• Please log in to reply
1371 replies to this topic

HundeWurst #1 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70615 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

POPULAR

OK, today was the second day I played this mode.

My first impressions were horrible, however that was also due to my mindset, not even being in the mood to play the game nor the "new mode".

After today some thoughts (in no particular logic nor order):

1. It is rather easy to get rank 5, the "cheveron" mechanic itself leads to that in one way or another. Overall there are more cheverons gained than lost every battle. Anyone with a little bit advanced understanding of the game and maps will manage to do that eventually.
  2. On rank 4 and 5 the gameplay was quit a bit different compared to the other 3 ranks - on 4 and 5 players tended to know the important location on the maps and would not go to all the useless positions. This often lead to lemmingtrains headbutting each other. Just a different meta.
  3. MM is kinda sorta bad. The fact that one team can get multiple heavies, and the other just mediums on a city map is just sad. Games are often not decided by "skills" but by matchup aka the matchmaker.
  4. As we all know the balance of tier 10 is just non existent. Even though there are not all that many Types and Mäuse around it is still sorta sad.
  5. Map design and all their flaws become much more present and dominat or visiable: Since most players wont make many tactical mistakes they will abuse the maps a lot more. The imbalanced maps often preduce default victories or defeats. Not fun at all.

Whats your second impression?

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39192 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Can I have some of that Sausage?

Corruption_Clan #3 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46220 battles
So much gold being fired!!

Unforgiving_Destiny #4 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48738 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
What they need to do is limit premium ammo , it is really annoying to see every monkey with sub 45% shooting full HEAT and APCR (even though it doesn't matter whether they have 3000 wn8 or 300 , as far as i saw 99% shoot full gold)

suvicze #5 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB
They need to remove the top 3 on loosing team get shevron and replace it by something like top 10 on loosing team dont lose one. From rank 3 it is absolute hell. I am constanly moving from gaining 2-3 shevrons to zero simply because it is either complete win or complete lost and I dont have any proper tank to get to top 3 reliably. If it was near loss then to hell with it but when it is complete steamroll 95% of time then the punishment where 12 people lose one shevron is simply too big.

Element6 #6 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29936 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 06 June 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

My first impressions were horrible, however that was also due to my mindset, not even being in the mood to play the game nor the "new mode".

1. It is rather easy to get rank 5, the "cheveron" mechanic itself leads to that in one way or another. Overall there are more cheverons gained than lost every battle. Anyone with a little bit advanced understanding of the game and maps will manage to do that eventually.

I tried ranked even if I said I would not. 9/9 defeats. Didn't even get on tilt.

Not going back.

herpington #7 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28662 battles
  • [DKPB] DKPB

Make Ranked about team play and not about me, me, me, me.

Would be nice to have something you can use teambattle for? Like the old ranked game play

Swoopie #8 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28469 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostPrincess_Ema, on 06 June 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

What they need to do is limit premium ammo , it is really annoying to see every monkey with sub 45% shooting full HEAT and APCR (even though it doesn't matter whether they have 3000 wn8 or 300 , as far as i saw 99% shoot full gold)

Sure, right after they do something about Type 5's and Mauses.

monthey_ #9 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36412 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC
Ranked battles are  bit like CW battles but without the FC yelling at you when you make stupid moves. Result: too much camping and opposing teams eye balling eachother. I would like to see a bonus for teams that play actively like for instance the team that does 5000 damage first can call in an artillary strike. That way you can create a whole new dynamic, less campy gameplay.

Edited by monthey_, 06 June 2017 - 10:38 PM.

_EXODUZ_ #10 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35554 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postmonthey_, on 06 June 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

... like for instance the team that does 5000 damage first can call in an artillary strike. That way you can create a whole new dynamic, less campy gameplay.

Like we don't have enough steamrolls, right?

monthey_ #11 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36412 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 06 June 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Like we don't have enough steamrolls, right?

I dont know, you tell me

Morgaroth_ #12 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27832 battles

I don't know, but the map rotation seems to be really bad for me in ranked. Tonight mountain pass and el halluf for 80% of the time..

Massive gold fest, but what can you do when you face superheavy abominations all the time.

Tier 10 balance is really bad.. Only a couple of tanks are good for ranked battles..

HundeWurst #13 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70615 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 06 June 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

I tried ranked even if I said I would not. 9/9 defeats. Didn't even get on tilt.

Not going back.

Look on the bright side of life though, you never had any chevrons you could lose :D !

