• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Rem1s #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29344 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

I'll try to be constructive now, 

Since this Ranked battle season is Beta, so there can still be some changes done, before this cancer mode comes out? There are many things that would make gameplay less toxic, but this mode must be different from random game I guess, so I do not expect they let platoon play in, witch is the best aspect of the game. Period. 

But there is one thing you can do: do NOT give points for top 3 loosing team players. It is just bad idea, before 30s countdown ends people look around and they decide not to move more than 3 pixels and try to get their damage for top 3. That is just pure evil idea. It is not what battles are about. Win must be the only option. 

There are many solutions to this problem (and yes, it is a problem, its not my single whining opinion, it is a genuine problem about worst thing ever: give something to the looser.), anyway, why don't you just give 2 points for top 3 players, 1 point for next nine players and 0 (or possibly -1) for the rest on victorious team, and take -1 from all people in loosing team. 

P.S. Points distribution on winning team may be different, for sure the would be more optimal solutions for competitive gameplay.  

cro001 #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27869 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Ranking system needs complete overhaul, chevrons are terrible idea.

Shivva #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

YIp it's complete idiocy every 3rd match or so, Sand River - West spawn, 11 tanks (including 6 meds) all go straight to G1 and stay there for the remainder of the game,  Fiery Salient, 13 (yes 13!) tanks all around  A1 -> D1. Checked stats of some folks after battle and it's not just idiots doing this, it's some right decent players as well I've seen 43%'ers and 60%'ers all camping together.

At least Ranked Battles has united the community... unfortunately it's united them 1 grid square from spawn in a lot of a cases.

clixor #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 49604 battles

View Postcro001, on 13 June 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

Ranking system needs complete overhaul, chevrons are terrible idea.

In theory chevrons or other kind of reward is fine. But rewarding 3 to a losing team was not thought out properly. Usually the best players (at least with good situational awareness) will realize things are not going well and it's just these players you need to (perhaps) turn the tide. If you remove the losing chevron reward players in all cases need to go for a win.

StinkyStonky #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25106 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Postclixor, on 13 June 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

But rewarding 3 to a losing team was not thought out properly. 

You're wrong, it was thought out and it's a good idea.  Good players who have worked their tracks off don't get punished for being lumbered with a crap team.  There is a reason for them to keep trying even though their team is going to lose.

Similarly, freeloaders on the winning team don't get rewarded for not contributing.

Usually the best players (at least with good situational awareness) will realize things are not going well and it's just these players you need to (perhaps) turn the tide.

Yeah, and ?  What's your point ?  Those "best players" will often get rewarded even though they were left trying to carry a crap team.  You want all opponents to abandon the game as soon as it becomes obvious their team isn't going to win ?

If you remove the losing chevron reward players in all cases need to go for a win.

Players go for the win anyway.  Your suggestion would cause players to abandon the field as soon as it became obvious their team was going to lose.

That would lead to camping followed by quitting.

At least with the existing system it rewards players who try to stay alive, contribute to the very end and do well ... despite their Edited team.

It's no wonder the developers never bother to read these forums.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 June 2017 - 02:32 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Rem1s #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29344 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
Valid point @StinkyStonky. 

Slippyjim #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18794 battles
  • [ACE-] ACE-

agreed the whole ranked so far has been by far some of the worst gameplay that i have seen in this game and it all seems to benefit WG with all that 2 key spamming 

ive got no interest in stats or good or bad players but yeah there is so many players camping in a corner hiding and trying to farm damage for the "reward" of loosing 

also something to consider is banning a player from ranked for a stage or the whole ranked for deliberate team damage, i sat and watched 3 players shoot each other to get a spot on a map soo they could farm damage 

as for the rewards well to put up with all this cr@p for a whole month well im sorry you can keep your bonds and stick them right up your poop shoot

NiemandXL #8 Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostRem1s, on 13 June 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

I'But there is one thing you can do: do NOT give points for top 3 loosing team players. It is just bad idea,

I see one big problem with that. Tank and map balance is so bad that a lot of games are basically lost before they began and without the chance to be among the top 3 a lot of people would probably just suicide or go back to garage when they get crap like Ensk with paper tanks against super heavies.

m4r #9 Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 61571 battles
  • [PGT] PGT

View PostStinkyStonky, on 13 June 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Good players who have worked their tracks off 

1. Get a Maus.

2. Sidescrape and camp behind a building or a rock.

3. Spam gold.

Worked my tracks off, honestly. It's utterly boring and even properly trained ape can do it. Maybe that's why I gave up on this mode already. It's not worth it.

