if you rush forward your an "idiot"

plz tell me how i should play

i have fun with all the above

Shivva #2 Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29799 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

You're a new player and you've found your way to the forums, that's a big step in the right direction for a start. I'd suggest watching some Youtube or Twitch streams of good players and picking up tips from there. Read up the wiki especially about game mechanics which may be unfamiliar to you like penetration, spotting, camo, armour use. Most of all just have fun while your learning, find some tanks you do well in and use them initially till you find out what lines you want to go up.

Get used to checking the minimap constantly, awareness is a huge part of things in WoT, make sure your minimap is big enough that you can notice enemies appearing on it easily and watch how your team splits initially in games so you don't get left on a flank alone.

Edited by Shivva, 12 June 2017 - 11:52 PM.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #3 Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
what Shivva says..

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 48812 battles

Mostly I play the way I want and when it goes wrong I get lots of criticism which I mostly ignore because when I do extremely well and carry the game no one says a thing.

As to how you should play how long have you got :)

Im still learning mostly by watching videos by decent players and its paying off very slowly but I am getting a little better.

iztok #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:07 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
Get to YouTube and watch some battle recordings. Also search for Zeven. He gives excellent battle reviews.

Shivva #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29799 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostDundato, on 12 June 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

*edited*

A genuine new player comes to the forum looking for help and you reply with this garbage?....Game is so much better off now you aren't playing it anymore, hopefully the forums will also benefit from your absence in the near future.

Edited by Jbnn, 13 June 2017 - 07:54 AM.

Dundato #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26310 battles

View PostShivva, on 12 June 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

A genuine new player comes to the forum looking for help and you reply with this garbage?....Game is so much better off now you aren't playing it anymore, hopefully the forums will also benefit from your absence in the near future.

A doubt it im here to stay. Better than the news and  i tried to help someone earlier and got shot down for it. *edited* 

Edited by Jbnn, 13 June 2017 - 07:57 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Shivva #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29799 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostDundato, on 12 June 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

A doubt it im here to stay. Better than the news and  i tried to help someone earlier and got shot down for it. So go away ya mincer

*edited* ..ah you going for personal insults now of a homphobic nature. Stop derailing threads with your nonsense.

Edited by Jbnn, 13 June 2017 - 07:58 AM.

Spurtung #9 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63703 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostEC3_1percent, on 13 June 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

if u kill sombody your a "bot"

if you dont play the way the team wants your "unsportsmanlike"

if you stand still your "inactive"

"fun"

Strappster #10 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 23990 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDundato, on 12 June 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

*edited* 

You might want to google it yourself. Having lived in Scotland for several years I've certainly heard the term "thick as mince" but never once did I hear "mincer" used in that context. In fact it's so incongruous as to lead me to suspect you're obfuscating after being called out for posting garbage.

Edited by Jbnn, 13 June 2017 - 07:59 AM.

Dundato #11 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26310 battles

View PostStrappster, on 12 June 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

You might want to google it yourself. Having lived in Scotland for several years I've certainly heard the term "thick as mince" but never once did I hear "mincer" used in that context. In fact it's so incongruous as to lead me to suspect you're obfuscating after being called out for posting garbage.

Yea apparently its used in England. It was just a random word ive used a few times. So Apologies. Im not homophobic

PowJay #12 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

Short answer- live longer, do more damage, get more kills.

Long answer- learn the game mechanics as outlined above. Learn about spotting and camouflage as it will help you to live longer and therefore achieve more.

Learn about gun and penetration mechanics. I don't know exactly what you are doing wrong, but I looked at you Alecto, for example and you have average damage of 101HP/battle and I have exactly FIVE TIMES that at 505 HP/battle. Clearly whatever I am doing is more right than you. Which gun do you use? Some stand by the 25pdr, but I am doing all that with the 6pdr. Take a look at this battle result and see what is possible...

http://wotreplays.com/site/3171871#sand_river-powjay-alecto

The thing about guns is that the biggest is not necessarily the best. The 6pdr has one heck of a rate of fire, pens most things that it meets and will take them down. Although the damage per shot is low, you can basically perm-track your enemies and chew them up.

You stay alive longer, do more damage and kill more by knowing where to go and WHEN. Watch the flow of battle. Know where you can go to be useful and at the right time. Taking a light tank into a HT melee seems to be the thing for some people. I will never understand this when we desperately need scouts. However, at the end of the battle when a good LT can one-shot all of the survivors, this might be a very valuable move to prevent heavier allies being killed.

Although there are many mixed feelings on this, you might like to install the XVM mod and activate the statistics feature. Find a good player- AT LEAST Yellow, but preferably green or higher skill in a similar tank and attempt to support him, or emulate him (or her) WITHOUT GETTING IN THE WAY!!!!

I've got to go, but welcome to the forums, and congratulations for arriving with questions and not whines. You will get such a good response compared to the latter type.

adameitas #13 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63184 battles
feel sry for u OP. You started to think about such "things" way to early:(  I didnt care about it in my first like 10k games and it was my best games:) My suggestion would be turn of chat (it is pointless atm anyway, is used mostly only for rage) and try to enjoy game dont worry about stats much in such an early stage:)

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostEC3_1percent, on 12 June 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

You should play.

Gud.

