Jump to content


Alternative team damage system


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Floris123cool #1 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11476 battles
  • 39
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

Hello everyone,

 

Who doesn't hate it, getting shot in the back by a team member and receiving damage. It's very frustrating when the team member didn't even do it on purpose and even more annoying when the team member did it because he hates you for some reason. Why don't we turn that around then? Wouldn't it be a way better idea to subtract the damage that a team member would have caused to you from his own hitpoints? If we create this kind of system no one will ever do team damage on purpose ever again, because they will only damage themselves, and allies will be way more careful when taking shots at an enemy while an other ally is nearby that enemy, because they risk damaging themselves. I think this will only bring benefits to world of tanks and make the game a lot less toxic.

 

Tell me what you think about this system and let me know if you know anything better,

Floris



rayway74 #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

    Private

  • Clan Commander
  • 31008 battles
  • 37
  • [NLBE-] NLBE-
  • Member since:
    08-04-2011

Teamkillers cant be allowed in the game I think.

 



YARABOYBO3 #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4012 battles
  • 1
  • [-NARF] -NARF
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015
You're right Floris!!!


0000David #4 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 61875 battles
  • 1
  • [DUAL] DUAL
  • Member since:
    02-10-2013

Hello friends of WOT,

 

I like this !!!

 

Greatings 0000David



123ferdi321 #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31990 battles
  • 273
  • [REBLS] REBLS
  • Member since:
    12-11-2011
Cant agree more

peekakilla #6 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9277 battles
  • 262
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
  • Member since:
    05-16-2016

this will be bad when the dmg caused is not on purpose.

 

lets say you are in the following situation;

 

-last survivors you and another tank in your team against 1 tank on the enemy, you are next to the enemy tank, and your teammaets is sniping, he hit you by mystake, and on the next shot he kill the enemy, you win the battle.

 

-with your system when he hit you he may kill himself and youll lose the chance to win.

 

the actual system work allright, if he is doing it on purpose after the first shot he can't shoot anymore or he will turn blue, then you or your team can kill him without getting banned



Jigabachi #7 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17753 battles
  • 17,672
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostFloris123cool, on 09 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be a way better idea to subtract the damage that a team member would have caused to you from his own hitpoints?

No.

And this is why:

 



Spurtung #8 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postpeekakilla, on 09 June 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

this will be bad when the dmg caused is not on purpose.

 

lets say you are in the following situation;

 

-last survivors you and another tank in your team against 1 tank on the enemy, you are next to the enemy tank, and your teammaets is sniping, he hit you by mystake, and on the next shot he kill the enemy, you win the battle.

 

-with your system when he hit you he may kill himself and youll lose the chance to win.

 

the actual system work allright, if he is doing it on purpose after the first shot he can't shoot anymore or he will turn blue, then you or your team can kill him without getting banned

 

What if he indeed kills himself then? Will only teach him not to take risky shots.

 

Because this punishes people doing team damage on purpose, but also those taking high risk shots not caring who is near, which also fits well with a common complaint against allied arties.



peekakilla #9 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9277 battles
  • 262
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
  • Member since:
    05-16-2016

View PostSpurtung, on 09 June 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

What if he indeed kills himself then? Will only teach him not to take risky shots.

 

Because this punishes people doing team damage on purpose, but also those taking high risk shots not caring who is near, which also fits well with a common complaint against allied arties.

 

sometimes happen a situation where is better to take a risky shot, and this system the OP is proposing will punish your team even more when the dmg is done not on purpose, immagine you shooting both lose hp, then the guy you shoot get mad at you he shoot back and again both lose hp, then an autoloader pop out and he eat both of you, anyway it will never happen im 100% the system will stay as it is

Edited by peekakilla, 09 June 2017 - 06:12 PM.


