PC Players views on Console 'Patch Kits' idea.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: What art thou thoughts on Patch Kits (20 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think they are a good idea.

1. Yes. (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. No. (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

What impact do you think they would have on gameplay and the current meta.

1. A positive impact (Explain why). (1 vote [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

2. A negative impact (Explain why). (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

3. They would have no impact on the gameplay and meta at all (Explain why). (1 vote [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Would you like to see Patch Kits on PC.

1. Yes, for it is a fantastic idea. (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. No they should stay with the peasants. (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

Would they have a different impact on the gameplay and meta on PC than on Console.

1. They would have a completely different impact on the game (Explain why). (14 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. They would have the same impact on the game (Explain why). (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Hide poll

Kuraikage #1 Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 985 battles

This is your friendly Console peasant that lurks on here every 3 months, 2 days and exactly 7 hours.

I don't make threads up in this place cause there ain't been nothing to really make threads about until now. However someone was interested in knowing how PC Forums would react to this but none of their lurkers wanted to make a thread about it.

Console intends to introduce and 'test' a new Consumable by the name of 'Patch Kits'. The idea is simple, you carry one of these things in battle as one of your three Consumables and from the point your tank takes any damage at all you can use them to heal your tank and it will heal up to 20% of your tank's HP. 

This means that tanks such as the V/IV which has 870 will have a potential amount of 1,044 HP.

Spoiler

These Consumables were tested on the Console Supertest and the majority of ST had a very negative view of them, however the WOTC Devs being fantastic as they are ignored this and have decided that they will add or keep them out of the game based on what happens during the weekend of June 30th and if it is a positive view, they will add them into the main game for Random Battles, Ranked Battles and so on.

A large portion of the player base intends to 'boycott' the weekend, refusing to either play the game entirely or use them in the hope of two things, that they don't get enough viable information to decide whether they should be added or they realise due to the uproar from the community and publicity of said uproar that it is a bad idea and they wont be added. That's Consoles viewpoint of this whole debauchery.

However myself and others are interested to see PC's viewpoint of this whole debauchery, what they see with this from the sidelines and as players who have a considerably different game (One that doesn't have about 30 Reskins and counting), if the idea of being capable of healing your tank when damaged is seen as good or bad. Whether given the same option you'd agree to have them in the game or not.

Yeah all the boring writing and reading bit is now done, this is the bit where you share all your love with me I mean, get the fun peasant comments and whatnot out of the way. 

Uebergewicht #2 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

I´m a bit torn. On the one hand, I would like if there were more HP in the game, it makes games longer, a bit more tactical, especially at low tiers where tanks die insanely fast, and overall more lucrative as there are more XP to gain. On the other hand, a percentage based consumable benefits the heavies more than anyone else, especially the superheavies, of which we already have a few extremely powerful ones. Basically anything that can use it´s HP to fight with will get a significant buff, far more thn those tanks who are built to avoid taking hits altogether.

Extra HP also seem so ridiculously good that they basically trump any other consumeable. Who wouldnt want to have one of these with him? And whoever doesnt is probably at a huge disadvantage.

Homer_J #3 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27068 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Isn't this what they have (had?) in Warships?

Maus with 20% more health, that's what the game needs.:P

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Block Quote

They would have a completely different impact on the game (Explain why)

As of what, 9.18, repair kits and the like replenish after 90 Seconds (I think it's 90 Across all kits). Imagine doing damage to a tank in the early game, but he can camp in the back long enough to fully heal. Also of course, we have tanks like the Maus, which has 3200hp. That means what, he can replenish 640hp in 30 Seconds, able to do that every 90 Seconds. Even ignoring the replenishing kits part, that's still adding 640hp on top of the existing 3200hp, with the addition of the armour bouncing most damaging hits.

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50132 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Yes they do have just this in WoWS and with cooldown and good use of the thing you can end up repairing more than your original HP through the course of a battle.

On a ship the crew had dedicated repair crews. I don't like it for tanks where all the crew have  a full time job.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62787 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well... console is built up differently vs PC. Crew skills to name one. As they even have one to extend drown time. I can see it kinda working there. Much as it works on BB's on world of warships. Why? Well on WOWS and WOT Console, you can see tracers from unspotted tanks and ships. Inc arty. Even more so during night battles, as you can see their origin, and thus blind fire more effectively.

So on average, you waste more HP then you should have on console I feel on most of the battles vs PC. So they need it. Here on PC. Nope. I can see one or two upsides to it. But 99 downsides. Then again console is a few buffs behind PC usually. So I know some don't have the same HP buff some here have. Like the Maus. And thus it's even more stupid.

I've to take a dip in the console pool now and then to check out the changes they do. Only have about 2K games there since closed Beta on 360.

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 June 2017 - 12:07 AM.