TsunamiFM #15 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18942 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE

1. Read the Tactics article on the wiki to learn the basic techniques.
  2. Learn the maps, for example using vBAddict heatmaps, to know which places can give you some tactical advantage. Mind different types battles and different types of tanks yield different parts of maps as optimal.
  3. Learn tanks weak spots, for example using tanks.gg site. And mind that sometimes it's best to disengage and/or try flanking - you don't want to enter long tunnel with T110E3 at the end (especially when its lower plate is hidden).
  4. Don't overestimate your armor. Some tank destroyers have really powerful guns, some players like to shoot premium shells left and right.
  5. Try to adjust your behavior dynamically, accordingly to what's happening on the battlefield. Wait when you need to wait, rush when you need to rush.
    Example 1: on some maps it might be very good idea for pack of fast tanks to move to particular area and control it. But if you go alone, you will usually die quickly.
    Example 2: sometimes it's best to wait, but some another time if you wait and don't support your team with covering fire then your team mates will die.

I played a lot of battles, but I still struggle a bit with 4 and 5, and time to time I do something really stupid, losing my tank in single seconds. It takes time, practice, and cool head.

Edited by TsunamiFM, 13 June 2017 - 07:44 AM.

Infine #16 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18464 battles

View PostShivva, on 13 June 2017 - 04:12 AM, said:

A genuine new player comes to the forum looking for help and you reply with this garbage?....

What garbage? I've seen people reporting an Emil for not going to a heavy brawl and going to medium hills instead. Reporting people for refusing to Rush B with paper tanks into a known grille camp. Reporting for accidental friendly fire or collision or dying early due to a mistake. For any type of behaviour sooner or later you are going to find a person that reports you for it because, apparently, playing the way they don't approve of is a valid reason for reporting. So the rule zero is good play and not being reported do not generally correlate, and playing to please every teammate won't bring you results.

MrClark56 #17 Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6080 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Can anybody share the SGTA handbook for the OP? i can't find it anywhere...

OP do not let the forum bitterness get to you.. we whine, we biatch, we argue all the time, but we love being here.. you will get used to that if you come to forums more.

You can also read/ watch videos about what to do and not what to do in WOT... 

But clearly you are new, so don't take the players rants in game seriously, you still in your early learning phase.. so the best advice i can give to you is to improve your situational awareness in battle.. i.e. try to understand what other players are doing and how to assist them to win the battle.. similarly try to determine what enemy tanks are trying to do and fight back accordingly.. use your map to do that. map awareness is key to success.

Edited by MrClark56, 13 June 2017 - 07:35 AM.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

That's all nonsense. 

What you have to understand is that this is a TEAMgame where every player has his role in the battle. We have different tiers and different classes, those dictate how you should play.

As an example: If you are a bottomtier tank, you are meant to support the other tanks. If you are a toptiertank, you are meant to lead.

The first thing you have to learn is how to evaluate your performance, the sooner you understand that, the easier it is to improve. Did you do well? Did you contribute to a win? Did you play your tank to its strengths?

The easiest way to do that as a beginner is by comparing a few simple stats: Check how much HP your tank has. If you do your own HP in damage, chances are high that you did a good job. 

And always ask yourself why you died and how you could have done things better.

But the most important advice right now is: Don't buy ANY higher tier tanks. At tier FIVE you have all the time and the environment to learn. In the higher tiers you don't...

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22172 battles

Few simple tips.

1. Don't be cheap -  never use the 50% crew option NEVER- Your tank will be bad enough as stock until you grind through it's modules, dropping it's performance even further with a crew of [edited]is just going to really hurt you more than you can imagine. Go with the 75% crew minimum but since the commander is the most important since he gives the crew bonus and view range.. go with the gold at the least for him if you got a little cash.

2. Buy equipment - rammer, every time, a default imo, 10% faster reload means you win 1vs1 with an identical tank without, all things even, but in general play you just want to be doing that little more damage that keeps you alive longer. Optics and vents typically. see the enemy sooner and have a slightly better everything overall. How many times did you just barely lose a fight with another tank? Equipment will help you win those close battles.

3. It's ok to stop - I see so many players that are unsure what to do but they keep driving forwards anyway, and I think they know it's not a good idea but they still do it. If in doubt, check your map, check your teammates position and follow them if it makes you more comfortable for a while. This is better than camping, better than yoloing and at least 2 guns are better than 1 etc.

4. Don't be the guy at the front - again this doesn't mean camping but you can support rather than lead. Like most cases in war, the front guy eats the shell while the others behind react and take the necessary steps to counter so don't be the guy that gets spotted first since all the enemy team will pretty much see you as the first target they get and as such, all that can target and shoot you will, that's not a good place to be

5. Don't be in such a rush to move to next tier - I'm sure you've noticed that the next tier tank you have just bought is not as good as the previous tier tank you have just sold. This is because the previous tier tank, with it's somewhat trained crew along with it's fully its fully upgraded turret, gun, engine etc etc is actually a better tank than the completely stock next tier tank along with probably, an inferior crew.. so enjoy the better tank for a while, even if it's one tier lower and at least you will have experience with that tank too.. if you like it, why not play on with it for a while and use that decent tank to learn to play and improve your ability.

Shivva #20 Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29799 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

View PostInfine, on 13 June 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

What garbage? I've seen people reporting an Emil for not going to a heavy brawl and going to medium hills instead. Reporting people for refusing to Rush B with paper tanks into a known grille camp. Reporting for accidental friendly fire or collision or dying early due to a mistake. For any type of behaviour sooner or later you are going to find a person that reports you for it because, apparently, playing the way they don't approve of is a valid reason for reporting. So the rule zero is good play and not being reported do not generally correlate, and playing to please every teammate won't bring you results.

No you haven't, you've seen people saying they were reporting someone for whatever but if you're happy to believe everything someone says online then I wish you luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users