View Postmonthey_, on 06 June 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

Ranked battles are  bit like CW battles but without the FC yelling at you when you make stupid moves. Result: too much camping and opposing teams eye balling eachother. I would like to see a bonus for teams that play actively like for instance the team that does 5000 damage first can call in an artillary strike. That way you can create a whole new dynamic, less campy gameplay.

Air- or artystrikes... *insert random flashback from tier 8 skirmishes and WW II footage*.

No Sir not gonna happen. That is just another retarded mechanic which should have never made it into the game.

Edited by WunderWurst, 06 June 2017 - 10:53 PM.

dmk2 #14 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39753 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 06 June 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

2. On rank 4 and 5 the gameplay was quit a bit different compared to the other 3 ranks - on 4 and 5 players tended to know the important location on the maps and would not go to all the useless positions. This often lead to lemmingtrains headbutting each other. Just a different meta.
  3. MM is kinda sorta bad. The fact that one team can get multiple heavies, and the other just mediums on a city map is just sad. Games are often not decided by "skills" but by matchup aka the matchmaker.
  4. As we all know the balance of tier 10 is just non existent. Even though there are not all that many Types and Mäuse around it is still sorta sad.
  5. Map design and all their flaws become much more present and dominat or visiable: Since most players wont make many tactical mistakes they will abuse the maps a lot more. The imbalanced maps often preduce default victories or defeats. Not fun at all.

This mode is full Edited . Just played this battle minutes ago. How to win if they have so much heavies and much HP in  poll an advance? 

https://ibb.co/kFaKtF

Edited by Asklepi0s, 07 June 2017 - 12:12 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

HipsR #15 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38622 battles

Ok.

Next.

Etre_ #16 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52841 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

1. Remove the arty from ranked battles. Is really not fun when 2 arties decides to wreck one guy an these clickers know how to click.

2. The guys capping should get chevrons no matter what, after all is about wins

3. Fix already the god damn MM.  One team full of heavies, one full of mediums. Just had a game on Malinovka where I had to scout in my IS7 ...

4. Fix the XP or don't award chevrons for the loosing side. Usually the top XP on defeat is made by the last surviving players, even if they have less damage / assist. 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 07 June 2017 - 12:12 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red colour

Bilenkox #17 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18916 battles
  • [LT-18] LT-18
havent played WoT for months, thought id log back in for the ranked battles, after all these patches see how it changed. map rotation sucks, played 5 maps in total thru out entire 4h of ranked battles, as well as 65% of the battles enemy team had 3000-6000 hp advantage cuz of more heavies. come back they said, we fixed the matchmaking they said.....

Folau #18 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The gameplay change between 3 and 4 tonight was very noticeable.

I kinda enjoy it, but I agree the matchmaking is terrible at times stacking teams with heavies and you really notice imbalance within T10 and on the maps. I have come to detest Strv103s because they just sit at the back farming damage with disgusting profile and armour.

In terms of the Chevrons, they are kind of ok I guess but I don't really like the award structure. If 4 guys do well on a defeat because the other 11 potatoed one will get shafted, however I've also done some big carries for teams where there are guys who frankly don't deserve any credit for their contribution. I would prefer some sort of percentages of exp needed to determine who gains Chevrons - a really good win will lead to multiple gained, a solid loss wouldnt' necessarily lead to a loss of Chevrons, and you don't get carried coming 12th.

Tbh a proper ELO system would be better were it not to be reset between stages. The idea of doing this all again next week is pretty daunting, and all this just to get (probably) 2.5% off the reload on my 907.

EDIT: Map rotation is terrible for some reason. Westfield 4 times in a row yesterday, today it was Airfield for a long time then lots of Fiery Salient (the latter of which I approve of).

Edited by Folau, 06 June 2017 - 11:12 PM.

Archaean #19 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15747 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postsuvicze, on 06 June 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

They need to remove the top 3 on loosing team get shevron and replace it by something like top 10 on loosing team dont lose one. From rank 3 it is absolute hell. I am constanly moving from gaining 2-3 shevrons to zero simply because it is either complete win or complete lost and I dont have any proper tank to get to top 3 reliably. If it was near loss then to hell with it but when it is complete steamroll 95% of time then the punishment where 12 people lose one shevron is simply too big.

It's not hell it's called "you found your skill level"

douglarse #20 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58830 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostWunderWurst, on 06 June 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

​6. If your team loses the initial contact players then camp as much as possible to try and farm damage to be in the top 3 when the match is lost. So many meds sitting back calling for "spots"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users