Ranked Battles: GG WG, you failed before even starting...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

DaSpood #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20921 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

So let me do a quick recap of what this mode means for the game:

-Only for tier X vehicles. I like the idea, we need an end-game mode

-Rewards skilled players. No problem either, that's only fair.

-Rewards are a currency allowing you to buy improved equipment that you can bring to regular standard battles. That's already a big problem, because for now only RB allow you to get this currency. To say it with other words: players that are already better than average will get even better because they will get exclusive equipements that perform better than regular ones.

-Ranked Battles ARE ONLY BETWEEN 8PM AND MIDNIGHT. Now THIS is what bothers me the most. I could care less about the whole equipment/rubikon similarities because everyone can get them, just git gud. But here not only do you need to be good, play only tier X, spam gold and lose hundreds of thousands of credits to make a progress, you also need to be connected at specific hours of the day. And THIS is not fair at all. Many people can already not play CW for the only reason that they're too late, and CW bring already insane advantages (free tier X prems, free gold...) ; and now players who already had all these advantages also have the exclusive income of OP currency making them even stronger than they already were.

And the worst part is that just like in CW it's not always the most skilled that will get rewarded. WG said that the outcome of a battle wouldnt matter in this mode, yet you can still be a bot, if your team wins all you need is 3 players doing worse than you and you'll be rewarded just as much as the guy who carried everyone.

So all in all we have a new mode exclusively for players who can afford to play at specific times, players who are already pretty decent in the game, to get even more advantages and breaking the balance of random battles some more.

I hope this mode is gonna be removed, and all the equipements and currencies as well. It is not fair to anyone except those who already were too advantaged in game. This is not at all an endgame mode, this is a solo edition of CW that gives even more broken advantages to the ones who play it, while other people, who simply cannot play at these hours even if they had the skill to win, wont get a chance of seing.

And I don't care if WG plans to make this currency available by other means later. Because it's LATER. The headstart they are giving here to a minority of players is already way too much and will already allow them to ruin random battles. Tier X already has no point anymore with the new MM (If I wanted CW MM I'd play CW, **** you WG), but these new equipements will break other tiers aswell.

Think E-25 with even faster reload, or Obj252U, or autoloaders (improved vents, built-in BiA...), or sweedish TDs with better gun stats and camo...

Balance is dead already, we didn't need this pos to ruin the game some more.

Fix this WG. Either open it at all hours during the whole season, either don't open it at all. As simple as that.

mystikro #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28961 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Agree with you, I'd like this to be available for tier 8 as well. I don't want tier 10. It's just a money sink and I don't enjoy it when I constantly have to look out for credits. This is why I have 3 tier 9 tanks and the rest are 3-8. You can have fun at lower tiers, but with high tiers it's only anger. Premium ammo spam is the name of the game. In the lower tiers you find the ocasional noob with M4 49 spamming gold ammo since 232mm pen isn't enough apparently.

I have little interest in the game mode as it is. I would be more interested in it if the game was balanced. As it is, you get the OP tier 10 heavies with insane armor and the gold spammers. It's not fun. You don't fix broken armor with broken ammo. Fix armor, reintroduce the concept of weakspots and remove or edit the premium ammo back to playable levels. Seeing a low tier light doing damage to a high tier heavy from the front though the gun mantlet is painful to endure. It's broken. Why give lights mobility if all they need is to click and pen? Why give armor if it's irelevant? A heavy has the advantage of thick armor but the disadvantage of being slow. If armor is meaningless then all you end up with is a slow light tank. So you have fast light tanks and slow light tanks because of the gold spam.

This is g@y. It's not just g@y, it's actually

FIX THIS SH!T WARGAMING! Fire your balancing department. Work with players and reach a middle ground. Don't just nerf armor, start nerfing premium ammo and increase standard shell pen as well. Even I can desigh this stuff better at this point. Reintroduce the concept of weakspots and solid armor and restore the specifics of each class.

Edited by mystikro, 06 June 2017 - 06:11 PM.

qpranger #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30715 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmystikro, on 06 June 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

This is g@y. It's not just g@y, it's actually

At least you don't have to worry about worse tank performance if you mix him with girl crew members. He will stay focused on the job. In fact, you had better remove all other male crew members from that tank, just in case.

Edited by qpranger, 06 June 2017 - 06:27 PM.

