Jump to content


World of Tanks current status/community complaints

Community Complaints Updates

  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

The_DarkAnathema #1 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:00 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8140 battles
  • 21
  • [CB-FR] CB-FR
  • Member since:
    08-27-2015

The main goal of this topic is to leave constructive feedback to WG, and make them understand what we want. This topic contains ideas and opinions not only from me, but from many people from social networks and WoT forums.

 

WG, the latest decisions you made about WoT left most of the community quite angered. I'm not talking about p2w, but the fact that you don't listen to your community anymore.

Most of us are less and less attracted to the game, mainly because of implementations that most of us don't wanted. Let's be clear, some of us really appreciate the amout of work you put into improving this game.

Most of new features are very attractive BUT the decision you made about some of these features (nerfing T10 LTs, added this bond/improved equipment system). For example if you decided to leave LT stats as they were, or not implemented the bond/improved equipment system, but kept the ranked battles system, a lot of players would be really happy with new updates.

We understand that as a company, your goal is to make money. We respect that fact. But forcing players to put money into the game to stay competitive is not a way to do it.

Let's be clear. There are salty people who will always complain. I bet you don't like them, but we don't like them either. Having negative feedback is perfectly understandable, but having negative feedback from larges portions of the community is not normal. Something about the decisions you take is not right.

World of Tanks is still a great game, new updates are more and more creative, and we are pleased to see new content. But sometimes there are implementations that bother or frustrate us. Your job is to understand what is right/wrong with a decision, and listen to your community, let us voice our opinion, let us vote, I don't know but let us tell you what we think about features/implementations.

 

I trust you rebalancing the game, making it more fun, less frustrating and more profitable for you.

 

Fellow tankers, I don't ask you to agree with me, I don't ask you to debate or anything, I'm asking you in this topic to leave your general feedback, but please, make it constructive and respectful towards WG and players.

Thanks, see you soon in the battlefield :)



Dennyb #2 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21178 battles
  • 1,936
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

WarGaming doesn't care about community feedback, they've shown that time and time again. Even when it's became a big event such as the Foch incident recently.



Dragonlordcv #3 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23970 battles
  • 860
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
Why bother when WG understands the opposite or do not care thus after every update the game becomes worse than before.

truoste #4 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36825 battles
  • 1,340
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

I do not think that they do not listen to us but they simply do not care. Quite likely rightfully so. We all have different ideas that would need improving and if they would incorporate everything, I think we would have impenetrable tanks that would fly and shoot little baby dragons.

 

My biggest issue at the moment is balance, or lack of it. But when you look at the promo videos produced by WG you sort of get the impression that they are extremely happy that they can provide players these “fun” experiences when they feel invincible. If I recall correctly defender video boasted about it being nearly immune to lower tier enemies, offering they buyer some fun moments and Chrysler video did the same.  Then there was this promo clip from grand finals when those two guys explained to us *Edited how defender is balanced because of a bad player and Chrysler offering a fun moment to a player when being top tier in himmelsdorf. I think there was a bit of foam coming out of the guys mouth when he explained about this fun moment for a player.

 

I guess what I am trying to say that they are catering for masses and masses want their Mice and Types and they are happy with those and balance is not really all that important but those moments when you are invincible are much more precious. In other words… trying to suggest something is simply waste of time. 


Edited by Nohe21, 07 June 2017 - 03:50 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


jabster #5 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,797
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010
I must have missed when the 'community' elected an official spokesperson to speak on their behalf.

SlyMeerkat #6 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15812 battles
  • 1,942
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
As a Tanker myself i don't tend to complain much over the game, i mean sure they have done things that are questionable but i don't over react on it and just deal with it..... It takes quite a lot for me to actually say something that i hate but until then, i just play normally and so far its alright.

_EXODUZ_ #7 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34617 battles
  • 1,936
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
What is it with people thinking their opinion matters so much?

AdzTownstrike #8 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18853 battles
  • 706
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    05-19-2014

View PostThe_DarkAnathema, on 07 June 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

The main goal of this topic is to leave constructive feedback to WG, and make them understand what we want. This topic contains ideas and opinions not only from me, but from many people from social networks and WoT forums.

 

WG, the latest decisions you made about WoT left most of the community quite angered. I'm not talking about p2w, but the fact that you don't listen to your community anymore.

Most of us are less and less attracted to the game, mainly because of implementations that most of us don't wanted. Let's be clear, some of us really appreciate the amout of work you put into improving this game.

Most of new features are very attractive BUT the decision you made about some of these features (nerfing T10 LTs, added this bond/improved equipment system). For example if you decided to leave LT stats as they were, or not implemented the bond/improved equipment system, but kept the ranked battles system, a lot of players would be really happy with new updates.