Campers are awarded, not good players. Good players are struggling with gold spammers and those campers I described earlier, and they have a choice:

- Die trying, deal so-so damage and shitton of marginally relevant spotting, hoping they'll be top losers.

- Camp like the others in some superheavy/heavium and try dealing decent amount of damage without looking at anyone else.

This game mode is more cancerous than rampage ever was.

Want to award good players? Just let the top 3 players keep the chevron, but don't award them with new one. 99% of people who actually have brain instead of wood scobs will understand why. For the remaining 1% lacking brain tissue: That will keep people from trying to deliberately camp on the back and be the top loser. That will actually make them move and try to mean something in the battle.

This is the only game I know that awards losers for being selfish and doing stupid things.

Edited by m4r, 14 June 2017 - 06:54 AM.

ZeFeKa #10 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 76357 battles

Even keeping chevron would be as bad as winning one on the losing side...

In a way, ethically the way chevron work now is fine... but no.

One goal : win to get a chevron.

Everyone in, everyone out. Yeah you'll have the MM screw you with map or tank composition, but at least people will play more like a team and one same goal, and not like has we can see with the top 3 objective in mind.

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19632 battles

I played maybe 5-10 games ranked last week, and ended up with 300 bonds.

With those bonds, I can for example buy 6th sense per game for very little. If I was a grinding a new crew, that would be pretty sweet. Or a 100% repair crew or camo crew.

And those would benefit a LOT more than improved equipment.

Many F2P players don't even have 6th sense on their tanks, but they might have a tier 10 tank. Ranked mode gives them a chance to get those skills for the tanks they are grinding.

spuriousmonkey #12 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:36 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42855 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

They shouldn't do ranked battles at tier 10 to start with. That whole tier is a mess with unbalanced tanks and unbalanced maps. Now obviously not a single tier is balanced, but it is most obvious at tier 10 (and 8).

To give access to more people they should do it at tier 5, 6, 7 or 9. Pick whatever. If it is about skill you can just as well display skill at tier 7 as you can at tier 10.

Or not. Maybe someone can tell me why this would suck. I haven't really thought it through entirely.

Homer_J #13 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27072 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStinkyStonky, on 13 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Good players who have worked their tracks off don't get punished for being lumbered with a crap team.  

How can a good player have a bad team when it's rank based matchmaking? 

Me no understandee. :unsure:

Rem1s #14 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29344 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

View PostHomer_J, on 14 June 2017 - 06:38 AM, said:

How can a good player have a bad team when it's rank based matchmaking? 

Me no understandee. :unsure:

plenty of 48% players with rank 4 and 5. Lucky and patient they are

dUG1 #15 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29873 battles

View PostRem1s, on 14 June 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

plenty of 48% players with rank 4 and 5. Lucky and patient they are

Actually, I have seen 44% WR 481 WN8 E100 yesterday (and no, its not a E100 best tonk meme).

Did 300-something damage shooting HE, got HEAT spammed by everything.

In rank Rank 2.

Gave up on ranked after that.

This mode might have turned out well, but in the end, its just disguised randoms with 0 teamplay and more toxicity caused by mouthbreathers and windowlickers derping around.

Just another typical WG failure.

Edited by dUG1, 14 June 2017 - 11:19 AM.

eldrak #16 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45837 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

Maybe it could change to something like:

Win, top 8 gains chevron

lose, bottom 5 lose chevron

draw, top 3 gains chevron, bottom 5 lose chevron

it's about same as the current (+3 chevrons total for a game that ends in a win)

You can't get carried with lucky teams through the ranks

You don't have to abandon teamplay to farm damage on a loss

You don't have to see awful gain/los chevron animation as often

=Just better?

I think such a system would benefit better players a lot which would make them cruise through the ranks easily. Some things might have to get adjusted, perhaps the number of chevrons for gaining certain ranks or the number of ranks.

tankqull #17 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19152 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

change the way dmg generates XP from its current form towards, a downward slope towards the end of the game that way early dmg is alot more rewarding then mid or endgame dmg canceling this Edited camping behaviour.

lets say a fight lasts  5minutes -> dmg done in the first 30sec is worth 100%, 30-60sec = 90%, 90-120sec =80% and so on until last 30sec = worth nothing.

that way a camper shining in the last 90sec of the game hast to do 4+x the dmg of someone dieing within the first 90sec to get equal amounts of XP and thus chevrons.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 14 June 2017 - 03:21 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

fighting_falcon93 #18 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29335 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 13 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Your suggestion would cause players to abandon the field as soon as it became obvious their team was going to lose.

That would lead to camping followed by quitting.

You do know that they use that system in World of Warships, right? Seems to work out fine :)

Also tagged with ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users