• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

skydiverpt #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23018 battles
  • [CIOE] CIOE

Hi fellow gunners.

I am an arty player and i respect any other tanks, first of all.

I believe everyone is useful for the team, once he/she is an active player in game.

I don't agree with artys players being stopped of making platoon with other tanks, other than artys. My reasons:

1. we are isolated and cant play with friends anymore. its unfair and discriminating. This is the MAIN reason!!!

2. we cant earn platoon badges as brothers in arms, crucial effort, etc. Its no right.

3. the connection between artys and lights as spotters cant go on, and this is a substantial team work in any team. Its wrong.

Please comment and share your thoughts

Great batles and have fun!!!

Skydiverpt,.

vixu #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42546 battles

My 2 cents.

Arty was broken, but it was fun to play.

Arty is still broken, but it is fun to play time to time once you get to the correct vehicle.
WG is trying to make arty unplayable, to force players to give it up by them self.

Though, making it not able to platoon cannot really be explained, except they've made an obvious "gotta fix this" thingy so that they can give it back after couple of patches. 

On the other hand, not being able to play in a platoon as an arty is perhaps the least of my issues with the game. (at least you dont have personal missions for the platoon for SPGs :D )

qpranger #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32397 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Arty should be able to platoon and cause more damage in addition to stun. It should also move faster and have better armour and aim time.  

psychobear #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18973 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View Postskydiverpt, on 06 June 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Hi fellow gunners.

I believe everyone is useful for the team, once he/she is an active player in game.

I don't agree with artys players being stopped of making platoon with other tanks, other than artys. My reasons:

1. we are isolated and cant play with friends anymore. its unfair and discriminating. This is the MAIN reason!!!

2. we cant earn platoon badges as brothers in arms, crucial effort, etc. Its no right.

3. the connection between artys and lights as spotters cant go on, and this is a substantial team work in any team. Its wrong.

Please comment and share your thoughts

Great batles and have fun!!!

Skydiverpt,.

Hi fellow gunner.

I am an occasional arty player - i only play it for the missions.

I believe arty is a broken mechanic that has no place in this game and is highly detrimental to gameplay balance/quality and to the overall fun factor of the game.

I do fully agree with arty being forbidden to platoon. My take on your reasons:

1. You claim that you (arty players) are isolated and cant play with friends anymore. its unfair and discriminating. This is the MAIN reason!!! Well, nope. This is not true. You can play with friends every time you play a regular tank, so if playing with friends is important to you, then play non-arty vehicles. There's plenty to choose from. And when you want to play arty, play single, just like everybody else. Simple.

2. You claim that you (arty players) cant earn platoon badges as brothers in arms, crucial effort, etc. - which is not right. Wrong. For the same reasons mentioned above. No one can earn those in arty, so it's fair.

3. You claim that since arty can't platoon the connection between artys and lights as spotters cant go on, and this is a substantial team work in any team. Well, this is not only wrong, it is downright stupid. Want connection with lights? That's why team chat is there, so fwcking use it. No need to platoon for that.

There, my exact thoughts.

Great battles and have fun!!!

psychobear.

Edited by psychobear, 06 June 2017 - 08:26 PM.

Dundato #5 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26302 battles
No arty should not be able to platoon

Suurpolskija #6 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View Postqpranger, on 06 June 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Arty should be able to platoon and cause more damage in addition to stun. It should also move faster and have better armour and aim time.  

... Probably also cloak of invisibility and flying skill with lazer gunzzz!!!

On a side note, I wouldn't mind 1 arty per platoon. Would still make a lot of PM's easier.

skydiverpt #7 Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23018 battles
  • [CIOE] CIOE

View Postpsychobear, on 06 June 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

Hi fellow gunner.

I am an occasional arty player - i only play it for the missions.

I believe arty is a broken mechanic that has no place in this game and is highly detrimental to gameplay balance/quality and to the overall fun factor of the game.

I do fully agree with arty being forbidden to platoon. My take on your reasons:

1. You claim that you (arty players) are isolated and cant play with friends anymore. its unfair and discriminating. This is the MAIN reason!!! Well, nope. This is not true. You can play with friends every time you play a regular tank, so if playing with friends is important to you, then play non-arty vehicles. There's plenty to choose from. And when you want to play arty, play single, just like everybody else. Simple.

2. You claim that you (arty players) cant earn platoon badges as brothers in arms, crucial effort, etc. - which is not right. Wrong. For the same reasons mentioned above. No one can earn those in arty, so it's fair.

3. You claim that since arty can't platoon the connection between artys and lights as spotters cant go on, and this is a substantial team work in any team. Well, this is not only wrong, it is downright stupid. Want connection with lights? That's why team chat is there, so fwcking use it. No need to platoon for that.

There, my exact thoughts.

Great battles and have fun!!!

psychobear.

Hi psychobear.

Thanks for your comments.

My question is that: to play ion platoon with friends have to choose other tanks than artys. Is it fair?

why shoudlnt we doi it with Maus? or BC 25?

My point is... Why only artys cant platoon?

Have fun on the game ;)

Skydiverpt

Tidal_Force #8 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postskydiverpt, on 06 June 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Either oxymoron or hypocrisy.

Artillery is a horrible class and should have never been implemented.

View Postqpranger, on 06 June 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

You lost my vote. Say goodbye to CC status.

psychobear #9 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18973 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View Postskydiverpt, on 06 June 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Hi psychobear.

Thanks for your comments.