Spurtung #10 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postpeekakilla, on 09 June 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

 

sometimes happen a situation where is better to take a risky shot, and this system the OP is proposing will punish your team even more when the dmg is done not on purpose, immagine you shooting both lose hp, then the guy you shoot get mad at you he shoot back and again both lose hp, then an autoloader pop out and he eat both of you, anyway it will never happen im 100% the system will stay as it is

 

What he's suggesting doesn't make both lose HP...only the shooter

peekakilla #11 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9277 battles
  • 262
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
  • Member since:
    05-16-2016

View PostSpurtung, on 09 June 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

 

What he's suggesting doesn't make both lose HP...only the shooter

 

o well my bad, but not gonna happen anyway

 

trolls can just get more creative and do smt like this :trollface:

 



captainpigg #12 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30359 battles
  • 762
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View PostSpurtung, on 09 June 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

 

What he's suggesting doesn't make both lose HP...only the shooter

 

Your teammates in a tier 6 heavy and is a close quarter fight with a defender, for example. I'm in a low hp arty, we are the last two left alive, so what you're saying is I should let the defender kill my teammate and then me to win?

Spurtung #13 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postcaptainpigg, on 09 June 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

 

Your teammates in a tier 6 heavy and is a close quarter fight with a defender, for example. I'm in a low hp arty, we are the last two left alive, so what you're saying is I should let the defender kill my teammate and then me to win?

 

According to this suggestion, yes. Either shoot when you don't damage allies or not at all.

peekakilla #14 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9277 battles
  • 262
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
  • Member since:
    05-16-2016

View PostSpurtung, on 09 June 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

 

According to this suggestion, yes. Either shoot when you don't damage allies or not at all.

 

ib4 trolls sit infront of your TD, so that you can't shoot :trollface:

captainpigg #15 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30359 battles
  • 762
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
Well that's just stupid then.

AliceUnchained #16 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:41 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 37820 battles
  • 8,522
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostFloris123cool, on 09 June 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Who doesn't hate it, getting shot in the back by a team member and receiving damage & Wouldn't it be a way better idea to subtract the damage that a team member would have caused to you from his own hitpoints? 

 

Far more annoying are those blind runts driving in front of you as you're about to engage. Why on earth should I be punished because you lack any kind of awareness and/or deliberately force your way in front of me? I fail to see how your suggestion would bring any kind of benefit for me. If anything, those blind runts should be forced to refund the cost of the round I've just wasted because of them.

 



captainpigg #17 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30359 battles
  • 762
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
And also how could I then "motivate" scouts to spot on Prok/FS when I'm playing my ISU then? Telling them they have 15secs or so, to start spotting, ie time it take load an he shell, or else. It sometimes even works, and if not well :trollface:.

ortega456 #18 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 58086 battles
  • 954
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012
I would love to see all the trolling suiciders :trollface:

Strappster #19 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23628 battles
  • 8,792
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

This system is in place in Warboats. If you sink a team mate, you go pink (not blue) showing your team killer status. The number of battles you remain pink is shown in the battle results pages. Any team damage caused while you're pink is applied to your ship and the number of battles you will remain pink is extended by one. Any team damage caused to you while you're pink is your problem.

 

Seems to work quite effectively, though I think that's in part due to the larger distances involved in Warboats because nearly every shot you take has to be fired indirect so you can't troll someone by parking in front of their guns as they'll simply fire over you.



K_A #20 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13567 battles
  • 4,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostStrappster, on 09 June 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

This system is in place in Warboats. If you sink a team mate, you go pink (not blue) showing your team killer status. The number of battles you remain pink is shown in the battle results pages. Any team damage caused while you're pink is applied to your ship and the number of battles you will remain pink is extended by one. Any team damage caused to you while you're pink is your problem.

 

Seems to work quite effectively, though I think that's in part due to the larger distances involved in Warboats because nearly every shot you take has to be fired indirect so you can't troll someone by parking in front of their guns as they'll simply fire over you.

 

Yes, but in warboats the damage is inflicted upon you only after you turn pink (or blue, or whatever). I think OP is suggesting it inflicts upon your tank at all times, which is a tad too harsh imo. If it was the same as warboats, as in all damage done after one turns blue is inflicted on themselves, I'd be okay with it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users