We understand that as a company, your goal is to make money. We respect that fact. But forcing players to put money into the game to stay competitive is not a way to do it.

Let's be clear. There are salty people who will always complain. I bet you don't like them, but we don't like them either. Having negative feedback is perfectly understandable, but having negative feedback from larges portions of the community is not normal. Something about the decisions you take is not right.

World of Tanks is still a great game, new updates are more and more creative, and we are pleased to see new content. But sometimes there are implementations that bother or frustrate us. Your job is to understand what is right/wrong with a decision, and listen to your community, let us voice our opinion, let us vote, I don't know but let us tell you what we think about features/implementations.

 

I trust you rebalancing the game, making it more fun, less frustrating and more profitable for you.

 

Fellow tankers, I don't ask you to agree with me, I don't ask you to debate or anything, I'm asking you in this topic to leave your general feedback, but please, make it constructive and respectful towards WG and players.

Thanks, see you soon in the battlefield :)

 

You do realize wg's job is to provide for everyone not just you. You cant expect them to roll back millions of dollars worth of changes because some players dont like it

signal11th #9 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35376 battles
  • 5,476
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View PostThe_DarkAnathema, on 07 June 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

The main goal of this topic is to leave constructive feedback to WG, and make them understand what we want. This topic contains ideas and opinions not only from me, but from many people from social networks and WoT forums.

 

WG, the latest decisions you made about WoT left most of the community quite angered. I'm not talking about p2w, but the fact that you don't listen to your community anymore.

Most of us are less and less attracted to the game, mainly because of implementations that most of us don't wanted. Let's be clear, some of us really appreciate the amout of work you put into improving this game.

Most of new features are very attractive BUT the decision you made about some of these features (nerfing T10 LTs, added this bond/improved equipment system). For example if you decided to leave LT stats as they were, or not implemented the bond/improved equipment system, but kept the ranked battles system, a lot of players would be really happy with new updates.

We understand that as a company, your goal is to make money. We respect that fact. But forcing players to put money into the game to stay competitive is not a way to do it.

Let's be clear. There are salty people who will always complain. I bet you don't like them, but we don't like them either. Having negative feedback is perfectly understandable, but having negative feedback from larges portions of the community is not normal. Something about the decisions you take is not right.

World of Tanks is still a great game, new updates are more and more creative, and we are pleased to see new content. But sometimes there are implementations that bother or frustrate us. Your job is to understand what is right/wrong with a decision, and listen to your community, let us voice our opinion, let us vote, I don't know but let us tell you what we think about features/implementations.

 

I trust you rebalancing the game, making it more fun, less frustrating and more profitable for you.

 

Fellow tankers, I don't ask you to agree with me, I don't ask you to debate or anything, I'm asking you in this topic to leave your general feedback, but please, make it constructive and respectful towards WG and players.

Thanks, see you soon in the battlefield :)

 

Unfortunately the "large portions of the community" that you have described only make up maybe at most 10% of the actual player-base, so until the other 90% stop playing/paying WG I imagine aren't going to change much.

Ceeb #10 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles
  • 5,168
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

Past caring to be honest. 

 

I'll play, complain (hey Jack is a dull boy if he's happy) rage,  switch off and play something else...This is the only game (apart from the Fifa series that have ever made me angry.) I'm no Psychoanalyst but there must be a PHD in there somewhere. 

 

WG seem to be ruining their own game or turning it into something THEY think is awesome. its like those horses with blinkers on. I've seen it so many times before, Jumpgate (2001) Star Wars Galaxies, original Planetside, all changed so much that the community left.  I'm not saying there is a decline in numbers but there is a load of people not happy,  the *Edited seem to have been catered for with the buffs to the Super heavies.

 

I've come to the opinion that opinions/suggestions no longer are listened too, we here in the forums are but a speck of whats actually playing the game.  It will die, its natural. wont be this year or the next, but it will die. 

 

Haven't played this new game mode as been away in the big smoke for work.  I'll give it a shot, but after reading here its borked so i doubt I'll play it... 

 

The game is unique and WG are bending their own game over the table... 

 

 


Edited by Nohe21, 07 June 2017 - 03:54 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


Agent_327 #11 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16591 battles
  • 393
  • [CAF] CAF
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010

How are the Bonds/better equipment part of a p2w strategy? You can't buy them you can earn them by playing tier 10 tanks.. I think that tier 8 have too many tier 10 tanks so getting rid of them by making a 'lvl 2' wot is excellent. Besides a lot of players have asked for a MM that took skill into account. They are just giving us what a lot of ppl have asked for.

