Jump to content


Mauschen, ever exist even in fag packet drawing?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39029 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

Just curious

 

most tanks in game have something to them, even E50 and E75 which seem little more than fag packet drawings and a few component developments scheduled (eg combined engine and transmissions for rear wheel drive, exterior mounted suspension)

 

But I can find nothing anywhere about mauschen and I have a great book collection and obviously google



Spurtung #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:12 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63814 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostStewie2ie, on 13 June 2017 - 05:01 AM, said:

Just curious

 

most tanks in game have something to them, even E50 and E75 which seem little more than fag packet drawings and a few component developments scheduled (eg combined engine and transmissions for rear wheel drive, exterior mounted suspension)

 

But I can find nothing anywhere about mauschen and I have a great book collection and obviously google

 

Block Quote

 The basic design known as the VK100.01 / Porsche Type 205[5] was suggested by Ferdinand Porsche to Adolf Hitler in June 1942, who subsequently approved it. Work on the design began in earnest; the first prototype, to be ready in 1943 was initially to receive the name Mammut (Mammoth). This was reportedly changed to Mäuschen (Little Mouse) in December 1942 and finally to Maus (Mouse) in February 1943, which became the most common name for this tank.

 in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus

 

There you go.

They're all the very same tank, but give it to WG to see 3 different ones and give it sequential tiers just from how its name changed.

 

Wouldn't be surprised to see yet another variation called Mammut (premium, perhaps?), they seem to have missed that one.

 



_Anarchistic_ #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:24 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39029 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 13 June 2017 - 04:12 AM, said:

 

 in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus

 

There you go.

They're all the very same tank, but give it to WG to see 3 different ones and give it sequential tiers just from how its name changed.

 

Wouldn't be surprised to see yet another variation called Mammut (premium, perhaps?), they seem to have missed that one.

 

 

​and we have other paper tanks like the Bear which at least were genuine, if only paper proposals

 



Phobos4321 #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:37 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,402
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

for T10 they quite often went "creative" even more on the heavy side since that class more or less disappeared and were replaced by mbts

 

so without real developed heavies after 2. WW  is it surprising they are struggleing to find tanks that might match meds/mbts that were developed 20-30 years later ?

 

and so we get  tanks like type 5, 215b etc



Spurtung #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63814 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostPhobos4321, on 13 June 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

215b

That one's a joke.

How a Conqueror with the turret facing backwards for transport gets mistaken for another tank beats the crap out of me.



_Anarchistic_ #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39029 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostPhobos4321, on 13 June 2017 - 04:37 AM, said:

for T10 they quite often went "creative" even more on the heavy side since that class more or less disappeared and were replaced by mbts

 

so without real developed heavies after 2. WW  is it surprising they are struggleing to find tanks that might match meds/mbts that were developed 20-30 years later ?

 

and so we get  tanks like type 5, 215b etc

 

and I guess E50 and E50M a real desperate pad out of the line

 



250swb #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22676 battles
  • 5,071
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

Fritz was a very tall soldier, seven foot tall some say, and told to stand next to the Maus so a photograph could be taken to show the size of the tank even he thought they should use a shorter subject. The pictures came back from the chemists and were put into a drawer and forgotten, it was a busy time. But when found again after the war the picture of the soldier stood next to what looked like a small Maus tank became the legend of the Mauschen. And today while seven foot tall Fritz is long forgotten teams are still searching barns and tunnels for the missing link in the Maus family tree.



Phobos4321 #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,402
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostStewie2ie, on 13 June 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

 

and I guess E50 and E50M a real desperate pad out of the line

 

 

thinking about the result of the war do you think germany could develope tanks in the time where the most other hightier meds/mbts we are seeing in the game were made  ?

Jigabachi #9 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17935 battles
  • 19,087
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Here is another approach: Who the heck cares? As long as it fits in the game somehow, I couldn't care less if it's an elaborate tank concept that rolled on the battlefield or a dirty drawing a mad scientist left on a piece of toilet paper seconds before the bunker got nuked.

IncandescentGerbil #10 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
All the tanks in the game are absurd, when you get down to it. It's an arcade game and vehicles perform accordingly. The only thing, say, a t62a has over a Type 5 in terms of "authenticity" is the fact it looks like a real life tank.
Having said that, the developers would do a lot better to channel their creativity into map design.

Uebergewicht #11 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 1,062
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015
As others said, it´s basically an earlier version of the Maus. They did the same with the Swedish heavies - the Emil´s and the Kranvagen aren´t really seperate tanks as well, but different development stages of the same tank.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users