Jump to content


T-80: good or bad?

T-80

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

CamperKaempfer #1 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22764 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017
the t.70 was formidable. excellent penetration and frontal armour and excellent hulll traverse to keep the frontal armour facing the right way. for such good armour, the speed was also great. but its successor doesn't seem to have much over it, while being a whole tier higher, eveything is exactly th same except for gun handling and depression, not to mention "default" increases in stats such as view-range and hit-points. so what do you think? does it carry its weight at tier 4. i often feel it wouldn't make much of a difference if i were playing the T-70 instead in the same matchmaking

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 15542 battles
  • 25,662
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
It's just gonna be your typical Tier IV. Which is to say, it isn't a Matilda, so it's pretty ****. :P

CamperKaempfer #3 Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22764 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 08 June 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

It's just gonna be your typical Tier IV. Which is to say, it isn't a Matilda, so it's pretty ****. :P

 

yes, it's very pretty

Balc0ra #4 Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64364 battles
  • 15,425
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 08 June 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

so what do you think? does it carry its weight at tier 4.

 

No. It's a fun little bugger sure. But it has the exact same gun as the T-70. Same pen, same alpha, different name. Great on tier III. Not that good on tier IV vs most + targets.

lafeel #5 Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 June 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

 

No. It's a fun little bugger sure. But it has the exact same gun as the T-70. Same pen, same alpha, different name. Great on tier III. Not that good on tier IV vs most + targets.

 

Actually aims a bit faster to be fair.

250swb #6 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21699 battles
  • 4,863
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
Not nearly as good as the T-70 which is a very special tank. I think you will be disappointed, the T-80 isn't outright rubbish and can still perform, but it can't do the miracles the T-70 could.

CamperKaempfer #7 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22764 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postlafeel, on 08 June 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

 

Actually aims a bit faster to be fair.

 

i did mention that

Steeleye_Spam #8 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27702 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    08-31-2014
perfectly fine TIV.  as others said, not as good as T70, but T70 is great.

lafeel #9 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011
To be perfectly honest though, I'd reccomend the A-20 over the T-80 now.

CamperKaempfer #10 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22764 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Post250swb, on 08 June 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

Not nearly as good as the T-70 which is a very special tank. I think you will be disappointed, the T-80 isn't outright rubbish and can still perform, but it can't do the miracles the T-70 could.

 

i see

Shivva #11 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29634 battles
  • 1,955
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012
Thumbs up from me for the T-80, I found it to be right good fun.

antoine130 #12 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5237 battles
  • 436
  • [TAHA] TAHA
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012
It's better than AMX 38 tier for tier, so you should be good.

CamperKaempfer #13 Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22764 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postlafeel, on 08 June 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

To be perfectly honest though, I'd reccomend the A-20 over the T-80 now.

 

so some people keep tier 4 tanks?

lafeel #14 Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 08 June 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

 

so some people keep tier 4 tanks?

 

To be fair I never drove the A-20 in the first place. I got my T-34 through the sane route, through the T-80 (sane, at the time, the others had scout mm)

captainpigg #15 Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30949 battles
  • 802
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 08 June 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

It's just gonna be your typical Tier IV. Which is to say, it isn't a Matilda, so it's pretty ****. :P

 

Or a Luchs.

 

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 08 June 2017 - 09:03 PM, said:

 

so some people keep tier 4 tanks?

 

Yup.



PowJay #16 Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34938 battles
  • 4,089
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

Despite doing quite badly in the T-60 and T-70, I started out well in the T-80: maintaining a purple Wn8 for quite a reasonable number of battles. At the end of the day, it was just another tier IV tank (which has the most negative WRs vs tanks played for me) and a light tank at that. After watching the WR eventually fall, I decided to sell it. I don't think I'd rush to buy it back as it still sees tier VI.
 

I was thinking earlier about whether I might give a tier III another try now that they don't see tier V, but I didn't consider the T-70. This is why, I guess.


 


 

As for keeping low tiers, I now have no tier I, ONLY Premium gift tier II tanks and three tier III (BT-7 Arty, Marder II and SU-76M). At tier IV, however, I have the Marder 38T, Alecto, Ke-Ho, Type-95 heavy, St Vz 39, Hetzer and the SU-85B. I also have the Pz B2.



CamperKaempfer #17 Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22764 battles
  • 369
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postlafeel, on 08 June 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

 

To be fair I never drove the A-20 in the first place. I got my T-34 through the sane route, through the T-80 (sane, at the time, the others had scout mm)

 

so you'd recommend the whole line. i went through both the t 80 line and hte t 50 line which led to the same tier 5 (don't remember which). i only cared about the next or next two tanks when picking a line. indeed i merely picked tanks instead of lines. the scout matchmaking was hell and i didn't know it was a thing so i kept on swearing for constantly ending up against tier 7. i dind't knwo what scouting was back then

lafeel #18 Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:42 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostCamperKaempfer, on 08 June 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

 

so you'd recommend the whole line. i went through both the t 80 line and hte t 50 line which led to the same tier 5 (don't remember which). i only cared about the next or next two tanks when picking a line. indeed i merely picked tanks instead of lines. the scout matchmaking was hell and i didn't know it was a thing so i kept on swearing for constantly ending up against tier 7. i dind't knwo what scouting was back then

 

Could be worse, you could have been seeing tier 8 games, like some of us had to suffer through. <.<

Hedgehog1963 #19 Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:31 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 50878 battles
  • 7,356
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
I've been playing this a good while trying to post an "M" and I find it slow, poorly armoured but that the gun is adequate.  Not a keeper when I'm done.

arjun69 #20 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 92379 battles
  • 782
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012

i have 60% wins in mine.

i use it as russian crewtrainer so have mostly bad crews in it.

i use it depending on tier as a scout (bottom tier) or flanker (top tier)







Also tagged with T-80

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users