Your New matchmaking is nothing but a total failure.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

hedi2222 #1 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30462 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
*Edited post for more constructive criticism based on peoples' opinions*

The new matchmaking has raised us even more issues than before , Even though it has fixed some.
Mainly , the "perfect template" claim by WG of 3-5-7 is the biggest issue : 1) 3 top tiers , means the majority of time they'll depict the course of the battle. Not only due to the tanks chosen but in being total scrubs or not. Which means some games in certain maps can be seen as direct losses. Adding to it the new appearing issue ( which honestly was there even before but wasn't as clear as it is today ) of unbalanced HTs vs MTs which is depened by the 357 code.
besides that  , seeing the division of tiers , you can tell that you'll be lower tier more than often ,  simple maths theoritically  show that 7 out of 15 times you're lower tier. but thats fine , you have those 7 low tiers on the enemy team to fight right ? wrong. Like i said , the top tier tanks will be the ones leading the charge , they wont be leaving you alone. and it wont be fun. 

now to the real problem , Tier 8 matchmaking. Next to tier 10 its the most active tier. hence why when the MM tries to force the perfect template , you get 7 out of 10 times  the 357 and you being the lower tier. Its just a pain to play tier 8 now. Been playing only tier 8 lately and taking notes on every match i played. Tier 8 is the most forgiving around ranked battles time. but still on normal time you'll be lower tier most of the time. and if you land in the 357 as a top tier by some miracle you have to face those amazingly balanced tanks ( patriot , defender , lorr40t , fochvagon ) So its getting less and less fun .
Now to the one that annoyed me most , Platoon matchmaking , Never ever will you be top tier while playing in a platoon , same tier games are scarce , and landing mid tier in 357 is a miracle in of its own... Most people only find fun playing in a platoon but this has given us a big Edited you in the face... thus i chose to go mostly solo lately to increase my sad chances of doing good in a game.
this matchmaking is very deeply flawed , it has fixed some issues , but created evenly annoying ones that deserve to be looked into. tier 8 MM is a mess. 3-5-7 isnt the way to go. platoons require some love.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 15 June 2017 - 11:37 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

hedi2222 #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30462 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
I'll suppose that the lack of replies is a sign of agreement

NiemandXL #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:12 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles
Tier 8 MM is so bad these days that WG will have to do something because it is going to hurt premium tank sales. And to punish people for playing with friends with even worse matchmaking might just be the most dumb thing Wargaming has ever done and that is really saying something.

JuliusCheddar #4 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29821 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN

Tbh I'm kinda surprised they didn't fix it yet at the cost of some other tier. 

Premiums gotta sell huh? 

NervosCuNervii #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T

The new 3/5/7 system isn't too bad. I mean I'm kinda neutral about it but it sucks occasionally as the matchmaker has Heavy=Medium rule and thus one team can have more heavies than the other. For tiers up to 7 isn't that bad but in 8-10 it's a bummer.

The deal breaker for me is one of the platoon rules in which you are matched in the 5 and 7 slots a bit too much. In tier 9 tanks it's not that bad (no tier 11) :teethhappy: but in the current form it actively discourages platooting.

I was grinding several tanks (tier 5 swedish medium, Ikea 65 tier 6, IS-3, AMX AC48) and thus was platooning as it made it a bit more fun and being top tier was a rare occasion.

Unfortunately, I don't think our issues are with the matchmaker itself but instead we are shown the real lack of balance in the game. Call it WG shooting themselves in the foor with this unfortunate side effect. :P

MrClark56 #6 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6097 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

the reality right now is that Tier 8 is in a really bad spot... my T69 is suffering because the best it can get is full tier 8 games.. and those suck hard when you are not a defender/patriot/chrysler/liberté/superheavy with great armor.

thank god there is tier 5-6-7 to play..  but yeah i prefered previous MM as well..(even if i whined about it)

adameitas #7 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63329 battles

well i think new MM just needs some polishing.

atm we have 3 problems:

1) t8. In new system 3 t10 (that are played a lot) often needs 7 t8. So bc of 3 t10 that want to have good game 7 t8 players must suffer. And t8 is one of main tiers in game bc of t8 prems. I see only one solution here to fix mm and make it create more one tier t10 games. I believe it might hurt t6 but again t8 is more important imo also wg might fix mm here too and create more one tier t8 games.

2) t10. Again it is one of 2 mains tiers. Atm we have a lot one tier t10 games already and to try to fix t8 (see above) there will be even more such types of battles. It is problem since t12 mm really hurts average players, many of them really strugles perform in t10 even vs t8 and fighting vs only t10 is just hell for them, also it is really hurting teams balance. Sadly i dont c fix here (not hurting t8 that i think is the most important tier in game) so i guess from now on t10 must become highest league where only the strongest survives.

