• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Heinz_Mausberg #1 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18812 battles
  • [WIG_1] WIG_1

Hi,

as i have seen you'll need 16 total points to be able to play the last stage. What is unclear to me, will the people having less points be listed in the rankings at all or will they be excluded

until they managed to get 16 points?

That would then mean you'd need to have 4 points per stage on average in order to have a chance at any of those big prices?

mavihortlak #2 Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49211 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
Can you link your source. I did not read about "last stage" thing.

TankSchmidt #3 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 24380 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

WOW, just WOW - and you will see why a bit later. I read about this a couple of days ago and it was for me a reason not to invest too much into the ranked battles as I am just not good enough.

In detail, the "Ranked Battles Rules and Regulations" state the following:

Block Quote from https://worldoftanks...nd-regulations/

Rank Points

• 1 Rank Point is received for each promotion to the next personal rank.
  • 1 Rank Point is received for each promotion to the next vehicle rank.
  • Only the first promotions to distinct personal ranks / vehicle ranks grant points; no Rank Points are received for subsequent promotions to the same rank.

[...]

Season Leaders

• [...]
  • To hold a position in Season Leaders, players must accumulate the required number of points throughout the Beta Season.
  • The required number of points is specific to each given stage:
    • Stage 1: 2 points
    • Stage 2: 6 points
    • Stage 3: 10 points
    • Stage 4 (end of season): 16 points
  • Season Leaders are split into 4 leagues:
    • League I: first 10% of players
    • League II: next 15% of players
    • League III: next 25% of players
    • Players who did not enter any of the season leagues

There you go. It states you are required to have 16 rank points (i.e. rank 4 on average for each stage) at the end of stage 4 to make it to the leaderboard. OUT OF THOSE people with >=16 rank points the top 10%/25%/50% will receive the extra rewards.

It is certainly hard to predict how many rank points you need to make top 50%, but I would be rather sure that 16 is not enough, so you need to make rank 5 at least once. Anything more, at this stage (huehue dat pun), is just pure speculation.

Now to the WOW part.

If you tried to open the link that I posted above the quote, you will receive a 404 not found. So apparantly WG took down the page. It can still be found using google cache. Funny enough, it is still linked at least twice from this page announcing the launch of the ranked battles beta season: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-beta-season/

I am not sure if that means the minimum requirements are gone, i.e. "top 50%" means top 50% of all players with at least 1 rank point or if they are sneaky breeky preparing new/different rules or their webmaster just had a too much vodka. I tried other language versions as well (German in my case), but it was also 404 while before the page was reachable. So who knows what really happens?

Whatever the reason is, it looks a bit ... well #JustWGthings

Heinz_Mausberg #4 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18812 battles
  • [WIG_1] WIG_1

WoT ingame info: (press the little info button top)

https://picload.org/...meinfo.jpg.html

WoT website info:

https://picload.org/...teinfo.jpg.html

https://worldoftanks...nd-regulations/

Seems ingame info is different from website info as well. 

If the 16 point ENTRY requirement is true we are in for the biggest shitstorm WG has faced EVER . People investing so much credits/gold into those battles only to get a couple hundred bonds in the end

with NO CHANCE at all to get one of the big prices. WG needs to be more upfront about this and make sure the majority of players knows about this requirement, not hiding it behind 2 links at the bottom of a webpage or behind a little info icon ingame. It needs to be printed BOLD

edit: sorry for the adds popping up when opening the screenshots, first and last time i use that image host site

Edited by Heinz_Mausberg, 09 June 2017 - 06:49 PM.

TankSchmidt #5 Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 24380 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The link you posted to the rules and regulations is from NA, there the requirements seem lower.

For luls I just checked the Russian website: https://worldoftanks...nd-regulations/ Here also 16 points are required.

As I mentioned, what gets me off the most is that the webpage has been taken down for EU now.

And then obviously, WG is creating a set of rules that could not be more complicated and is not very precise about it in their communication.

LittleLILI #6 Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51375 battles
  • [FRITE] FRITE

Well .. I had to read 4 times the posts above, as I do not understand well the mechanics of this ranked season.

I just see what is called "stage" as a standalone competition, and not a marathon killing most evenings - i.e. real life prime time ! -...

DEFINITELY NOT my cup of tea. Even if I barely drink tea.

oh ... I have the feeling that this type of simili-mode, that asks you to be too dedicated, is going quickly to be boring for many of us ...

sigh.

oh well ... I heard that WG tests a new mode with huge maps (30 vs 30), and there is also this other mode (can't recall the name) where you must conquer 3 zones, step by step ...

Edited by LittleLILI, 09 June 2017 - 07:01 PM.

Pansenmann #7 Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33909 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I have only 2 questions:

since I made it to rank 3 somehow, will I receive those 300 bonds beginning next week?

Does anyone play AMX 50B in that ranked mode?

Heinz_Mausberg #8 Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18812 battles
  • [WIG_1] WIG_1

View PostPansenmann, on 10 June 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I have only 2 questions:

since I made it to rank 3 somehow, will I receive those 300 bonds beginning next week?

Does anyone play AMX 50B in that ranked mode?

1. Yea you'll get your 300 bonds after stage 1 finished on monday.

2. I barely saw the AMX 50B  in ranked battles, i guess people prefer medium autoloaders like batchat or tvp, those are seen commonly.

Edited by Heinz_Mausberg, 10 June 2017 - 01:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users