Feedback Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Joantrai #1 Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34657 battles

Hi,

There seems wide range of topics lately with thoughts on the game so I thought to myself that I might as well also jump onto the train. I've diveded it into three segments from the least pressing to the most pressing issues IMHO and those that dislike wall of text can just use headlines and find what they find most appealing to read and comment on. So here we go:

Least pressing:

Spaced armor

For start I am fine with different armor layouts, materials, etc... My issue here is that when you get a flat side of a tank, you should not get destroyed by some dumb 500 mm zone on a side of a tank that is several tiers bellow you just because shot went few micrometers up or down. This area should be revised.

Artillery

I don't mind artillery being in the game and it is in a better state than it was before but a turd is still a turd regardless of how you paint it and my main issue remains. It is still very low skill based, asking very little while delivering indiscriminate indicate fire with basically no risk to itself. I can speak for my experience that the players don't care about the stun as it was originally advertised by WG as a way to make the game more "dynamic" (Insert meme here) but are still focusing on single targets, sometimes even willing to wait for an entire game for that target to peek.

I know I heard the argument that you should move after every shot, playing artillery is hard since you never know where the targets will pop up and stuff and that I only speak of the negatives. This is why I have played several dozen games in artillery and even outside of that I've paid attention to what is happening with artillery in every match I've played.

First of all, you can surprisingly predict the placement of individual tanks based upon their role as heavies will usually go onto the heavy line, meds on the med line, etc...

Secondly, in the like 40 games that I've played with it and countless games where I've been watching it what is going on with them, I have noticed like once in the entire time it was actively trying to counterbattery somebody or was being counter-batteried. So basically this argument falls off as well.

Thirdly the artillery actively punishes any attempts to push forwards, which prevents the "dynamic gameplay" from unfolding. Furthermore, this role can as well be easily done by any TD in the game.

Lastly - The stun mechanic. Or more like why do I get stunned for full duration even if the shell didn't even scratch my tracks or anything for that matter.

Introduce a skill based artillery gameplay and I will be happy in my pants.

Hidden rocks

I don't know who in WG came up with this idea but why there seem to be some kind of rule of thumb, that if there is a rock in the open, there is a bush nearby. The issue here is twofold - I have to memorize that there is a damn rock hiding behind that bush so I avoid it. Secondly, it tends to sometimes break the game as I cannot blind fire it if somebody hides behind it cause you know...there is a rock.

Testing rides

Simple - Let us test tanks before we buy them. You could, for example, let us drive one tank of our choice for few hours every few mouths. We wouldn't be buying tanks blindly, you get a good will and potential buyers = Win-Win.

Semi-pressing

Tunnel maps

This design of the map is poor at best. It is supposed to help and encourage heavy tank push forward but all it does is, that it creates kill zones, where TDs sit on either side, eating chunks of HPs from the heavies and artillery happily farming as well. When you are in a bottom tier heavy, you are basically screwed as well since, well...you can't fight with a Maus and stuff if you are in your T32 so you take it onto a medium flank and try to pull off a flanking shots but since there are tunnels, you can't do that. Lights also get heavily screwed by this. Let's also not forget that maps that are not directly tunnels seem to have some kind of ridge or river or something running through the middle without any cover, making it awesome for anybody trying to push.

Light tanks

Basically, every tank in the game has its own thing - Heavies have their armor and heavy caliber gun, TDs sacrifice certain stats for huge gains in others and tend to carry guns that pack a punch, meds are all rounded. But how about lights? They should be these fast moving stealthy flankers with low caliber gun and high view range but they are not. Meds can somewhat keep up with them, have better guns, better view range,... The only thing playing for them is the camo rating but that is irrelevant since as we've already established most maps are tunnels the lights are therefore forced to fight Mouses frontally which is obviously fun and dynamic. I wonder what were the true reasons for those drastic nerfs for the lights before release....

Invisible walls and poorly rendered objects, vehicles, unbreakable wooden structures...

Honestly, this is one of my most hated things. How can you render tanks, building and even entire areas that are so lazy? Superpershing is, for example, missing an entire cupola from the model, Plzen map has an entire sloped invisible wall at E3, preventing everybody from using that corner, shells stop mid air cause I guess air was too thick around a certain building, wooden sticks refusing to crumble, ... Like how you want to make this and Esports title if this is still a thing?