 

If they haven't nerfed light tanks there would be no reason to play medium tanks. So also that decision makes sense..



ortega456 #12 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60241 battles
  • 1,006
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012

Well written. Hope someone of the mods relays this up the chain and puts lots of exclemation marks behind the note.

 

I think in the end, if user numbers will decline maybe they will listen and adjust the trends or just giggle about how rich they've become sitting on top of a pile of money and not caring at all.

 

Maybe they can make more money from their recent premiums and ranked battles but it's like a dying star which blows itself up before it dies in a ray of light...

 

Let's see.



The_DarkAnathema #13 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8140 battles
  • 21
  • [CB-FR] CB-FR
  • Member since:
    08-27-2015

View Postjabster, on 07 June 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

I must have missed when the 'community' elected an official spokesperson to speak on their behalf.

 

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 07 June 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

What is it with people thinking their opinion matters so much?

 

View PostAdzTownstrike, on 07 June 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

 

You do realize wg's job is to provide for everyone not just you. You cant expect them to roll back millions of dollars worth of changes because some players dont like it

 

View Postsignal11th, on 07 June 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

 

Unfortunately the "large portions of the community" that you have described only make up maybe at most 10% of the actual player-base, so until the other 90% stop playing/paying WG I imagine aren't going to change much.

 

 

I don't pretend to hold the ultimate truth. After hours of research on social medias like facebook and youtube and on forums, I came up with this topic. I'm in no way the community spokesperson, and I might be wrong, but WG community is pretty salty about latest WG updates and decisions. I appreciate your criticism, though :)



Scabolcz #14 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13487 battles
  • 332
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostDennyb, on 07 June 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

WarGaming doesn't care about community feedback, they've shown that time and time again. Even when it's became a big event such as the Foch incident recently.

 

I actually read somewhere that they do, at least from the RU community, since they are the only ones pleased about the recent additions and changes.. But don't quote me on that :teethhappy:

Edited by Scabolcz, 07 June 2017 - 11:53 AM.


HeidenSieker #15 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,648
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View Postjabster, on 07 June 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

I must have missed when the 'community' elected an official spokesperson to speak on their behalf.

 

They didn't. No idea why you say they did.



_EXODUZ_ #16 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34617 battles
  • 1,936
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
 

View PostThe_DarkAnathema, on 07 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

 

I don't pretend to hold the ultimate truth. After hours of research on social medias like facebook and youtube and on forums, I came up with this topic. I'm in no way the community spokesperson, and I might be wrong, but WG community is pretty salty about latest WG updates and decisions. I appreciate your criticism, though :)

 

So you just wanted to create another "hot" topic? Did you consider that there's not much point in doing so?

 

View PostScabolcz, on 07 June 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

I actually read somewhere that they do, at least from the RU community, since they are the only ones pleased about the recent additions and changes.. But don't quote me on that :teethhappy:

 

Nope, RU community is quite similar to EU in terms of opinion about RB if you look at the forums.

jabster #17 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,797
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostThe_DarkAnathema, on 07 June 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

 

 

 

 

 

I don't pretend to hold the ultimate truth. After hours of research on social medias like facebook and youtube and on forums, I came up with this topic. I'm in no way the community spokesperson, and I might be wrong, but WG community is pretty salty about latest WG updates and decisions. I appreciate your criticism, though :)

 

Well, removing the uses of 'we' and 'us' would be helpful.

malachi6 #18 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49221 battles
  • 3,231
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Their attitude towards discussions regarding bonds / premium equipment.  Is a clear indication that they are going to be monetized in the near future.  Pushing the game ever closer to pay to be competitive.

The_DarkAnathema #19 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8140 battles
  • 21
  • [CB-FR] CB-FR
  • Member since:
    08-27-2015

View Postjabster, on 07 June 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

 

Well, removing the uses of 'we' and 'us' would be helpful.

 

 

Please, go on any forum, any social media, anything that talks about world of tanks, and count how many complaints / negative feedback there is vs the number of all comments and establish a ratio. My words won't convince anything, but maths should.


Edited by The_DarkAnathema, 07 June 2017 - 12:48 PM.


jabster #20 Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,797
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostThe_DarkAnathema, on 07 June 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

 

 

Please, go on any forum, any social media, anything that talks about world of tanks, and count how many complaints / negative feedback there is vs the number of all comments and establish a ratio. My words won't convince anything, but maths should.

 

You can count as many things as you want but that doesn't mean you speak for me.





Also tagged with Community, Complaints, Updates

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users