Ranked Battles - Toxic Gameplay resulting from unbalanced teams.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Achibot #1 Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

So after spending 2 evenings this week trying to actually win Chevrons I finally succumbed to the Darkside and decided to see if I would have more success farming them instead. No need to worry about winning, teammates are nothing but meatshields.

And so, in my first game (T57 Heavy) I saw we were in danger of being capped out at something like 8-2 up. I could have gone back and worked a decap long enough for my team to hoover up all the XP and come to help. However, I only have 1.5k damage at this point and I have traded damage potential to reach an advanced spot so I can cut off the retreat I know is coming. It does and I put 2 full clips into them as they flee. They would certainly have died whether I was there or not, but this way I got the majority of the XP, there was no other reason to go where I went. We lost by cap, not one player even tried to get back until the siren was already sounding, but I was second. Success?

Second game, it's clear from the start we cannot win. The map is Highway, their mediums are excellent and we have only 1 mediocre medium to try and counter them in the field. Naturally I should have supported that defence, the terrain there suits my tank and I could hold them off for quite some time perhaps. So naturally I drove in the opposite direction, parked safe in town until it was clear my dying comrades had sufficiently distracted them and I went and put 2 clips of HEAT in from the flank. Map control? What's that. Sneaky damage on tanks not relevant to anything. Such skill we are measuring. I mean really, look at this:

A competitive mode it surely is. The competition isn't about skill though. Major changes needed in how ranks are awarded because after 2 "successful" games in a row, for the first time, I feel worse than I did when I was losing. I'm literally playing to be the biggest arsehole I can imagine. There's no longer any doubt in my mind that the current system has created the most toxic meta of any online game I've ever played. And it will only get worse from here.

edit: Just played my third game of the day. It was hard to motivate myself to even click Battle. Favourable matchup this time so I stay with the heavy pack. We are trading so I move my autoloader forward to clip down a T110E3, immediately a guy deliberately moves in behind me and pushes me out so he can try for the killshot. Just as well I had been accurate and landed all my shots because I wasn't getting any more. The pusher got his kill and I finished 11th on the win. The irony that my only "successful" run in this mode has been even less fun than losing was. Is this really what WG thinks the top level of play in their game should be?

Edited by Achibot, 11 June 2017 - 07:20 PM.

Dr_ownape #2 Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41887 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
it doesn't work everytime though. I had a decent 215b on my team. He tried to sit back and farm damage. we won, he came 13th. i didn't laugh much

Unforgiving_Destiny #3 Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Whenever monkeys at WG headquarter limit the premium ammo in ranked and remove the wanker arty from ranked too , game mode will be balanced.

It doesn't matter which tank you are in , everyone shoot gold whether it is type 5 they are shooting or light tank and some monkeys when they reach rank 5 because they can't lose it they will play arty to [edited]with other people.

Edited by Princess_Ema, 11 June 2017 - 07:02 PM.

WindSpIitter1 #4 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 277 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostPrincess_Ema, on 11 June 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Whenever monkeys at WG headquarter limit the premium ammo in ranked and remove the wanker arty from ranked too , game mode will be balanced.

It doesn't matter which tank you are in , everyone shoot gold whether it is type 5 they are shooting or light tank and some monkeys when they reach rank 5 because they can't lose it they will play arty to [edited]with other people.

yeah limit gold so everyone plays the type 5 and maus some more, that's the solution. 

As to the OP, the mode has some more fundamental problems other than not matching teams properly in terms of vehicles. The toxic gameplay really comes from people playing for top 3 on a loss rather than trying to turn a losing game around. 

douglarse #5 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56481 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Got myself top rank 5, most games have three arty and full of Maus tanks.

If your team loses the initial contact fight then half the players rush to the redline to try and farm damage/kills so they can be top 3 if they lose.

Edited that....... Randoms look more fun compared to that Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 14 June 2017 - 03:51 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Lucci #6 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10471 battles

Ranked battles are as Edited as all battles and the Edited teams are much more annoying when you get punished for teams without skill - thank you WG!

Edit: Everyone walk out his cw / event / mission based tank so that normal tanks are in disadvatage. Its just another event

where people profits who invest many time etc. anyway in this game and others come behind have no chance anymore.

Its like this oligarch thing in russia or usa.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 14 June 2017 - 03:52 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Moulie #7 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10492 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
Rather glad I have never bothered pushing for a tier 10 after reading all the comments about ranked battles.

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Is this just Ranked Battles?

I only ask because, in my experience, the same thing seems to apply in Randoms too.

Unforgiving_Destiny #9 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostHeathLedger_, on 11 June 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

yeah limit gold so everyone plays the type 5 and maus some more, that's the solution. 

As to the OP, the mode has some more fundamental problems other than not matching teams properly in terms of vehicles. The toxic gameplay really comes from people playing for top 3 on a loss rather than trying to turn a losing game around. 

Yes they should limit gold ammo as for example 10 rounds of gold for everyone is more than enough to kill all typs and maus , this is supposed to be team play not one person full gold kill all types and mauses .

WindSpIitter1 #10 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 277 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostPrincess_Ema, on 11 June 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Yes they should limit gold ammo as for example 10 rounds of gold for everyone is more than enough to kill all typs and maus , this is supposed to be team play not one person full gold kill all types and mauses .

Pre type 5 derp and maus buff there was a sandbox test without premium ammo.

