Jump to content


Ping spikes makes game unplayable

Ping Spike Lag Server

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Brawling_Drunkard #1 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9120 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

This is an issue that has been getting steadily worse since the implementation of the last 2 patches. It has got so bad now that the game is actually unplayable.

I'm talking about the erratic ping I (and many others) encounter during battles. I get this on both EU servers. For no apparent reason, the ping will shoot up to

around 200-250, bounce up and down toward the 500  mark, and quite often bury the needle at 999. Game turns into the worse stop frame animation imaginable,

and is utterly unplayable.I've checked my hardware, I've tested my connection, I've even altered my graphics. I've found no faults and the number of others experiencing

it strongly suggests the problem is at your end. Please can this be resolved soon?



GoldWampe #2 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15850 battles
  • 10
  • [B-S-F] B-S-F
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
my ping usually settles between 15 to 25ms. I dont experience steadily increasing problems like that.

Brawling_Drunkard #3 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9120 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011

View PostKawaii_Tanker, on 08 June 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

my ping usually settles between 15 to 25ms. I dont experience steadily increasing problems like that.

Mine used to be the same - but since 9.18, these problems.
Could be coincidence, maybe something between here and there, but I can't find anything my end.



Homer_J #4 Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBrawling_Drunkard, on 08 June 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

 I've tested my connection, 

 

How did you test it?

 

You need to run pingplotter or something equally detailed (tracert isn't good enough) to login.p1.worldoftanks.eu or login.p2.worldoftanks.eu depending on which server you have problems with.  And leave it running while you are having lag problems.  Then save the trace as an image and post it.



Costy__ #5 Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 39140 battles
  • 6
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
  • Member since:
    05-13-2012
i have the same problem too, i play from north america on EU servers, i used to have around 120 ping, wich it was ok to play, but since last update, 9.19 i got spikes that reached till 4-500 ms

Edited by Costy__, 08 June 2017 - 11:04 PM.


Baldrickk #6 Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29077 battles
  • 12,904
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
Yay, I get to post this link again!
/s

https://eu.wargaming.../kb/articles/50

Edited by Baldrickk, 08 June 2017 - 11:35 PM.


Thrael7 #7 Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22918 battles
  • 1,844
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

The way to avoid blaming WG for erratic connection to the servers, is by admitting it's your own fault.

Works everytime...



IncandescentGerbil #8 Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35597 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
I had eratic ping problems that I eventually traced to game mode being active on Windows / Antivirus software. Turned both off and in my case at least the problem was cured. Ironically enough.

FsAviX #9 Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25099 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013
my ping is a steady 30 in wot, but recently i have been getting massive 500+ spikes pretty much once or twice every match. wg really needs to fix their servers, or switch the hamsters

malachi6 #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:59 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 48655 battles
  • 3,092
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Good thing is.  I am not good enough to notice the short, small, spikes.  Lose some ability and all will be well.

Edited by malachi6, 09 June 2017 - 02:08 PM.


Sporting7 #11 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16071 battles
  • 24
  • [PCTAC] PCTAC
  • Member since:
    08-10-2011

Same here , i used play with 35 fps  and 90  ping (  was ok for me )

now its impossible sometimes ping goes to 600   but frezzes for seconds 

If was realy ( 600 ms  was almost half a second )  i sure its very more ,  and all after 2  updates 

before those updates i could play , now its impossible...


Edited by Sporting7, 22 October 2017 - 11:18 PM.


Aikl #12 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,050
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostSporting7, on 22 October 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Same here , i used play with 35 fps  and 90  ping (  was ok for me )

now its impossible sometimes ping goes to 600   but frezzes for seconds 

If was realy ( 600 ms  was almost half a second )  i sure its very more ,  and all after 2  updates 

before those updates i could play , now its impossible...

 

Does it help to whine on the forums, since you're obviously not interested in finding the source of the problem?

 

Seriously, you've dug up a thread from June that you didn't even read - like every lag complaint there's no Pingplotter screenshot to be found. I've seen one where Wargaming was the culprit so far. It's been quite a while since there was issues where the problem actually was Wargaming's (arguably questionable) infrastructure.



Derethim #13 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16434 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

Well, to disagree with everyone and make people mad, the connection to WG servers DID get worse since 9.18.

Post pingplotter links all you want. This is about 15th post about it since 9.18. These were rare before.



Balc0ra #14 Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62883 battles
  • 14,470
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDerethim, on 22 October 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

Well, to disagree with everyone and make people mad, the connection to WG servers DID get worse since 9.18.

Post pingplotter links all you want. This is about 15th post about it since 9.18. These were rare before.

 

And yet, those ping plotter reports all show the same thing, it's the middle trace between your router and the WG server that causes it. The thing is that even tho we all trace the same server, the trace list differs from player to player based on location and ISP. Thus it's not the same for everyone, and not that many that notice it.

 

I've never had such issues the past 2 years, or since 9.18. But 3 ish years ago I had a few months where it was unplayable for me. Others reported the same. Common theme was that we were all Scandinavians. And all had the same server we did stop by in Denmark before it did enter German owned servers. Once that server died, it was all fine again.



Aikl #15 Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,050
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 October 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

 

And yet, those ping plotter reports all show the same thing, it's the middle trace between your router and the WG server that causes it. The thing is that even tho we all trace the same server, the trace list differs from player to player based on location and ISP. Thus it's not the same for everyone, and not that many that notice it.

 

I've never had such issues the past 2 years, or since 9.18. But 3 ish years ago I had a few months where it was unplayable for me. Others reported the same. Common theme was that we were all Scandinavians. And all had the same server we did stop by in Denmark before it did enter German owned servers. Once that server died, it was all fine again.

 

Yup. It can even change over time. Back in 2014 I had the pleasure of experiencing how a 'level3'-owned node messed up all traffic to EU2 for a period of time. Nowadays my traffic gets routed through Sweden, which makes the connection terrible. Hence why EU1 works much better - despite EU2 traditionally having lower ping (it's a bit closer).



Sporting7 #16 Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16071 battles
  • 24
  • [PCTAC] PCTAC
  • Member since:
    08-10-2011

Same problem here ,  horrible ping 

and no  solution , its frustrating ,  bought some tanks for noghting , i can t  play most of times

so  damm unfair



Aikl #17 Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:32 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,050
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostSporting7, on 03 April 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Same problem here ,  horrible ping 

and no  solution , its frustrating ,  bought some tanks for noghting , i can t  play most of times

so  damm unfair

 

What is unfair is players with (potential) actual issues being drowned out by whiners that fail to provide any evidence that the issue is Wargaming's servers. It's a constant matter of crying 'wolf', to the point where I doubt the staff bothers listening, for good reasons.



HassenderZerhacker #18 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23559 battles
  • 1,970
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015
I have 225 ping, and that's rather good :-)

pecopad #19 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21412 battles
  • 726
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View PostAikl, on 03 April 2018 - 01:32 AM, said:

 

What is unfair is players with (potential) actual issues being drowned out by whiners that fail to provide any evidence that the issue is Wargaming's servers. It's a constant matter of crying 'wolf', to the point where I doubt the staff bothers listening, for good reasons.

 

LOL....you are really funny and a true WG fan...

 

WG server problem... which problem...



Aikl #20 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,050
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Postpecopad, on 03 April 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

 

LOL....you are really funny and a true WG fan...

 

WG server problem... which problem...

 

If you bothered to check, you'd realize that while I enjoy WoT, I rarely have much positive to say about Wargaming.

 

I'm guessing you're having problems as well, judging by your non-constructive post?

 

 







Also tagged with Ping, Spike, Lag, Server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users