My question is that: to play ion platoon with friends have to choose other tanks than artys. Is it fair?

why shoudlnt we doi it with Maus? or BC 25?

My point is... Why only artys cant platoon?

Have fun on the game ;)

Skydiverpt

My answer to your question is: yes, it is fair. No one can platoon in arty anymore and that's that. It's not like some players are discriminated, it's the same for everyone. You can't platoon in arty, i can't platoon in arty, no one can platoon in arty. And this is good, becouse even remembering those LeFH platoons is enough to make me want to bitchslap the morons who implemented that crap in the game.

Why only arties can't platoon? Becouse they're the only broken class in the game. In all the other classes there are some vehicles here and there that are unbalanced, overpowered or even broken, but arty is the only one class that is broken as a whole, as a concept. It should have never been implemented in the game to begin with, but it was. It should have been completely removed instead of getting reworked, but it wasn't. So it is what it is.

My point is that you should not take this matter so seriously, becouse there are a lot of fun vehicles in this game that you can play in platoons with friends.

Have fun and best regards!

:)

Edited by psychobear, 06 June 2017 - 11:46 PM.

Achibot #10 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
The word is they are considering changing it so that arty can platoon with other tanks than arty. I'm not much for caring on this issue mind you.

sbosog #11 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 66433 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

How about NO. Last thing u need is a platoon of artys or even worst an arty and 2 autoloaders... 

its fine as it is right now. And even need a nerf in the splash radious and duration of stunt on Heavys and specially Super Heavys

AngerManagement1 #12 Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42103 battles

God forbid a platoon want to win a battle. Whats wrong with 1 arty with 2 other tanks???? surely the idea is to win. Teamwork in random battles is a joke, so platooning seems like the sensible choice.

So many people have a problem with arty. I play arty occasionally and believe me...arty isn't the problem, its the stupid idiot on the receiving end that is the team's problem....you wouldn't believe how many players do not relocate after an arty hit, instead they go on about cancer and clickers etc

Suurpolskija #13 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
With the new mechanics arty will/would be very strong in platoon with 1-2 tanks of what ever class. The stun combined with higher rof & accuracy will allow you to disable and smoothen the ride for your friends immensely.

Also, all those assist missions will be so much easier when your fellow tankers know when the enemies will be stunned, since obviously in randoms no one cares about the huge gleaming blobs on the ground.

But yeah, 2-3 arty would be too efficient now. They'd just melt everything and permastun while doing it.

qpranger #14 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 32397 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTidal_Force, on 06 June 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

You lost my vote. Say goodbye to CC status.

Oh come on, I am just trying to please all target groups, including arty lovers, because I really want to get elected. As simple and shallow as that, no deep meaning.

Enforcer1975 #15 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
One per toon is ok as "support".

dennez #16 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17281 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Hello. Im a non arty player and i don't respect professional clickers/griefers.. At all.

skydiverpt #17 Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23018 battles
  • [CIOE] CIOE

View Postpsychobear, on 06 June 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

My answer to your question is: yes, it is fair. No one can platoon in arty anymore and that's that. It's not like some players are discriminated, it's the same for everyone. You can't platoon in arty, i can't platoon in arty, no one can platoon in arty. And this is good, becouse even remembering those LeFH platoons is enough to make me want to bitchslap the morons who implemented that crap in the game.

Why only arties can't platoon? Becouse they're the only broken class in the game. In all the other classes there are some vehicles here and there that are unbalanced, overpowered or even broken, but arty is the only one class that is broken as a whole, as a concept. It should have never been implemented in the game to begin with, but it was. It should have been completely removed instead of getting reworked, but it wasn't. So it is what it is.

My point is that you should not take this matter so seriously, becouse there are a lot of fun vehicles in this game that you can play in platoons with friends.

Have fun and best regards!

:)

Rights, you think its fair.

So how you would feel if , lets say a med, you couldnd play as a platoon anymore on the next patch?

And yes, I can play other tanks as well. BUT, if i wnat to play arty????

skydiverpt #18 Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23018 battles
  • [CIOE] CIOE

View Postdennez, on 07 June 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Hello. Im a non arty player and i don't respect professional clickers/griefers.. At all.

If you dont respect... how can you want to be respected?..... ;)

kevivni #19 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35843 battles
  • [TR0II] TR0II

I'm an arty player, I have played arty sinc 2012 and been the go to arty player in clans. 

Latest arty change, so called rebalance (nerf for good arty players that already hit, buff for bad arty players that where not able to hit target)

Arty change before this that was rigth out was called arty nerf was somewhat needed.

Sure I dont like the new arty changes, as I do less dmg pr shot - and some rounds less dmg than I would done before - but all this is alrigth, but the negative about this arty change is the platoon part, sure 3 arty in platoon with this change would be idiotic to allow! but they could alowed ONE arty in platoon. -> now probably some "know everything guy" or something comes and sais "if they allowed 1 arty in platoon, he would only help his platoon mate" -> YES, he would help his platoon mate as his platoon mates could cordinate with his rld, he stun, then his 2 platoon mates could take this time where theys enemy is stunned to do damage to him where they will take less dmg -> but ofc a good arty player would not only help platoon mates, he would help where he can.

Cobra6 #20 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

For the 4 other classes in this game it's best that arty can not platoon together due to their better accuracy, faster reload and "perma-stun" ability when platooned.

If you get 2-3 arties focussing you you might as well stop playing as your crew will never get off stun and you will pretty much be perma-tracked as well.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users