Noobs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lolloz #1 Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 67914 battles
  • [NLTT] NLTT

As I have played some odd 60k games or so and gladly spent many Euros for my delight, I presume I can give some comments to WG & its community? ... I am considering to stop playing this game all together for the following reason: Only/So many total noobs/idiots in random games?...

1.) WG wants to make money, it is a business, we all know that!... Gather new players/most welcome! No?...

2.) ...

3.) ...

Instead of the 5 minute 'tutorial, please WG... set up a: 'Tutorial Server?'... Sick & tired of WN8 reds, botting around in higher tier tanks...

The brainy peeps among you can think of a solution...

My frustration, (and that of many other players from the first hour I presume ...) is of such a magnitude that one of my sayings these days is: 'I only started hating Mankind after playing WOT for 8 years'... ;-)

#ComedyRocks? 

Teravius #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18471 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH

That is a great idea but probably not going to happen... I feel you, its quite sad seeing E100's camping bush and other brave warriors suiciding in wide open...

Tutorial server is probably too much, but solid tutorial and explaining game mechanics should happen. Not in youtube and such as we see many ignore it as a source of knowledge. I'd be glad if they would introduce some kind of "gating", like needing 2k games or such to play tier 8 or something to stop newbies rush up the tiers...

Most important stuff should be general advices - differences of vehicle classes, explaining mechanics of bouncing, basic tactics and movement tricks like sidescraping and hull down. Like ancients were saying - "knowledge is power". Many could use it for overall improvement.

In heroes of the storm they reward finishing tutorials with in-game currency (gold coins). In WoT they can reward finishing it with pile of personal reserves so newbies can use it along with veterans. All would profit.

JuliusCheddar #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29804 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN

Why doesn't anyone care about old SirFoch's idea to get rid of bots presented in this video? https://youtu.be/t5bmtiOuJxY

What is so hard to implement there? 

Zhongze_Li #4 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8514 battles
My view in terms of why they find hard to attract new players is largely because of their non-existence tutorial and training. It's in no way systematic nor good enough. It's one of the area where big figures like QB does not mention but I believe this is equally important compare to all the other problems in WOT.

Spurtung #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:50 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63834 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostJuliusCheddar, on 09 June 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

Why doesn't anyone care about old SirFoch's idea to get rid of bots presented in this video? https://youtu.be/t5bmtiOuJxY

What is so hard to implement there? 

A special queue? With different xp earnings?

A bloody CAPTCHA every 10 battles or so, for everyone, would do the trick.

But, for the sake of training, being able to start a training room by yourself, with only you in the map is a start.

Edited by Spurtung, 09 June 2017 - 08:56 AM.

Also tagged with Noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users