nowhere else. Translated and reported by The Daily Bounce. New match-making chart from 9.18 ...

Yeah, that was what I read. I find it strange that it was not mentioned in the official EU notes. And being just a post in a Russian Forum, even though this is WG, is not the proper way to tell those who bought or are planning to buy tier 5's that they are being nerfed.

View Postjabster, on 06 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

It does seem a bit strange that this was never mentioned in the patch notes as it's not some minor change. Personally I don't like it as part of the fun of driving a Pz IC is being in a tier V match.

Personally, I sit on the opposite side. Never liked the fact you could club tier III so hard to the point of frustration. But that's just me, ofc. In this case, it's even a worse nerf for you.

View PostShivva, on 06 June 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Without tier 3's in a match there is a bigger health pool, bigger health pool = more damage, more damage = more credits. It looks like a credit buff if anything so maybe take off your tinfoil suit and think again.

Don't forget to factor Wins. Winning nets more credits, and being somewhat decent in a tier 5 against tier III's makes it easier to win. Plus match duration is also important. The new MM is very generous to tier 7's, which means the tier 5's get punished. Although there's more health, it's harder to win.

View Posttrefferlage, on 06 June 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Its simply an income nerf. We all had been using t5 as cash cows.. to finance the playing during the time we did not use premaccount. Bingo...

That was my first thought. Plus, being somewhat popular among F2P, it's a natural way to feed tier 6 and 7 battles in new template, since tier 5 might have more players.

Edited by SovietBias, 06 June 2017 - 05:20 PM.

Browarszky #17 Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16012 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

I remember tier 5 used to be very good in terms of credits. Tier 6 (for me) less so, and a bad match tier 7 made me lose credits (without premium account).

KillingJoker #18 Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32164 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

Tier V is a great place to play this days...

you have allways 50 to 80% of teams line ups made of same tier tanks, meaning any competent player will allways have chance of impact the battle, despite being top tier or not...

very rarery you are in tier 7 games, and if you are in tier 7 game, you only have 3 units of top tier 7s, 5 tier VI's and the rest are the same tier as you are...

meaning any competent player will have chance to shine in the game and will not struggle because of the vehicle limitations...

unlike other tiers, such as tier 7 and 8 where the problem is the lack of balance between tanks of the same tier... the mm is perfect the way it is now..

because the problem at tier 8 is the overpowered premiums and some new power creeps as the VK 100 P. despite that, the new mm is good... 

No one should complain about it....

before the patch 9.18, you could enter games very unbalanced, like being the only tier V on a very tier 7 game and other similar examples, leading to obvious struggling by the player

or in some cases, some very espectacular results... wich wont happen anymore, because the mm now is so balanced, you cant have games where you absolutly shine using an unpowered tank vs your enemies...

i wont even comment the stupidty it is to read people claiming the Tier V's were nerfed because they cant meet tier 3's anymore... its patetic, its like having 9th grade teens complaining they cant bully 7th grade kids who have half their size...

tier V is good, you play many times vs tier IV's, and ocasionaly vs small amount of Tier VII's

Edited by KillingJoker, 06 June 2017 - 05:33 PM.

anolyte #19 Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11045 battles
How are you doing in tour tier 5 premium tans. Some players have thousands of games in a few tier 5 tanks they are ok.  

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

View PostLentomies1, on 06 June 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

Interesting.. never knew that.. good tbh, was a not fair for tier3 players. Ok there is very experienced players in fully upgraded tanks with equipment with top, multi-skilled crew at tier3 but usually that is much more likely at tier5 as it's a fun tier and a tier where you can pick up medals like Radleys and Pools... MoE and so on that you cannot at a lower tier so usually tier5 vs tier3 is a slaughter and not much fun for tier3 or noobs I'd imagine. The only flaw in that idea is that there definitely are some experienced sharks lurking in the water at tier3 and because they no longer have to face tier5 means they can really indulge in their seal clubbing like never before, and do so unchecked.

There are also some decent premiums at those tiers too of course that can really indulge in seal clubbing.. take this FCM 36 Oak 40 TD for example. with the right equipment it has a view range of 520m, an insanely fast aim time of 1.27, REALLY good pen for tier3 and healthy damage, this thing can sit in a bush and knock out noobs all day long lol.. and no tier5 worries now!

http://tanks.gg/tank/fcm36pak40?e=4.6.25&k=0.1.9.6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users