What an earth is going on with teams?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

topfox #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 64630 battles
  • [POJAT] POJAT

If enemy is more powerfull than own team, why team cant def instead rushing against them and then crying when team is Edited?? Many times I have tod that def, enemy is more powerfull, but instead team rush by lemmings to die.

Ask help, people dont care about it. Own skin more important.

When should camp, team rush like headless chickens to die and when its time to push and attack team camp and die.

Is its o difficult to look enemy team before you go anywhere???

Edited by Asklepi0s, 06 June 2017 - 03:07 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Shivva #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
Stop camping when you could be supporting the guys actually trying to attack.. if they fail you get some dmg out of it, weaken the enemy and can still fall back to camp. IS it so difficult to press w before you decide to camp?.. sorry I mean defend.

RaxipIx #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27359 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Please tell me on what criteria do you judge which one of the teams is more powerful?

And no offense, if i  would be using XVM, and a 48 % player at 57k games would tell me what to do, i would not listen either.

1stWarlord #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24839 battles

View Posttopfox, on 06 June 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

If enemy is more powerfull than own team, why team cant def instead rushing against them and then crying when team is Edited?? Many times I have tod that def, enemy is more powerfull, but instead team rush by lemmings to die.

How do you know that the enemy team is more 'powerfull' ? Do you happen to use a certain mod which puts a color on each player's name based on his "skill" level ?

Edited by Asklepi0s, 06 June 2017 - 03:08 PM.

Spurtung #5 Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60054 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Welcome to "I play for fun"

Infine #6 Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18265 battles

How is "powerful" determined?

I'd argue that if you think that the enemy team is "more powerful" your objective should be the opposite of camping. That is, gaining as much map control as possible and as fast as possible.

Map control

1) Denies enemies good positions.

2) Denies enemies information by spreading the fog of war (for them) further. And reduces fog of war for your team.

3) Denies enemies crossfire opportunities on camping spots (the infamous "let's camp A0 erlenberg defense).

4) Creates unfavourable (shallow) angles for enemy arty and favourable (steep) angles for your arty.

5) Creates more hostile ground for enemies to cower slowing them down.

You do not have to hug a rock on the red line to play defensive. You want to hug a rock that enables your TDs to shoot enemies popping from behind it while remaining unspotted, so the rock must be reasonably far away from the red line.

If you think that your position can be overrun, you want to have a position to retreat to.

You want to know as fast as possible which enemy tanks go where to avoid or delay the "powerful" tanks and concentrate on "less powerful" tanks. Enemy tanks won't magically disappear over time, you'll have to manually destroy them. Destroying smaller groups of tanks is easier than destroying bigger groups of tanks, so you want to seek and destroy smaller groups before they all converge onto you A0 "defensive position" and merge into one big group surrounding you.

topfox #7 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 64630 battles
  • [POJAT] POJAT

Here is again people who dont know what they are talking. Once again I can show what I mean by this picture. Few made good spot and few rush to city against heavy monsters and die. There we many people who said def, but of course not. Other side (left) no def and enemy come with td party from there. With this tin can its impossible to go front line and  def against BIG heavies. You just cant do nothing. This is that what I mean. If you really are so smart ones, tell would you go with light armor against this kind of enemy?? Is the enemy more powerfull than we or are we just seeing nightmare and this is not true??????

topfox #8 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 64630 battles
  • [POJAT] POJAT

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 June 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Please tell me on what criteria do you judge which one of the teams is more powerful?

And no offense, if i  would be using XVM, and a 48 % player at 57k games would tell me what to do, i would not listen either.

​Seems that you are those xvm emptyheads who just looks numbers. Just dont think that there could be somekind of reason why numbers are like that?? If you really are so smart how you can fight against teams like in that picture?? Tell how its possible to improve win % if teams rush to die and game is over about 3 to 4 min. Example today....map ensk..enemy is-7 drive trough behind our lines and there was no-one to stop him. He just came so freely and flank our team. I was with arty and all what I can do was shot 2 times and that was it. Enemy shot me. No spot at time no def. If you really are so smart, tell what you can do when enemy is behind and flanked you, because team didnt ignore warnings?? There is so called minimap but I really think that it not available for all of us.

Infine #9 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18265 battles

View Posttopfox, on 06 June 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

. If you really are so smart ones, tell would you go with light armor against this kind of enemy?? Is the enemy more powerfull than we or are we just seeing nightmare and this is not true??????

I'd assume a big chunk of the enemy team would go city, so the proper response would be to lemming train left, get UDESes on the hill, rush down TDs with the autoloader party, maybe try to cap.  Realistically it's randoms, so GG WP. Sitting in the base "defending" would change nothing. You'd just die in a crossfire a bit later than sooner.

View Posttopfox, on 06 June 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

. Example today....map ensk..enemy is-7 drive trough behind our lines and there was no-one to stop him. He just came so freely and flank our team. I was with arty and all what I can do was shot 2 times and that was it. Enemy shot me. No spot at time no def. If you really are so smart, tell what you can do when enemy is behind and flanked you, because team didnt ignore warnings?? There is so called minimap but I really think that it not available for all of us.

Duh. You died because you were staying with the arty and on Ensk it means exploding upon being spotted. And the reason the IS-7 got to you is exactly because you can't stop a tank from going around a corner without getting that corner behind you. People can flank because you abandoned the map, and there's no frontline to stop tanks from going freely through chokepoints.

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 18345 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Don't let the purple color discourage you OP. Just look at the battlecount. If it's still pretty low you just have a reroll and if it's a player with low battlecount and barely under purple it's a fail reroll. Both more often than not pretty worthless in any team.