Accuracy

This one is fairly straight forward - For some dumb reason firing a gun can sometimes cause a shell to...well, I can only describe it as fall of the barrel instead of being fired since it hits the ground on the other side of a ridge 1m in front of me where I didn't even have sight on.

Another thing is that you should make the accuracy more relevant - You can't have leopards and tanks like that miss over and over again while being full aimed from point blank range while having Russian tanks pulling snapshots and hitting weak spots with little to no effort half the map away.

Transparent statistics

Simple - Show ALL statistics when I wish to look at a tank and don't make me use this third party website to check for those hidden stats which make basically most of what I see in garage irrelevant.

Most pressing

Boosting

In the past, I would just pass this thing like whatever I don't care but nowadays I see almost every match somebody climbing some dumb hill. I have no issue with players doing that but I have an issue with WG not fixing it. Basically, those spots have cover and oftentimes overlook the cap, meaning you can't reach the goating player, since he is going to be firing at you all the time you are trying to get up there, nor you can shoot him, nor you can cap, which completely breaks the map and the match. Either allow everybody to reach

Penetration rolls

Well, this is just outright dumb. Like you move with your Cromwell behind and IS3, you start firing into his fat [edited]and you end up bouncing over and over again cause RNG has decided that you are going to low roll with your pens. Hell freaking Jagdpanzer E100 can roll 240 or something with penetration and this is supposed to be an Esports title. This should just not exist.

Power creep

Ok, this is the big one. Look I am going to make this short - If I cannot pen Chrysler K while he is above me, showing me his lover plate flat in my overpowered Patriot, what chance does your average tier 8 tank have? Like you know - T32, Panter II, ... Just stop, please. Also, stop pretending like you have no idea what we as a community are taking about...

Proper tutorial

The tutorial in WoT is extremely outdated and poorly designed. It could go into so much more depth and improve the general level of players entering this game. Also, introduce special tutorial for higher tier tanks because they tend to play vastly differently from the low tiers.

Edited by Joantrai, 07 June 2017 - 02:38 AM.

HassenderZerhacker #2 Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostJoantrai, on 07 June 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

Power creep

Ok, this is the big one. Look I am going to make this short - If I cannot pen Chrysler K while he is above me, showing me his lover plate flat in my overpowered Patriot, what chance does your average tier 8 tank have? Like you know - T32, Panter II, ... Just stop, please. Also, stop pretending like you have no idea what we as a community are taking about...

agree about the power creep, yet the the example doesn't work, because I have penned the Chrystler K from below in its lower front plate reliably using AP ammo with Panther II and with T25 pilot 1 (192 pen).

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 07 June 2017 - 04:18 AM.

armandio #3 Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 79314 battles
  • [KLANS] KLANS

I cant understand why You want change WoT, the game who brings millions $ to game owners WG.

Maybe start to change Yourself and try to invent Your game.

I doubt Your game income exceed 1$.:trollface:

trefferlage #4 Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2065 battles
A lot of text. You know, that NOBODY important is reading this ? No dev, mod, and whatever ? Forum is the lightning rod, to cool u down a little bit :-)

juonimies #5 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43333 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View Postarmandio, on 07 June 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

I cant understand why You want change WoT, the game who brings millions $ to game owners WG.

Maybe start to change Yourself and try to invent Your game.

I doubt Your game income exceed 1$.:trollface:

That guy has fact-based opinions which he can write on computer so clearly that (at least the majority of) forumites can understand. I predict a game made by him would earn more than a game made by some comic writing only low-life jokes.

Edited by juonimies, 07 June 2017 - 01:00 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
and as always a well thought out post with interesting points gets the least attention from brain dead forum members...

Jigabachi #7 Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 June 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

and as always a well thought out post with interesting points gets the least attention from brain dead forum members...

Because while it's elaborate and well structured, which the OP deserves a pat on the back for, it isn't anything new. We all have a similar view on many of the things he posted, so I don't see how those are "interesting points". We read parts of it every day.

It's the 8356th piece of feedback that will get ignored.

Edited by Jigabachi, 07 June 2017 - 04:42 PM.

HassenderZerhacker #8 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23543 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostJigabachi, on 07 June 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Because while it's elaborate and well structured, which the OP deserves a pat on the back for, it isn't anything new. We all have a similar view on many of the things he posted, so I don't see how those are "interesting points". We read parts of it every day.

It's the 8356th piece of feedback that will get ignored.

exactly ;-)

Also tagged with Feedback, Suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users