• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

Hey guys,

just struggling to decide best equipment layout for a few HTs and MTs with slower aim times so would like to know from experienced players that use HTs and MTs a lot which is the better equipment option for these 2 tank classes with guns that have slow aim times and why you feel one is the better option than the other or indeed is equipping both the way to go and drop a vent instead? Drop rammer I dare say?

Is there an aiming time cut off point where you feel that both should be installed? Like for example you might say an aim time slower than 2.5 seconds should have both or 3 seconds etc? My IS3 for example has a horrendous aim time so I use a GLD but would also like the Vstab on there too.. but was unwilling to drop vents or rammer and that may be a flawed choice. I hope it's not too tank specific and can be generalized because I want to drive on grinding a few medium and heavy lines and want to get the most out of each and every shot or at least give each and every shot the best possible chance to find the place I'm aiming at.

Edit- My bad I used verts as a shortening of vertical stabilizers but verts looks like vents to some obviously so I'll change that to Vstab, I meant Vstab or GLD

Edited by TungstenHitman, 13 June 2017 - 12:30 PM.

justintime4t #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21457 battles
does giving crew food not equal the same effect as vents?

Mav75 #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29437 battles
  • [SXSE] SXSE

Vstab before GLD.

Goldshock #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20826 battles
Always vertical stabilizer, It always gives you the bonus. The gun drive only works while stationary. I use both on my O-ho yo maximize the effect.

qpranger #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30706 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Vents improve everything, GLD just the aim time.

I only ever put GLD on tanks with really awful aiming.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postqpranger, on 13 June 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Vents improve everything, GLD just the aim time.

I only ever put GLD on tanks with really awful aiming.

I only use GLD whenever Vert. Stab. is not available.

justintime4t #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21457 battles
I misread verts and saw vents....

antoine130 #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4886 battles
I use both GLD and VStab on everything that has crappy gun handling, like my T34. Looks like i'll need GLD on the Charioteer as well. 

dennez #9 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16745 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why would anyone even briefly consider a GLD over VSTAB if it can mount a VSTAB? And its not like there arent already a thousand threads about this yet.

alienslive #10 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 82853 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

VSTAB > GLD.

end of story

Negativvv #11 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6803 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

A Google search will bring up old threads...

Just check your chosen tank on VBaddicts, you'll see what folk prefer to equip their tank with. Take that info and act accordingly...

fighting_falcon93 #12 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29330 battles

It's difficult to give any general answer because it varies so much between classes and tanks. I always pick vstab before gld if vstab is aviable. Then for instance on autoloaders I pick both vstab and gld because they can't take a rammer. As you mentioned IS-3, I'd take the same equipment as I have on my IS-7, which is rammer + vstab + vents :great:

Argedeava #13 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26582 battles
  • [WODR] WODR

I prefer GLD for slow aiming tanks.

Vstab is not "superior" is just different. Doesnt have any effect if you turn for ex. It has only 10% effect if you don`t move, and only rotate turret which is good if you don`t aim, other GLD is better.

The only situation where is superior is when you W//A in//out cover and shoot without much aiming.

They both have pros and cons.

Many will say VSTAB just becouse they saw it on youtube and  haven`t put much thinking into it.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostGoldshock, on 13 June 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Always vertical stabilizer, It always gives you the bonus. The gun drive only works while stationary. I use both on my O-ho yo maximize the effect.

Well here's the thing about the GLD, I read somewhere months back, and I'm not sure if it was true or not but that a GLD does not actually increase the speed at which the aiming circle closes but actually reduces the size of the blooming effect on the aiming circle itself when moving and turning etc, so it simply takes 10% less time to reach best accuracy while actually closing at the same speed as before. Don't be confused by that it makes perfect sense but I'm not sure if that is the truth of it, if it is true, then your gun is technically also more accurate when moving since the bloom itself has been reduced accordingly to produce an aiming time 10% faster than before while closing at the same speed as before.. get it? please say yes lol.