Slind #11 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50079 battles
Came across 2 really bad players today, other had 5k battles, the other 12k. WN8 was 56 and 27. 12k guy had 11 premium tanks, with winrates from 31% to 44%. But hey it's OK as long as everyone is having fun! Like my team when we had one of these 2 as top tier in E25, his WN8 from that game was 0. I think WG could give him a few more T8 premium tanks, he's being one of their greatest customers so far and that's all that counts! Oh right, WG said something about keeping the game fun and competitive for everyone, well it's never been that because in every battle there are several "people" who don't do anyting, don't try to do anyting, are incapable of learning anything, don't think what they are doing in the battle, don't think how their actions effect their team mates (defeat after defeat), basically just people who wouldn't know the difference if they were driving in the training room for the last 10k battles. That's what going on with teams.

Joantrai #12 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34668 battles

View Posttopfox, on 06 June 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Seems that you are those xvm emptyheads who just looks numbers. Just dont think that there could be somekind of reason why numbers are like that?? If you really are so smart how you can fight against teams like in that picture?? Tell how its possible to improve win % if teams rush to die and game is over about 3 to 4 min. Example today....map ensk..enemy is-7 drive trough behind our lines and there was no-one to stop him. He just came so freely and flank our team. I was with arty and all what I can do was shot 2 times and that was it. Enemy shot me. No spot at time no def. If you really are so smart, tell what you can do when enemy is behind and flanked you, because team didnt ignore warnings?? There is so called minimap but I really think that it not available for all of us.

I'm sorry but, ehh...What are you saying? Are you trying to say you are playing a different game than us?

If you wanna argue with a statement "I always loose because of my team" then, first of all, you should explain your 936 WN8 and why it is getting worse, since WN8 in all due essence represents your individual statistic: Defensive points, damage, spotting, ... Even if your team is complete garbage, you should be able to do more than press "W" key, spot something fire 3 shots and die, cause that basically is what that stat just told me you do all the time.

Secondly, rarely anybody looks at your stats if you post a constructive topic but when you put such bold claim, that there is a conspiracy against you, you can bet your biscuit that vast majority is going to look at your stats. Why? Cause you need some proof to back up your claims and the best measurement if you aren't speaking bollocks are your stats, since based upon your statement your WN8 should be most likely unicum rated but it is not.

Thirdly, there is no grand conspiracy against you. You play the game just like the rest of us, if you can't accept you are doing it wrong then competitive games are not for you. Furthermore, if there is a conspiracy, it is more likely against super unicum. Just look at those poor guys, all of them are struggling to reach 100% win rate.

Lastly, the picture you posted says a whole bunch of things to me:

1) Their S1 will be camping base since the siege mode is extremely restrictive. That means it is -2 tanks to worry about. Sadly same goes for your team with UDESes.

2) Prototype, AT15, E4 will most likely try to push town.

3) Object 704 and borsic is a wild card. It can both play supporting role or camp in the back. This is where "empty head's" XVM comes into play since red/orange players tend to camp hard with these while good players play it more like a support, hence you can predict what they will be doing.

4) One or two of their lights will contest A3, be it directly by rushing there or indirectly by sitting somewhere nearby and spotting from it.

5) Most of the fighting early to mid game will be on C, D, E line as that is where lights and meds so much love to go.

6) Several tanks on their team will be sniping C2 from C6 at the very start of the battle.

7) There is no arty and you are playing very mobile med. Hence movement around the map is not restricted.

8) The city is a lost cause and will be deserted by your team most likely anyway as you are lacking any true heavies and even if they go there it will fall extremely quickly as this is the place where most if not all of their heavies will be.

9) Your team has superiority in mobility, hence most of your team will gravitate towards the north and TDs love to camp around the mill.

10) Battle tactic under these circumstances would be for me to contest the D line via E line since you can use buildings for cover and put fairly effective flanking shots and use reloads as an opportunity for checking the G line for incoming heavies and be careful about the alleyway at G6 since it is not uncommon for them to come through that area. I would never go into the open on D6,7 since the TDs would make my life very short unless my team would be pulling off a rush. If I would start seeing those heavies pouring in at any point, I would start playing retreating action, slowly firing my clip and relocating, harassing them and whittling them down and luring them towards my camping TDs.

11) I would profit, do at least 3K damage and earn more than 936 WN8

I'm sure there will come around somebody far more skilled than me and improve my knowledge of the game and I welcome it since that is the way to get better and more wins - To realize and accept you are not the master league material player you think you are, stop blaming others for your failings and just learn and that is my advice.

*Edit: Minor spelling errors and duplicate words

Edited by Joantrai, 07 June 2017 - 01:00 AM.

_EXODUZ_ #13 Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Dude, your average damage in tier 10's is what it should be in tier 5-6. Long story short - learn to play better.

Aikl #14 Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:08 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostEnforcer1975, on 06 June 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

Don't let the purple color discourage you OP. Just look at the battlecount. If it's still pretty low you just have a reroll and if it's a player with low battlecount and barely under purple it's a fail reroll. Both more often than not pretty worthless in any team.

I'd also like to add that we're plenty of green-light blue players that have both feet planted in the play4fun segment, i.e. we cannot be trusted. Seriously. No consistency. Stop rushing us goldspamming plebs.

Oh, and if you see a Dinger platoon (T-D-U/WJDE) in a match, you can be sure of one thing - we'll either kick butt or be your worst nightmare. :trollface:

Edited by Aikl, 07 June 2017 - 01:09 AM.

InfrequentHazard #15 Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26672 battles
The other day on Highway I watched green teams second line HTs go to town where they were going to face a Defender, 2 IS3's and something Japanese. Guess how that worked out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users