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19632 battles

View PostSpeedyCraft51, on 06 June 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Think E-25 with even faster reload, or Obj252U, or autoloaders (improved vents, built-in BiA...), or sweedish TDs with better gun stats and camo...

Normal E25 has 2.58 second reload with a rammer. With improved rammer, it's 2.50 seconds.

So that 0.08 seconds better. Whoop de doo. Somehow I don't think that's going to ruin the game balance more.

Also, you clearly have no idea how long even for a super unicum player its going to take to get a single piece of improved equipment.

ypr765GN #5 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39753 battles
  • [DDDNL] DDDNL

Dear wargaming,

this is a game! games are supose to be fun and are also played by children.

children rest between these hours when rankedbattles are planned.

isnt this a form of discrimination against children!?.

i am a elder playing this game for fun!!.

i repeat for FUN!

i try playing the ranked battles without a premium account and its undoable.

losing major ammounts of credits to obtain these bonds and get a higher rank.

to obtain a piece of improved equipment you force me to buy a premium account and play within serten hours.

thats a major fail!that is a nono and gesture to uninstall this game in total.

unfortunatly the game is no longer fair and fun to play, do to these ranked battles.

missions in total and the way new tanks are added are killing this game balance and matchmaking.

the resmods map is stil an open map that can be altered.

when wil that become a system map? NO MORE CHEATS PRIORITIZE!

seems the priority is moneygrab and not listening to your comunity!

please wargaming stop moneygrabbing and make the game enjoyable again!

i feel like quiting after a long learning process 36 k battles and 2 years of hard grinding to get there where i am now.

no i am not a good player and dont want to be forced to become one!!!

i agree with the comments and complaints above.

hope it wil be looked at and revised.

Many clanmembers complain! and are upset!

very sad and disapointed to be posting this comment.

Thank you for reading

ypr765GN DDDNL

_Banana_Republic_ #6 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41547 battles
@ypr765GN: the game is always fun in tier 3 .. go play there

Pansenmann #7 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33268 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's not new that tier 10 is a credit sink.

I think I will simply try to make it to rank 3 and leave it be till it gets reset,

get some rewards, rinse, repeat.

in the meantime I can get gray hair about the horrible tier 8 mm

In the past 2 days I have never been top tier.

Only had 2 games where I was middle tier and 2 games single-t8. every else game was tier 10-9-8 or 9-8.

Fun is something different. Also, we had such games before the new mm but those were more fun imo as the setups would differ much more.

Pansenmann #8 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33268 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Banana_Republic_, on 06 June 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

@ypr765GN: the game is always fun in tier 3 .. go play there

you have obviously not played tier 3 for some time.

you can't torch unsuspecting kv-1's anymore with Renault UE 57 :(

because they silently nerfed the tier spreads for tier 3.

yes, for Pz 1 C it might be fun.

but without the map "Province" low tiers are quite bland.

Edited by Pansenmann, 06 June 2017 - 08:30 PM.

FsAviX #9 Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25090 battles
its insane how stupid wg is to release a terrible patch like this, right after the total shitshow that happend a week ago

Rico_Shay #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31086 battles
No point in playing ranked tier 8 because there will only be Defender 202u on the heavy side

Asghaad #11 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13273 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

View PostTankkiPoju, on 06 June 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Normal E25 has 2.58 second reload with a rammer. With improved rammer, it's 2.50 seconds.

So that 0.08 seconds better. Whoop de doo. Somehow I don't think that's going to ruin the game balance more.

Also, you clearly have no idea how long even for a super unicum player its going to take to get a single piece of improved equipment.

wrong, E25 with standard equipment (rammer, optics, vents) BiA and all relevant crew skills + food has reload of 2.34 seconds which gives it 3464.22 DPM, 444.86 viewrange 0.26 accuracy and 23.667 hp/t on medium terrain

with improved equipment that INSANE reload goes down to 2.24, 3622.33 DPM, 457.71 m viewrange and its p/w on medium terrain goes up to 23.927

i dont know about you but i wouldnt consider 160 DPM more negligible considering its alpha damage of 130 ...

view range difference is not negligible either and impact on camouflage will be also be there giving E25 equipped with improved equipment a decent edge in camo sniping

Edited by Asghaad, 09 June 2017 - 03:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users