Dundato #7 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25656 battles
Dont play on consoles. They not for weans

Isharial #8 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18318 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

having more HP is a good thing for the lowly noobs, as they cant die so quickly, however it benefits those with more HP than everyone else

a PZ T25 has 600+ HP at T5, but most other T5 meds have ~450, they already have 150 more, and that's more than most other meds alpha's.. let alone the ~7/800 it would end up with, with the patch kit

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 07 June 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

As of what, 9.18, repair kits and the like replenish after 90 Seconds (I think it's 90 Across all kits). Imagine doing damage to a tank in the early game, but he can camp in the back long enough to fully heal. Also of course, we have tanks like the Maus, which has 3200hp. That means what, he can replenish 640hp in 30 Seconds, able to do that every 90 Seconds. Even ignoring the replenishing kits part, that's still adding 640hp on top of the existing 3200hp, with the addition of the armour bouncing most damaging hits.

this ^

- people would run off low HP and camp out of the way, not using their gun until they fully healed, ie, those pesky lights

- it would benefit the useless campers that get spotted early, but don't quite get killed... (those heavies that camp over the field on malinovka...)

edit: some typo's

Edited by Clarrissa_the_Third, 08 June 2017 - 12:22 AM.

Kuraikage #9 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 985 battles

View PostUebergewicht, on 07 June 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

Extra HP also seem so ridiculously good that they basically trump any other consumeable. Who wouldnt want to have one of these with him? And whoever doesnt is probably at a huge disadvantage.

From my perspective, if these things were to drop on Console and/or PC, they would become a necessary Consumable.

You'd have to run without one of the others because the disadvantage of not being able to regain your HP would be too much of a risk otherwise.

View PostHomer_J, on 07 June 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Maus with 20% more health, that's what the game needs.:P

5 Man Maus platoon with these things.

That's 18,000 HP walking around. Even more if it was the PC buffed Maus.

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 June 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

Well... console is built up differently vs PC. Crew skills to name one. As they even have one to extend drown time. I can see it kinda working there. Much as it works on BB's on world of warships. Why? Well on WOWS and WOT Console, you can see tracers from unspotted tanks and ships. Inc arty. Even more so during night battles, as you can see their origin, and thus blind fire more effectively.

You can certainly blind fire more effectively, but it isn't typically that big of a thing and even with tracers, you can sit completely still and the enemy wont figure out where you are.

I got to farm an O-Ni for all his HP in my ARL V39 and the poor bugger never even shot back at me, despite looking directly at the one bush in the entire area that this TD shooting him for 330 damage could be in.

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 June 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

So on average, you waste more HP then you should have on console I feel on most of the battles vs PC. So they need it. Here on PC. Nope. I can see one or two upsides to it. But 99 downsides. Then again console is a few buffs behind PC usually. So I know some don't have the same HP buff some here have. Like the Maus. And thus it's even more stupid.

From my perspective, you don't really 'waste more HP', there's more avenues for you to trade unnecessary damage but it's still possible to do so without it. I am curious why you feel it is needed on Console due to that but not PC.

View PostClarrissa_the_Third, on 07 June 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

having more HP is a good thing for the lowly noobs, as they cant die so quickly, however it benefits those with more HP than everyone else

The general populace of the Console forums thinks differently.

They think most new players, that which the Consumables have been designed for wont be capable of getting any use out of it, as while they wont die as quickly they'll still die about 10 seconds later, if they even get to heal at all.

Whereas the 'good' players will get the most use out of it, alongside anyone who's in a Heavy with stupid enough amounts of HP for it to make a difference and the armour to bounce shots while the HP regens.

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14289 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

This is not a bad idea per se.

But instead of giving tanks just more HP, these should be limited: we wouldn't want a Pz. VIII regaining health after taking the dump of a few TDs.

So:

• Patch kits could only be used at or below 25% of MAX HP
  • Patch kits would only recover 10% of MAX HP

As an example to this:

Imagine a Maus getting shot by 2000HP. If the driver used the patch kit to recover, say 10%, they would recover 300HP to get 2300HP. 300HP is pretty much any Tier VIII or IX shot. We wouldn't want that right?

Instead, that Maus, in order to use it, would have to go down to below 300HP where then he/she could use it for another restore it. If he/she had 150HP, then they would only recover another 150HP to top off the 300 HP as, that would make the 105 (and hence MAX HP).

This would make it less "c4ncerous", like some players like to say, and actually use it. I like the idea.

Kuraikage #11 Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 985 battles

Going to bring an update unto this matter.

"Good thing about announcing the test early, however mis-messaged it was, is it also allows for feedback on possible issues as well as player sentiment.  The concerns about Medals of Excellence and Ace Tanker medals, etc were quite valid and not easy to account for with Patch Kit testing.  So thanks for the feedback on that and all the rest.  

Since the original point of the test was to try out something new and have fun those two reasons alone are enough to cancel it.  No fun = No test

Thanks again Tankers."

From the looks of things, WG have decided they will scrap the idea, for now at least and they may bring it back for special events with unique game modes such as Lunar or TOG Boat.

It must feel bad to have one of your ideas taken so badly by the community that you eventually have to call it off, 2 days before the event was even supposed to happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users