Engine destruction and assist damage

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

unfair_plane_kemp_bush #1 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10830 battles

We all know you get assisted damage when you destroy a track and the immobilized vehicle takes damage, but i (probably neither do others) do not get any assist dmg for destroying the enemy's engine. Am i blind and you do get assist dmg for that, or is it not a thing yet? (And if it is not, why is it not???)

Spurtung #2 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63805 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postunfair_plane_kemp_bush, on 07 June 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

We all know you get assisted damage when you destroy a track and the immobilized vehicle takes damage, but i (probably neither do others) do not get any assist dmg for destroying the enemy's engine. Am i blind and you do get assist dmg for that, or is it not a thing yet? (And if it is not, why is it not???)

Why stop there?

If you take out the driver, they don't move as well; if you take out the gun, they can't shoot; if you take out their radio or radio operator, they can't tell your position as effectively; etc...

Consett_Steel #3 Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17504 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 07 June 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Why stop there?

If you take out the driver, they don't move as well; if you take out the gun, they can't shoot; if you take out their radio or radio operator, they can't tell your position as effectively; etc...

The point he's making is that dead engine has exactly the same effect on a tank as dead tracks, so logically the assist should count equally. A dead driver or gun compromises the vehicle to an extent but isn't leaving it a sitting duck. I guess the only real difference is that shooting tracks is possible as a deliberate move whilst breaking an engine is somewhat harder to reliably aim for.

captainpigg #4 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31323 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
^^ Agreed, never has made any sense to me either.

Spurtung #5 Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63805 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostConsett_Steel, on 07 June 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

The point he's making is that dead engine has exactly the same effect on a tank as dead tracks, so logically the assist should count equally. A dead driver or gun compromises the vehicle to an extent but isn't leaving it a sitting duck. I guess the only real difference is that shooting tracks is possible as a deliberate move whilst breaking an engine is somewhat harder to reliably aim for.

Not just that, everyone can see a vehicle has been detracked and therefore vulnerable whereas not everyone can see a dead engine.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Tbh, I never did think about this until now. As you know when you tracked it. But you don't know if you killed his engine, or if he has given up, or if he is just greedy and wants that damage before gets taken out. Unless you have eagle eye that is. And I don't have many tanks with that skill.

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 June 2017 - 08:17 PM.

CrySpy #7 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22394 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
With a broken engine your tank will coast, especially downhill. If you're (un)lucky you can still get away, like dropping down a ledge. Tracking is also far less RNG than actually breaking the engine. You can intetionally track someone(if you hit) with a single shot or two. You don't intetionally disable an engine if your goal is to keep an enemy in place. This would just make sure that we get even more weird XP distributions, and who'd want that?

Homer_J #8 Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postunfair_plane_kemp_bush, on 07 June 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Nope there is no assisted damage for engine destruction, and the last time WG commented on it there were no plans to change it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users