3) 3x platooning. Atm 3x platooning in lower then t10 are really disappionting. bc of 3x top tier mm it is extreme hard to become top tiers in 3x platoon.. On the other hand if u luckyly become top tier u break balance since your affect to final result of game becomes too high.. I see posible fix here as making 5-3-7 (along 3-5-7) mm but again it is hard to say how would it affect balance and for sure it would hurt botton tiers.

all in all i must say i didnt notice much difference in mm balance after 9.18. Sure t-10 became much harder and less balanced on the other hand all those games when u are one of 3 top tiers are really fun. Also now we have one really new thing - one tier games it is really new stuff that i personally kinda like.

Suurpolskija #8 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I guess more tier7 premiums that are straight repaints of tier X vehicles would help the Tier8 MM. :) 

Other than that, you can either not care of the MM, iirc you always faced 10's when playing eights. Or you can platoon tier9 or 10. 

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

I think best solution is to scrap the whole template system. Reintroduce tank weight system.
But balance number of top tiers aswell as mediums/heavies/TDs/Lights/arta as top tiers while the lower tiered allows for more discrepencie in tank classes (except LT). And arty capped at one of course.

Then also introduce a trycker which makes you be top/mid/buttom tier roughly same amount of times by simply using a moving average.

If you top tier you get 2 point, if you are mid you remove 1 point and buttom tier remove 2 point.

Then Mm tries to make every player having this moving average getting as close to 0 as possible.

Or something like that.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 09 June 2017 - 08:44 AM.

Dragonlordcv #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23980 battles

View Posthedi2222, on 08 June 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Many of you might not agree. But honestly :
3 top tiers in the "perfect template" , as if having total pancakes in your team is not enough of an insult and an auto loss , add to it the rather too Common issue of top tier HTs vs MTs recking your team in corridor maps.
Now , the thing that triggers me the most , is the fact that this game sucks, And i only play it for platoons with friends , and what do we get ? a Big F**K you in the face for playing in platoons , Have fun playing tier 8 tanks Or your shifty tier 8 prems , all you'll meet is tier 9s and 10s ! Good luck fighting tanks your own tier on that match ( since thats what WG intended ya know ) Since you'll be having to go through the big tanks first!

the last MM wasnt perfect , but at least it wasn't retarded. it didn't create as often such imbalanced auto losses. Add to it the LT infestation and being low tier more often than ever. WG has outdone themselves with this move.

You took quite a lot time to realise mate.... Community wanted changes and WG "brains" :trollface: made them. Only when the unhappy players will stop giving money to WG will make them think twice before they ruin the game more. BUT since there are still ppl stating that "ahh stupid game idiot changes" and still paying for premium time and tanks,  things will become only worse. :medal:

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 09 June 2017 - 11:30 AM.

NiemandXL #11 Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostMrClark56, on 09 June 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

but yeah i prefered previous MM as well..(even if i whined about it)

Yeah, I complained about the old MM as well. Back then I had no idea how much worse things could get^^

hedi2222 #12 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30462 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Glad to see many people share the same thought , even if some phrased it better than i do. Tank weight would be a better idea. as well all know a T32 doesnt perform as good as a defender , yet we still see them fighting each as if they're the same power. Many things need to be relooked into in all honesty. have only had 1 top tier game in my STA-2 since i bought , JUST ONE ! and i've played the tank for 50 or so battles.. its saddening

Zoltan1251 #13 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11079 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
Edited?.... new MM is miles better than the old one.... what do you want?... to play only same tier battles?.... or to be top tier all the time?.... this is ridiculous

View Postadameitas, on 09 June 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

well i think new MM just needs some polishing.

atm we have 3 problems:

1) t8. In new system 3 t10 (that are played a lot) often needs 7 t8. So bc of 3 t10 that want to have good game 7 t8 players must suffer. And t8 is one of main tiers in game bc of t8 prems. I see only one solution here to fix mm and make it create more one tier t10 games. I believe it might hurt t6 but again t8 is more important imo also wg might fix mm here too and create more one tier t8 games.

2) t10. Again it is one of 2 mains tiers. Atm we have a lot one tier t10 games already and to try to fix t8 (see above) there will be even more such types of battles. It is problem since t12 mm really hurts average players, many of them really strugles perform in t10 even vs t8 and fighting vs only t10 is just hell for them, also it is really hurting teams balance. Sadly i dont c fix here (not hurting t8 that i think is the most important tier in game) so i guess from now on t10 must become highest league where only the strongest survives.

3) 3x platooning. Atm 3x platooning in lower then t10 are really disappionting. bc of 3x top tier mm it is extreme hard to become top tiers in 3x platoon.. On the other hand if u luckyly become top tier u break balance since your affect to final result of game becomes too high.. I see posible fix here as making 5-3-7 (along 3-5-7) mm but again it is hard to say how would it affect balance and for sure it would hurt botton tiers.

all in all i must say i didnt notice much difference in mm balance after 9.18. Sure t-10 became much harder and less balanced on the other hand all those games when u are one of 3 top tiers are really fun. Also now we have one really new thing - one tier games it is really new stuff that i personally kinda like.

this is exactly right.... OP just wants to break the game by being top tier in platoon (my suggestion is to pick tier 10).... MM is now in good condition, there is no difference in number of steam rolls, its just individual experience... yesterday i won 2 games and lost 13, turned off pc, turned in back on and got 8 win and 1 loss...

what OP and many of you are describing is simply human perception.... when you dont get one bottom tier one top tier battle after each other you blame MM... you have to realize that you only hit 50/50 after many many games... sometimes you are bottom tier in 8 battles out of 10, sometimes you are top tier 4 times in a row but you dont recognize that because you have a good time.... 

we are having threads like this since the game started and it wont go away but we have good MM now and you have to simply realize that.... 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 15 June 2017 - 11:39 AM.

iztok #14 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 09 June 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

what OP and many of you are describing is simply human perception....

