• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

GentlemanDZ1991 #1 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34892 battles
  • [PXA] PXA

Hey everyone.

I wanted to talk about one of the recent premium tanks that we had not a long time ago. The IS3A. Which was sold in the last summer. 

This tank is in no way or shape a match to what we have these days. It doesn't even come close to any of the last prem tanks. Like Patrior. Liberte. Defender or Chrysler.. i mean its actually worse in every way.

Its a lot slower. Has a much worse armor which can be penetrated by anything it sees. And the strongest part of this tank which is the turret is not even that good because its not the IS3s turret and you have 5 degrees of gun depression which makes the turret useless at ridge lines. Its also flater on the sides which means that its not as effective. 

And now the worst part of this tank. The Gun. Its probably the worst gun on any heavy tank at tier 8. Worst accuracy. Worst aim time. Worst dispersion values on the move and stationery. And it fires apcr... what the hell war gaming. I payed as much money as people who bought the defender. Why am i not getting similar product value.. 

Oh wait i forgot. It has only 3 crew members which means you can't train crews on it. And when the commander gets knocked out. The reload time doubles. Its just a joke...

You need to do something about this tank. 

Edited by GentlemanDZ1991, 09 June 2017 - 04:03 PM.

Suurpolskija #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16443 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
This makes me happy, sad and angry at the same time! WG you must do something! :popcorn:

Hammerhead20 #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25252 battles
That's why you should keep your money or spend it for something else...

Edited by Hammerhead20, 09 June 2017 - 03:19 PM.

MeetriX #4 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18576 battles

It's for the crew training.

Oh wait...

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34159 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostGentlemanDZ1991, on 09 June 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Or maybe you need to spend your money wisely next time.

GentlemanDZ1991 #6 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34892 battles
  • [PXA] PXA

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 09 June 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Or maybe you need to spend your money wisely next time.

Back then all these tanks did not exist. There were no defenders. No patriotd no skorpoins. None of these tanks.

Edited by GentlemanDZ1991, 09 June 2017 - 03:17 PM.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #7 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8951 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3
Oh wait sir foch said its op lol..........

GentlemanDZ1991 #8 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34892 battles
  • [PXA] PXA

View PostMOSSAD_WATCHING, on 09 June 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Ask him to make a new review. This tank sucks now. You ever wondered why we never see them in randoms and even in strongholds. Because it doesn't stand a chance against today's Wot meta

kripton69 #9 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostMOSSAD_WATCHING, on 09 June 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

I remember first comparing its gun handling to IS-6 which has just about adequate gun handling to hit snap shots and I was shocked how much worse it was. Back then 112 was still trash primarily because it missed to many point blank snap shots yet IS-3A had it even worse. I think most people overhyped the tank because "it was an is-3 with better dpm and worse mobility" back then few people understood that gun handling is more than base accuracy and aiming time. It was also a period of time when people were still jerking off to DPM and overvaluing the stat greatly. Although I must say this is still a common problem. You see a lot of people praising DPM as a crucial stat even though it's less and less relevant every passing day and the game is more about snap shots or burst damage, meaning alpha or autoloader. There isn't a single practical situation in the game where a gun without high alpha or an autoloader gets anywhere near its theoretical DPM yet people still often judge a gun based on the training room potential. It's kind of sad tbh and IS-3A is a good example in comparison to IS-3 of how worthless DPM is as a stat and how much more important it is to make your shots count than it is to take many of them.

In all fairness though when IS-3A was released it was the best tier 8 premium heavy with normal matchmaking. It was and still is a good tank, it's just very unfun and tilt inducing to play because the gun is so unreliable and Defender is just a strict upgrade over it.

krazypenguin #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To answer your question, "What's the point of having this tank in the game?" - to make WG more money.

Remember, when it was released none of the newer premiums you list were in the game and the Lowe hadn't had its recent buffs.  So the king of tier 8, and particularly team battles, was undisputably the IS-3.  At the same time there were a lot of complaints about autoloaders so obviously someone at WG realised that a premium autoloading IS-3 would sell, even if it had some problems, eg the lack of a loader for crew training.  Do you play an IS-3 in TB?  Yes?  Then here is a premium version so you can get more credits.  Get it quick before we remove it from the shop, etc..

Basically, like all companies, WG rely heavily on the way many people are conditioned to immediately want something 'new', 'better' and with 'limited availability', without rationally thinking about it.  

Does it need a buff?  I don't know but even if it does there are definitely tanks that need attention before this tank...

Uebergewicht #11 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

The IS-3A is like a balanced version of the IS-3. Which means it probably was still good compared to the tier 8 heavies that were around when the IS-3A was released, but compared to the current tier 8 roster it´s absolute garbage - not to speak of the tier 10s it also has to face. And it´s not like you can get super much out of it with skillful play, not when it´s so slow and has such a bad gun. I´m looking to trade mine away for something cooler as soon as the trade in feature gets expanded.

At the very least, playing it makes me appreciate tanks with proper guns, like the regular IS-3 or the Löwe, much more.

kripton69 #12 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postkrazypenguin, on 09 June 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

Does it need a buff?