Edit- It also stands to reason therefore, that a tank with a base aim time of 3.4 will have its aim bloom reduced considerably more even while on the move with GLD than a tank with 1.5 second aim time. bigger the base aim time, bigger the gain, lesser the aim time, lesser the gain. However many players swear by a Vstab for their HTs or MTs and I can understand this in the case of a faster aiming time tank where the gains of a GLD would be negligible, but I'm wondering if the combination of both on a slow aiming tank as mentioned, would be of such benefit, gaining both a smaller maximum bloomed aiming circle and also 20% more moving accuracy, as to drop something else like a vent altogether or even the rammer? better to be landing shots at a slower ROF than missing more at a faster ROF right? Honestly I can't settle on one setup or the other and it's expensive to be messing around buying and removing various layouts, was hoping for some clear cut answers or evidence

Edited by TungstenHitman, 13 June 2017 - 02:04 PM.

ederfe #15 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14068 battles

You just described how vstabs work (percentages are off ofcourse). Gld reduces the aimtime as it says.

4tankersanddog explains what you seek in great detail here https://youtu.be/dVsTHBcW6Ww or just look up "tanking with science vstab vs gld" if you dont feel like following the link.

Edited by ederfe, 13 June 2017 - 02:05 PM.

TheR3dBaron #16 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33457 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View Postederfe, on 13 June 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

You just described how vstabs work (percentages are off ofcourse). Gld reduces the aimtime as it says.

4tankersanddog explains what you seek in great detail here https://youtu.be/dVsTHBcW6Ww or just look up "tanking with science vstab vs gld" if you dont feel like following the link.

ederfe saves me having to google. Very good video and a recommended watch. Always vstab.

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View Postederfe, on 13 June 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

One of the best tests I've seen, excellent vid, thanks buddy.. and what that also pretty much answers is my "drop a vent or rammer to carry both?" question.. Vstab, vents and rammer in nearly all HT cases that can carry, for a MT... always optics is a strong consideration. can't wait to try a Vstab on my struggling Panther2.. so many tanks actually... WG please feature a 50% discount on equipment this weekend ;)

Schmeksiman #18 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16275 battles
  • [INC] INC

View PostArgedeava, on 13 June 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

I prefer GLD for slow aiming tanks.

Vstab is not "superior" is just different. Doesnt have any effect if you turn for ex. It has only 10% effect if you don`t move, and only rotate turret which is good if you don`t aim, other GLD is better.

The only situation where is superior is when you W//A in//out cover and shoot without much aiming.

They both have pros and cons.

Many will say VSTAB just becouse they saw it on youtube and  haven`t put much thinking into it.

Vstabs is superior by far, you are wrong here.

Vertical stabiliser reduces the size of your aiming circle by 20%. Doesn't matter what are you doing, the circle is 20% smaller which is a huge benefit.

GLD only reduces the aimtime by 10% and only when you are not moving your tank. That benefit is more situational and less impactful.

So GLD has no pros over Vstabs, it's downright worse and you should not be using it over vstabs on any tank.

Here's a nice video for you explaining what I just said:

Argedeava #19 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26582 battles
  • [WODR] WODR

View PostSchmeksiman, on 13 June 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Vstabs is superior by far, you are wrong here.

Vertical stabiliser reduces the size of your aiming circle by 20%. Doesn't matter what are you doing, the circle is 20% smaller which is a huge benefit.

GLD only reduces the aimtime by 10% and only when you are not moving your tank. That benefit is more situational and less impactful.

So GLD has no pros over Vstabs, it's downright worse and you should not be using it over vstabs on any tank.

Here's a nice video for you explaining what I just said:

I saw that clip long ago and it`s flaw. Just ignores some variables thus making the whole argument flaw.

I also suspect it`s made on purpose to induce a trend and a advanced "noob trap".

Just that it takes a lot of variables into account and rolls them towards a conclusion is not enough, as it blisfully ignores some. Just as people bllisfully ignore the fact that WG isn`t stupid.

maroar #20 Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29464 battles
  • [G__G] G__G

GLD is only really usefull on autoloaders that take longer to aim fully after firing intra-clip, this will lead you to be fully aimed again and to keep someone tracked while you do damage to him.

I will take optics/vents/vstab/rammer and at times even binocs over GLD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users