Those 2 tanks stomped everything except swede TDs and 183s firing AP unless they massively overextended.

Limiting gold ammo is a sure shot in making sure every game is 30v30 maus+type 5. It's so utterly moronic of a suggestion I'm shocked a 3.1k wn8 player makes it without thinking that through. If it's about teamplay to wreck mauses then why would anyone pick a worse tank? You could have 2 tanks working together to flank and get some free shots or you could just have a maus and play better. 

douglarse #11 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56481 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 11 June 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

I only ask because, in my experience, the same thing seems to apply in Randoms too.

no ranked are worse

Achibot #12 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

I have never, not ever, seen this sort of sustained toxicity in randoms. And every day I've played (3 split across the week) has been markedly worse than the previous. That is not sustainable. It will be interesting to see take-up next week, I strongly suspect it will dive very hard.

Erwin_Von_Braun #13 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postdouglarse, on 11 June 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

no ranked are worse

View PostAchibot, on 11 June 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

I have never, not ever, seen this sort of sustained toxicity in randoms. And every day I've played (3 split across the week) has been markedly worse than the previous. That is not sustainable. It will be interesting to see take-up next week, I strongly suspect it will dive very hard.

I must admit, I have absolutely zero interest in this mode, so I don't really know much about the toxic shenanigans.

I do, however, think this mode is doomed.

ihateclowns #14 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29742 battles

​I'ts way worse in ranked, usually you know in the first 3 seconds if you have won or not due to map and tank diffrences but in ranked whole team of 15 people push 1 flank and all will yolo to farm exp, if the first 2-3 tanks die are on your team then its camp time, i can't stand it anymore and ive just retired from ranked forever, also it costs a fortune, i spent over a million getting to rank 5 spamming gold, no way im doing that again on monday and so on .

Mrcupofteaguy #15 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15071 battles

I disagree, the gameplay has been getting better, now I cant say if that's because players are getting used to new mode or simply I have reached tier 5 and players are better, but as the week has gone on I have enjoyed it more and more

it is still slower than randoms, much much less yolo bozos but that is on balance a good thing, players value their games more.

what the game mode has shown is how imbalanced tier 10 is between classes, I have not seen a single light tank in tier 4 or 5 battles, no british tanks fullstop, and only E5 for americans, and batchat for French.  Maus, type 5 everywhere and some serious try hards and gold spam

edit, it is amusing when players rant 'go back to randoms bot' tho, that raises a smile every time 

Edited by Mrcupofteaguy, 11 June 2017 - 08:47 PM.

Achibot #16 Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

View PostMrcupofteaguy, on 11 June 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I disagree, the gameplay has been getting better, now I cant say if that's because players are getting used to new mode or simply I have reached tier 5 and players are better, but as the week has gone on I have enjoyed it more and more

it is still slower than randoms, much much less yolo bozos but that is on balance a good thing, players value their games more.

what the game mode has shown is how imbalanced tier 10 is between classes, I have not seen a single light tank in tier 4 or 5 battles, no british tanks fullstop, and only E5 for americans, and batchat for French.  Maus, type 5 everywhere and some serious try hards and gold spam

edit, it is amusing when players rant 'go back to randoms bot' tho, that raises a smile every time 

I'll be interested to hear your feedback and that of others who got ahead fast this week and had some fun playing mostly at Rank 5 once you are dumped back into the Rank 1-3 meta on Monday. And again the Monday after and so on. The more I think about it, the less I think it's sustainable for any sort of extended period.

Edited by Achibot, 11 June 2017 - 08:52 PM.

Mrcupofteaguy #17 Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15071 battles

View PostAchibot, on 11 June 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

I'll be interested to hear your feedback and that of others who got ahead fast this week and had some fun playing mostly at Rank 5 once you are dumped back into the Rank 1-3 meta on Monday. And again the Monday after and so on. The more I think about it, the less I think it's sustainable for any sort of extended period.

​I should also add I found my tank, for me E50M is been my best tank for the game mode, does lots of damage, accurate, mobile and can attack and if have to play for top 3 on a bad team by falling back.  I tried IS-7, Grille, T-62a but for me E50M been the best

douglarse #18 Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56481 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostMrcupofteaguy, on 11 June 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

​I should also add I found my tank, for me E50M is been my best tank for the game mode, does lots of damage, accurate, mobile and can attack and if have to play for top 3 on a bad team by falling back.  I tried IS-7, Grille, T-62a but for me E50M been the best

With another account I presume?

yours only lists 2 games in ranked

Mrcupofteaguy #19 Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15071 battles

View Postdouglarse, on 11 June 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

With another account I presume?

yours only lists 2 games in ranked

​yeah, banned team damage so on my 1st, non reroll account

clixor #20 Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50411 battles

View PostAchibot, on 11 June 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Well i got to rank5 on day2 with like a 75% chevron rate. Had some really nice battles but after i reached rank5 the players seemed to get really focussed on their chevrons. Quite a few battles on rank5 i felt we could've won or made it more closer if everybody engaged. And then in the end of the week the more average players (<50% ers) also seemed to have reached rank5 which didnt help gameplay as well.

So i'm happy to start over again tomorrow again but when i reach rank5 i think i will just stop playing RB. Also because it's just eats credits (after you got all the primary rank rewards), you basically have to play prem tanks for a few hours to be able to be competitive in this mode, and that's pretty sad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users