I think this highlights the most alarming part about the new premium philosophy. When compared to its peers IS-3A most definitely needs a buff, otherwise it's just a very bad Defender. On the other hand do we really want to buff tanks that still rank pretty high in the list of tier 8 tanks just because there's a similar, far more powerful tank available? No wonder why the power creep is getting out of hands when a tank that was the best premium heavy(and like 3rd best heavy of the tier tech tree tanks counted) with normal matchmaking is needing a buff a year and a half after it was released.

xtram3x #13 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30700 battles
I have the Obj.252 so I traded my IS-3A in the trade in event

Browarszky #14 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

IS-3A is a high tier version of BT-7 both of which you can play to the tune of 'Tri tankista'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNou9tsuBc&list=LLlXMo3g1JJNaT2TklLngp6w&index=61

:bajan:

Marlekin #15 Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33410 battles
  • [HOFF] HOFF

Actually..

The IS-3A was already argueably crap from the start as it has the same D25 gun as the IS tank, with even worse soft stats. I see nothing in the top post that wasnt already being said when this tank was just released. But should it be buffed because the new premium like the Defender and Chrysler are alot better?

I dont think so.

These new premiums, especially the Chysler, have caused the pay2win shitstorm and the Foch drama. WG already announced that the Defender wont be sold for for quite a while, aswell. I guess thats their way to admit its OP without actually saying its OP. And I really think these vehicles are a bad influence on todays game, as lower tier and even some same tier tanks cant even seem to hurt these tanks even if they were to spam premium ammo. These tanks increase the amount of premium ammo spam in our battles and can be very discouraging to players grinding up the tiers. Also, I think its vehicles like these that give the players that think WoT has become pay2win a valid point.

So I would rather see more premium like the IS-3A, rather than another Defender/Chrysler sale. 

GentlemanDZ1991 #16 Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34892 battles
  • [PXA] PXA
Its kinda sad. Wargaming messed up big time. Now to fix this and balance the game as much as its possible. They need to buff all the other tier8s. Because they can't nerf these tier 8 OP prem tanks. If they do they will be forced to refund. I don't know who's responsible for this. But damn how obvious does it have to be before you guys find out that its actually a bad idea...

Edited by GentlemanDZ1991, 09 June 2017 - 04:09 PM.

Enforcer1975 #17 Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 18309 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGentlemanDZ1991, on 09 June 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Its kinda sad. Wargaming messed up big time. Now to fix this and balance the game as much as its possible. They need to buff all the other tier8s. Because they can't nerf these tier 8 OP prem tanks. If they do they will be forced to refund. I don't know who's responsible for this. But damn how obvious does it have to be before you guys find out that its actually a bad idea...

No, they have to grow some balls and stop buffing tanks and instead balance all tanks together even if it means having to nerf premium tanks to not make them stand out too much. They hesitate when they need to make a move and rush ahead when they shouldn't ( see the latest rmb / mmb / autoaim disaster which was totally unnecessary ).

Isharial #18 Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGentlemanDZ1991, on 09 June 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Hey everyone.

I wanted to talk about one of the recent premium tanks that we had not a long time ago. The IS3A. Which was sold in the last summer.

This tank is in no way or shape a match to what we have these days. It doesn't even come close to any of the last prem tanks. Like Patrior. Liberte. Defender or Chrysler.. i mean its actually worse in every way.

Its a lot slower. Has a much worse armor which can be penetrated by anything it sees. And the strongest part of this tank which is the turret is not even that good because its not the IS3s turret and you have 5 degrees of gun depression which makes the turret useless at ridge lines. Its also flater on the sides which means that its not as effective.

And now the worst part of this tank. The Gun. Its probably the worst gun on any heavy tank at tier 8. Worst accuracy. Worst aim time. Worst dispersion values on the move and stationery. And it fires apcr... what the hell war gaming. I payed as much money as people who bought the defender. Why am i not getting similar product value..

Oh wait i forgot. It has only 3 crew members which means you can't train crews on it. And when the commander gets knocked out. The reload time doubles. Its just a joke...

you still have 220mm APCR, 270mm HEAT.. you could idk.. use it?

its still a potent heavy should you use it right

this is balanced, Chrysler, defender, patriot, skorp, they're not balanced and need nerfing

stop trying to get tanks buffed to the level of them, its just ruining the little balance left

Browarszky #19 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
I've said this before, but IMHO if they introduced tier based bolster it would lead to much more balanced game. Of course, it would make farming tanks two tiers below your own much much harder...

antoine130 #20 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4757 battles

IS3-A actually seems like a balanced premium, you get REALISTIC gun handling on it.

Want 390 alpha and 220+ pen? Sure, but you'll get crappy gunstats too.

You want 220+ pen and good gunstats? play the Caernarvon.

Want 390 alpha, good dispersion and 220+ pen? You're in the wrong tank class, buddy. Go play a borsig/skorpion

tl;dr IS3-A is what IS-3 would look if this weren't a Russian game

Edited by antoine130, 09 June 2017 - 06:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users