Exactly! Start making notes, as I'm doing for a week with my ScorpG. Here are current results:

10-9-8 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++    
9-8    +++++++++++++++++++++++
9-8-7  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
8      ++++++
8-7    +++
8-7-6  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BR,  Iztok

Jigabachi #15 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posthedi2222, on 08 June 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Many of you might not agree. But honestly :
3 top tiers in the "perfect template" , as if having total pancakes in your team is not enough of an insult and an auto loss , add to it the rather too Common issue of top tier HTs vs MTs recking your team in corridor maps.

Aaaaand... what was it like BEFORE the update?

- Completely missmatched tankclasses

- Three bottomtiers being nothing but cannonfodder for the ten toptiers in every team

Does that ring a bell?

I agree that tVIII is a total mess right now, but not necessarily because of the MM. Mostly because of the fubar gamebalance. But apart from that, the new MM is a MASSIVE improvement. Now you have MUCH better chances to contribute in general, even though there is more "tactical weight" (no idea how to call it) on your three toptiers now. The number of matches that are already lost before they started got reduced by... a lot.

Edited by Jigabachi, 09 June 2017 - 05:56 PM.

NiemandXL #16 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 09 June 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

what do you want?... to play only same tier battles?.... or to be top tier all the time?....

What I want is not to be bottom tier almost all the time. When playing tier 8 is has become so bad that I'm happy when I only have to face tier 9's. In my last 30 or so games playing different tier 8 tanks I saw tier 6 tanks maybe once. I do not ask to be top tier all the time but there should be at least some resemblance of balance between games you are on the bottom and games you are at the top of the food chain. I really pity those people that are playing tier 8 tanks with barely 200 or even less pen.

And don't come me with that "but there are also tier 8's on the other side so you can just fight them nonsense". A lot of maps in this games are just 2 corridors and you usually have to get through the higher tiers first before you can fight the small fry. So when your top tiers having a day off being useless on the beach or some other pointless position you are basically screwed.

Edited by NiemandXL, 09 June 2017 - 06:10 PM.

hedi2222 #17 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30462 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostZoltan1251, on 09 June 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Edited?.... new MM is miles better than the old one.... what do you want?... to play only same tier battles?.... or to be top tier all the time?.... this is ridiculous

i Just dont want to press 2 from the second the game starts :) Balance is what i demand 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 15 June 2017 - 11:40 AM.

Zoltan1251 #18 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11079 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostNiemandXL, on 09 June 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

What I want is not to be bottom tier almost all the time. When playing tier 8 is has become so bad that I'm happy when I only have to face tier 9's. In my last 30 or so games playing different tier 8 tanks I saw tier 6 tanks maybe once. I do not ask to be top tier all the time but there should be at least some resemblance of balance between games you are on the bottom and games you are at the top of the food chain. I really pity those people that are playing tier 8 tanks with barely 200 or even less pen.

And don't come me with that "but there are also tier 8's on the other side so you can just fight them nonsense". A lot of maps in this games are just 2 corridors and you usually have to get through the higher tiers first before you can fight the small fry. So when your top tiers having a day off being useless on the beach or some other pointless position you are basically screwed.

like i said... you are having 50/50 of being top and bottom tier... only thing is that you notice only bad games so you think you are having 90% bottom tier and its not true... argue however you want.... the thing is tiers 8-10 are the most played, so just get tier 10 and run around being happy murdering tier 8s or you have to somehow get people to play more tier 6.... 

hedi2222 #19 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30462 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostZoltan1251, on 09 June 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

like i said... you are having 50/50 of being top and bottom tier... only thing is that you notice only bad games so you think you are having 90% bottom tier and its not true... argue however you want.... the thing is tiers 8-10 are the most played, so just get tier 10 and run around being happy murdering tier 8s or you have to somehow get people to play more tier 6.... 

we're not Blind Edited , I'll go play 10 Games in my tier 8s later , SOLO , and i'll write down the results just to prove you wrong.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 15 June 2017 - 11:40 AM.

NiemandXL #20 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostZoltan1251, on 09 June 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

like i said... you are having 50/50 of being top and bottom tier...

No, I certainly don't have a 50/50 split. When counting the games I have to fight tier 10's vs games I got to see tier 6 tanks it's maybe 10/90 at best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users