Unable to log in/Lost 2FA PLEASE HELP

2FA login lost account help

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

_heisenberg_blue #1 Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1074 battles
It's safe to say I'm getting really annoyed right now. Here is my problem, I am currently on a friends account due to the problem at hand. I set up 2 factor authentication on my main account for more "safety", recently the phone was stolen so I have absolutely no access to it. Fine, right? I can log in or submit a ticket to get the 2FA removed, wrong. See, you need to be logged in to submit a ticket, which requires the 2FA so my account with 10k battles, 6+ premium is wasted as of now. I am starting to get really worried, I used this account I am on right now to contact wargaming asking them to contact my email connected to my main account, 11 hours later I logged back in to the "my tickets" to find "access denied, insufficient permissions to view this page." What the hell wargaming? I'm a loyal customer that purchases off of you regularly and this is how I am treated? They have no contact number and the only way to contact them is to submit a ticket. Could anybody help me out? Suggestions? They obviously don't believe it's me but what else can I do? :confused: I honestly feel like crying I'm that helpless right now. I can log into the game just not the website so I am unable to purchase premium account or post on the forums..

Homer_J #2 Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Contact the cellphone company, get a replacement SIM card, problem solved?

Looking at the instructions, did you remember your secret key?

Edited by Homer_J, 11 June 2017 - 03:59 AM.

_heisenberg_blue #3 Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1074 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 11 June 2017 - 03:53 AM, said:

Contact the cellphone company, get a replacement SIM card, problem solved?

A sim won't help, I don't think. It won't restore the apps and the 2FA for WG is google authentication, an app, they never directly contacted my telephone. 

_heisenberg_blue #4 Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1074 battles
Update, It clicked to me that I can use this account to gift myself goods. That's a relief, though I would appreciate anymore advice as I would like to get access to my own account obviously. 

Homer_J #5 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well looking at the instructions you just install the app and put your secret code in again.  The one it tells you to keep when you first activate it.

Other than that, go back to support.

Homer_J #6 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So, I used another web browser and went through the recover account procedure.  It takes you to an anonymous ticket submission form.

Try using that instead of submitting it from the account you are using.

Either use a web browser you are not logged in with, or make sure you are fully logged out first.

https://eu.wargaming...reate/anonymous

Edited by Homer_J, 11 June 2017 - 04:13 AM.

_heisenberg_blue #7 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1074 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 11 June 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

So, I used another web browser and went through the recover account procedure.  It takes you to an anonymous ticket submission form.

Try using that instead of submitting it from the account you are using.

Either use a web browser you are not logged in with, or make sure you are fully logged out first.

https://eu.wargaming...reate/anonymous

Thanks a lot for that. I couldn't find anything alike. Will update as I go through support

Homer_J #8 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_heisenberg_blue, on 11 June 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

Thanks a lot for that. I couldn't find anything alike. Will update as I go through support

Yeah, if you follow the lost authenticator it expects you logged in which is pretty stupid but if you take the other issues route you get to that page.

Spurtung #9 Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61032 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Also, check this:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/785

Witsdontlie #10 Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15388 battles

View Post_heisenberg_blue, on 11 June 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

It's safe to say I'm getting really annoyed right now. Here is my problem, I am currently on a friends account due to the problem at hand. I set up 2 factor authentication on my main account for more "safety", recently the phone was stolen so I have absolutely no access to it. Fine, right? I can log in or submit a ticket to get the 2FA removed, wrong. See, you need to be logged in to submit a ticket, which requires the 2FA so my account with 10k battles, 6+ premium is wasted as of now. I am starting to get really worried, I used this account I am on right now to contact wargaming asking them to contact my email connected to my main account, 11 hours later I logged back in to the "my tickets" to find "access denied, insufficient permissions to view this page." What the hell wargaming? I'm a loyal customer that purchases off of you regularly and this is how I am treated? They have no contact number and the only way to contact them is to submit a ticket. Could anybody help me out? Suggestions? They obviously don't believe it's me but what else can I do? :confused: I honestly feel like crying I'm that helpless right now. I can log into the game just not the website so I am unable to purchase premium account or post on the forums..

Ive had your issue on steam once forgetting my PW. I sent them my payment information (various receipts of purchased games and my billing details) and got new access data asap. 

Homer_J #11 Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpurtung, on 11 June 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

That's pretty unhelpful since it needs you to be logged in and to have access to the 2nd authentication method.

_heisenberg_blue #12 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1074 battles

Thanks to everyone for the replies, though a big thanks to Homer_J. The link he provided helped me contact support anonymously so they actually replied this time, first asking for a phone number which I provided then I recieved this six minutes later;

Hello Jay

Thank you for coming back to us with this information.

I have now unbound your two factor authentication and you should be able to log into the account without the need for it from now on.

If you wish to secure your account a little more, you can also add a new one, but please remember that this will stay bound to the program you have on your phone, so make sure not to uninstall it without removing the setting from your account ;).

Regarding your phone number, I also unbound it from the account, since having a phone number that you no longer have access to bound to your account is actually a security risk, since it stops you from making even a password change.

I hope all your issues regarding this matter are now solved and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours and on the battlefield.

If any other questions or issues arise, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Miguel Adaephon Delat

Thanks again to everyone who gave suggestions. The issue was resolved in 13 hours, though as soon as I revieved the first reply the replies were no longer than 5 minutes. Props to you Lukáš (support guy).

Spurtung #13 Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61032 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Just keep the phone number this time, and disable that 2nd one.

malachi6 #14 Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48919 battles
Wait, this guy just praised  WG support?   I call WG employee.  #fake news

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users