Jump to content


Hidden arty buff in latest patch?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Nickthedevil #1 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21987 battles
  • 291
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014

Come on - first 20 games today - 3 arty in EVERY game.

 

I've been 1 shot in my Hellcat 4 times! Obviously only a feeling but the damage seems to be far more than usual.



Suurpolskija #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16610 battles
  • 1,191
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
I think arty always pretty much one shot open topped td's. Even after 9.18. When I played st.emil, a Hummel would pretty much shave 90% of my hp.

I haven't played tiers where I'd see hellcats or t67, but I pretty much one hit a skorpion with M53/55. 1000+ dmg on a direct hit.

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 18429 battles
  • 9,850
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
Hellcat has like no armor so don't be surprised about getting oneshot in it. Also since when is an increase in the amount of a tank type per game a buff?

Edited by Enforcer1975, 09 June 2017 - 08:11 AM.


Spurtung #4 Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60137 battles
  • 5,512
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostNickthedevil, on 09 June 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Come on - first 20 games today - 3 arty in EVERY game.

 

I've been 1 shot in my Hellcat 4 times! Obviously only a feeling but the damage seems to be far more than usual.

 

So...if everyone starts playing only TDs, does that mean that class was buffed? 

chiggy #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30612 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    07-17-2011
It must be wargamings fault that you died 4 times this way.....nothing to do with your positioning on the map at all or learning any of the arty safe zones on a map.

After 17K battles you should be better than this.

Arty probably needs a sixth nerf in the next patch to ensure its completely useless.

Edited by chiggy, 09 June 2017 - 01:40 PM.


dennez #6 Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16745 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013
I noticed this too.. No buff or anything, just a big increase of *edit* since the last week, just as i thought the amount of clickers was declining. Last night every game usually had 2/3 of them.

Edited by Jahrakajin, 13 June 2017 - 08:57 AM.
Please try not to refer to certain tank classes in such a way


Joggaman #7 Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22535 battles
  • 5,828
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Postdennez, on 09 June 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I noticed this too.. No buff or anything, just a big increase of  *edit* since the last week, just as i thought the amount of clickers was declining. Last night every game usually had 2/3 of them.

 

Karma is a bit**!:trollface:

Suurpolskija #8 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16610 battles
  • 1,191
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
I bet they're all grinding to join the ranked battles.

BP_OMowe #9 Posted 09 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24757 battles
  • 2,047
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View Postdennez, on 09 June 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I noticed this too.. No buff or anything, just a big increase of  *edit* since the last week, just as i thought the amount of clickers was declining. Last night every game usually had 2/3 of them.

 

Since patch 9.19, the only time I don't play arty is when going for missions...keeps the MT- and HT-*edit* in check :-p

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13249 battles
  • 606
  • [EL-G] EL-G
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

The new and improved arty a bane. WG thought that the changes would discourage players from playing it, problem is that now more and more people are realizing that the new arty is much more fun to play. The reason is that they don't have to enter a battle expecting to miss all their shots only to play 4-6 games like that in order to play that magic game were every shot lands on target and one-shots them. Now they can 10% chance to miss, 20% to land next to a tank and still do damage and stun them and 70% to hit dead-on.

 

Honestly I'd rather have arty to one-shot me and send me to garage than having to deal with the stun and the multiple critical hits.



RockyRoller #11 Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28287 battles
  • 1,134
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

SPGs could occasionally one shot after the nerf. Tier difference & armour weakness still seem to contribute to a kill, but the situation is reversed vs higher tier heavy armoured beasts where I've done 20 or lower damage on a direct hit.

 

My observation was SPGs are played less and when they are about they are put together, so you are more likely to see none than three.

 

I heard and then witnessed SPGs been played more like TD now than ever before, rolling around rocks, peeking over hillocks, sniping from bushes. You can nerf but they are still after YOU!


Edited by RockyRoller, 09 June 2017 - 11:25 PM.


Homer_J #12 Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,741
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

The first couple of sets of arty missions are now an easy way to make some credits since it's pretty much just stun a tank, stun two tanks, stun two tanks at once, stun a TD.....

 

And people need credits to play ranked battles.



WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14302 battles
  • 1,723
  • [RYNO] RYNO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostJoggaman, on 09 June 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

 

Karma is a bit**!:trollface:

 

I know right?? XD

 

View PostBP_OMowe, on 09 June 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

 

Since patch 9.19, the only time I don't play arty is when going for missions...keeps the MT- and HT-*edit* in check :-p

 

This makes me smile.

magkiln #14 Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21948 battles
  • 712
  • [EKKE] EKKE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015

View PostNickthedevil, on 09 June 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Come on - first 20 games today - 3 arty in EVERY game.

 

I've been 1 shot in my Hellcat 4 times! Obviously only a feeling but the damage seems to be far more than usual.

 

Direct hit on an opentopped tank destroyer is almost a guaranteed ammoracking. And with the increased accuracy the chance of a direct hit has improved. Bert the Avenger has become hilarious. You can actually aim for weakspots (engine deck, open turret etc.).

Best of all, you can measure your success by the number of people that contact you in the garage to inform you that they've reported you, sent in tickets etc. :trollface:



Pandabird #15 Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33973 battles
  • 4,517
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

-Arty is more accurate now

-Arty reloads faster now

 

-There's a ton of bs heavies in the game now, rest resort to russki meds

 

-the new mm makes sure you are just there to be fed to bigger tanks half of the time

 

-I refuse to spam premium ammo

 

 

bottom line

 

I rather play arty and annoy the living hell out of the defender than force myself into a tunnel to take it on frontally because there's no ways to flank it when there's another defender blocking the other end of the tunnel



jack_timber #16 Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31194 battles
  • 1,608
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
I play arty.
If a tank that's spotted sits there I will take a shot. If same tank is moving relatively fast then there's a 99% chance I can't hit it.
So there's the answer don't sit in the same spot keep moving, even backward and forward.
Simple

Junkie29 #17 Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 53717 battles
  • 270
  • Member since:
    05-29-2012

View Postjack_timber, on 10 June 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

I play arty.
If a tank that's spotted sits there I will take a shot. If same tank is moving relatively fast then there's a 99% chance I can't hit it.
So there's the answer don't sit in the same spot keep moving, even backward and forward.
Simple

 

You have obviously never been xvm focused...  Well i wish you that feeling, when clickers only wait for you to get spotted, even when they cant reach you they still fire at you and stun you... no mather what tier or tank you are...  

I_DiD_ #18 Posted 10 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1462 battles
  • 520
  • [PGGY] PGGY
  • Member since:
    04-13-2014

View PostJunkie29, on 10 June 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

 

You have obviously never been xvm focused...  Well i wish you that feeling, when clickers only wait for you to get spotted, even when they cant reach you they still fire at you and stun you... no mather what tier or tank you are...  

 

Now tell me who wan't to focus 4k personal rating player? Its waste of shells on such player cus they at the end kill them self.

 

Such players never know how is to be focused from those monkeys, and even how anoying this is.

 

yesterday i had one of such games. 2 higher tier in frond of me, and monkeys where shooting me






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users