WG you need re-balance the techtree!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31188 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

Ok, lets discuss the current tier 8 situation...

Is it fair that the VK.45.01 A is a tier 8? look at the current tier 8 vehicles, specialy the premium ones, and compare it with this tank, seriously, is there anyone who would dare to pick this tank to play tier 8 this days to be competitive or have fun? 

the new mm had very good effect in some tiers, specialy tier 5, where games are very very competitive, and fun to play, because of the tanks are very well balanced between tier 5 and 6...

Something that doesnt happen in tier 8 and 9... in tier 8 and 9, some major gaps between lines of the techtree are way too visible, and specialy the introduction of some OP like hell premiums bring even more lack of balance between tanks of the same tier...

I personaly think they need to create what i would call 'dynamic tier' wich, would be a dynamic state for each tank depending on the modules it had equiped...

lets do an example, if a Tiger I, was equiped with the small 88 gun, or the other guns other than the long 88, it should be tier VI and not VII...

the same for the Tiger II, if it was equiped with the long 88, it should be tier only! 

This could be applied to everytank, we all know modules are tagged with tier level, so i dont understand why some tier 8 tanks get tier 7 guns... and some

even tier 6...

The key of this game is in balance... the fun of the game is also in balance, when there is no balance, you either get bored or frustrated...

and thats when you stop playing! 

WG do you want us to stop playing? so FIX IT!

Stat_Padder #2 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37956 battles
Rly.

NiemandXL #3 Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 07 June 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Is it fair that the VK.45.01 A is a tier 8? look at the current tier 8 vehicles, specialy the premium ones, and compare it with this tank, seriously, is there anyone who would dare to pick this tank to play tier 8 this days to be competitive or have fun?

That VK is not so bad anymore since it got a buffed. Try playing a Panther 2 or Centurion 1 and then come back. T28 Proto is another gem you might wanna try^^

antoine130 #4 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5237 battles
  • [TAHA] TAHA
Are you kidding me? Angled VK4501 will bounce T34 shells on the UFP. What do you want, Maus armor?

AllTheChildren #5 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33266 battles
  • [MOBS] MOBS

View Postantoine130, on 07 June 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Are you kidding me? Angled VK4501 will bounce T34 shells on the UFP. What do you want, Maus armor?

Yes ?

Isharial #6 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18960 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKillingJoker, on 07 June 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Ok, lets discuss the current tier 8 situation...

the new mm had very good effect in some tiers, specialy tier 5, where games are very very competitive, and fun to play, because of the tanks are very well balanced between tier 5 and 6...

Something that doesnt happen in tier 8 and 9... in tier 8 and 9, some major gaps between lines of the techtree are way too visible, and specialy the introduction of some OP like hell premiums bring even more lack of balance between tanks of the same tier...

I personaly think they need to create what i would call 'dynamic tier' wich, would be a dynamic state for each tank depending on the modules it had equiped...

lets do an example, if a Tiger I, was equiped with the small 88 gun, or the other guns other than the long 88, it should be tier VI and not VII...

the same for the Tiger II, if it was equiped with the long 88, it should be tier only!

This could be applied to everytank, we all know modules are tagged with tier level, so i dont understand why some tier 8 tanks get tier 7 guns... and some

even tier 6...

The key of this game is in balance... the fun of the game is also in balance, when there is no balance, you either get bored or frustrated...

and thats when you stop playing!

WG do you want us to stop playing? so FIX IT!

what on earth did I just read?

tanks are balanced at T5 and T6? what rock are you living under?

since when was a T67 balanced?

or an O-I?

when is a jg pz 4 even useful? (it cant even pen a lot of T7 with standard rounds...)

and barely any T6's are even remotely useful against T8's... there gap between tiers is not only big at tiers 8-9...

and no, stock tanks are not meant to rush to their "actual" spot and crush everything below them, they're supposed to go after things they can pen, not mindlessly run towards heavy flank because "im heavy hur dur"

what tier would you put an ARL V39? im curious here because that thing gets a T3 (yes T3) gun as stock, and it would rape all at T3 if you stuck it there....

your idea has fundamental flaws... big ones

qpranger #7 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31057 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I think the OP makes some valid points.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

The VK 4501 A or the Tiger were never brawling HT's to begin with. One is a medium heavy, the other is a support HT. Tho it's better off now with the new buffs vs before. That and the Tiger was added into the game in a different era. It had way less HP and a longer reload. It was over 2 seconds slower back then. They added it as a tier 7, as it worked with the old MM that even set tier 6 HT's up vs the E100. As the VK3601 "that was a medium back then" was rather bad with the 132mm short 88 it had. Thus they made it a medium, not a HT. And Germany only had HT's at tier 7 and up then. As again... vs what was around back then, and with the old MM. It just worked better.

It's the same reason why the ELC had over 250 gold pen as a tier 5. Because it had +5 MM before. Not +3 like it had before 9.18. Thus it was balanced as such.

This is not a tank sim. Or a historical focused game, or a WWII game. The faster you realize that, the better.

KillingJoker #9 Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31188 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View Postantoine130, on 07 June 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Only if the T34 is stupid to not shot your 80mm of side armor, since you dont have side armor to angle in a way that would turn your frontal uper plate that effective...

at its maximum effective angle the VK 45.01 A will only bounce 225/230 shells, depending on RNG, and its very tricky because a slight overangle, and your side armor doesnt ricochet anymore...

so i am not making here a request of a maus armor, i am just making a point that a VK 45.01 A is too underpowered to tier 8 when compared to most heavies you see on that tier...

antoine130 #10 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5237 battles
  • [TAHA] TAHA

View PostKillingJoker, on 07 June 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Only if the T34 is stupid to not shot your 80mm of side armor, since you dont have side armor to angle in a way that would turn your frontal uper plate that effective...

at its maximum effective angle the VK 45.01 A will only bounce 225/230 shells, depending on RNG, and its very tricky because a slight overangle, and your side armor doesnt ricochet anymore...

so i am not making here a request of a maus armor, i am just making a point that a VK 45.01 A is too underpowered to tier 8 when compared to most heavies you see on that tier...

I'm really too tired to explain why i think you're wrong, but oh boy you're wrong. I've played both (have 400 battles in T34) and VK4502 is better in every way except turret armor and gun alpha & pen. 

edit: I'd love to see your opinion on the Caernarvon, if you struggle with the 4502A

Edited by antoine130, 07 June 2017 - 10:41 PM.

Laatikkomafia #11 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
Instead of buffing all tier 8 into the broken state some are, let's nerf the broken ones instead.

Homer_J #12 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27485 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKillingJoker, on 07 June 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

even tier 6...

We had module based mm in beta, what it meant was your stock tank was matched against a fully upgraded tank a tier lower.  This created more imbalance than we have now and wasn't liked by players, especially when your top tier was tier VIII and the enemy top tier was a IX.

brisha #13 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15244 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

There is no balance left in this game anymore, everything is wrong with it now.

MM is a disgrace, the tank line ups are always so one sided and if you don't play T9 or 10 95% of the battles are bottom tier.

These last 2 patches could be the death of the game if they don't change it quick, which is never going to happen as they don't know the meaning of the word.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users