Not beacuse I swear but my friend does? I quit!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Thoreng #1 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31804 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

Hello everyone :)

How is your day? You want some drama?

I am Thoreng, was a CC of Turkish Community till today, till I decided to go out of the program.

I wanted to open an article here for having more global opinion of the issue.

First question is why I had less freedom as Turkish CC than an English one?

Second question is why I am responsible for a kid under 18 that open my stream(+18).

Third quesiton is that do you think it is correct that they ask for I shut my friend's mouth or cut my relations with them?

I was not able to keep this in my way, so I quit. (The funny thing is that I am probably the most kind Turkish streamer)

What I do not like here is that accepting one side of the population as Turkish culture and ignoring the rest!

(The video has the translation of the conversation between me and Paris from Turkish to English.)

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 June 2017 - 07:40 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #2 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60275 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostThoreng, on 13 June 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

First question is why I had less freedom as Turkish CC than an English one?

Second question is why I am responsible for a kid under 18 that open my stream(+18).

Third quesiton is that do you think it is correct that they ask for I shut my friend's mouth or cut my relations with them?

I doubt anyone in here has the answers for you.

Junglist_ #3 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35833 battles
But I thought Turkey is such a progressive country

Achibot #4 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

1) Possibly some latent xenophobia based on the fact that no-one else in Europe has even a shred of trust for Turkey at the moment. You can refer that one to Emperor Recep I if you like. Possibly something else entirely. I'm not sure how you could expect anyone here to actually have an answer for that?

2) You're not but people at Wargaming are responsible for the integrity of their product and it's image. With the current highly politicised environment it's probably something they are watching closely.

3) Either you choose to give someone a platform to say things or you don't. Either Wargaming agrees with your position or they don't. That's really between the three of you.

Thoreng #5 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31804 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View PostJunglist_, on 13 June 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

Yeah, in the opposite way.

Hyster #6 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27434 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K

ur stream then u are responsible for everything that happens on it, platooning with mates that swear a lot is a very poor idea as a CC u are representing WG who cater for all ages.

common sense should have said not to platoon and stream with a guy who swears all the time as it will drive some people away

Shivva #7 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29624 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
Sounds like a private issue between you and WG, you don't make yourself look great by dragging personal communications out in public.

cro001 #8 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28764 battles

View PostJunglist_, on 13 June 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Thoreng #9 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31804 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View Postcro001, on 13 June 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

from Paris :ohmy:

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Just think of WG like Erdogan.

A guy easily insulted that retaliates unproportionally and wants more and more power/money whatever the cost.

Thoreng #11 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31804 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View PostHyster, on 13 June 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

ur stream then u are responsible for everything that happens on it, platooning with mates that swear a lot is a very poor idea as a CC u are representing WG who cater for all ages.

common sense should have said not to platoon and stream with a guy who swears all the time as it will drive some people away

Almost two years I didnt change my way of stream but WG changed how they looked to the issue.

View PostShivva, on 13 June 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

Sounds like a private issue between you and WG, you don't make yourself look great by dragging personal communications out in public.

Judgement is a sharp knife. What they were able to ask from me was really shame. If I am CC, I do this cos they asked me, not because I gain something from them. So they cannot act like they are my boss. Unless I open this to you, then I am becoming a coward or I am expecting something from WG in the future. Definitely, judgement is a sharp knife.

Edited by Thoreng, 13 June 2017 - 05:50 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #12 Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60275 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Well .... It looks like all the CC programms have different teams so also different rules. Just like WG has EU, RU, Asia and so on. SO I can kinda see that they ask you to do something about the cursing on your channel. As a CC you are kinda representing WG and I can understand why they don't like that. That other languages don't have that is a bit weird I agree with you on that.

And you think your principles and friends are more important than being a CC, that is fine also. And I admire that.

But why come to the forum making a drama ? You disagree on soemthing and that made you decide to quit as CC but I do not really see the need for this topic ..... it is somehting between you and the Turkish CC dept ... not for all of us ....

Thoreng #13 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31804 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 13 June 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

But why come to the forum making a drama ? You disagree on soemthing and that made you decide to quit as CC but I do not really see the need for this topic ..... it is somehting between you and the Turkish CC dept ... not for all of us ....

When I quit the CC program, some players asked me why I did this. First I didnt explain it then some stupid theories was having place in the minds and forum. Because, several content in the video would be normal for some part of our(TR) community(cos of their cultural difference), like how they answered me about my streams from Paris. So, I wanted to clarify why I did this and wanted to see some more global ideas. Maybe I am more from this culture than TR one cos they say that what I do is out of TR culture. It is a way of explosion maybe... 

Edited by Thoreng, 13 June 2017 - 06:00 PM.

Achibot #14 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-

View PostThoreng, on 13 June 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Almost two years I didnt change my way of stream but WG changed how they looked to the issue.

It is possible that there was a policy update on this post-Fochgate. Perhaps your region is just the fastest to roll it out, or this is the first case where anyone has felt it's relevant? Again, all anyone here can do is to guess at why.

Judgement is a sharp knife. What they were able to ask from me was really shame. If I am CC, I do this cos they asked me, not because I gain something from them. So they cannot act like they are my boss. Unless I open this to you, then I am becoming a coward or I am expecting something from WG in the future. Definitely, judgement is a sharp knife.

It is admirable that you are sticking up for your friend and for your principles, both of these things are more important and it stands to your credit that you walked the walk here. But being a decent person doesn't make you right on this issue. There are two sides and as much as you are entitled to stick up for your friend, Wargaming are entitled to stick up for their product. Note, they are not attempting to stop you from streaming, they are simply not comfortable endorsing a stream with rude language right now, which I find understandable because it got them in a lot of trouble recently.

I would suggest you take a step back and rethink this. I'm not at all convinced that either side is much in the wrong here and if not then you could at least part on good terms?

Edited by Achibot, 13 June 2017 - 06:01 PM.

Thoreng #15 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31804 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View PostAchibot, on 13 June 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

But being a decent person doesn't make you right on this issue. There are two sides and as much as you are entitled to stick up for your friend, Wargaming are entitled to stick up for their product. Note, they are not attempting to stop you from streaming, they are simply not comfortable endorsing a stream with rude language right now, which I find understandable because it got them in a lot of trouble recently.

I would suggest you take a step back and rethink this. I'm not at all convinced that either side is much in the wrong here and if not then you could at least part on good terms?

Well, I understand how they can do or why. This is not the point. What I am looking for also is a little bit of equality between EN CC streamers and TR CC ones. The strange thing is here! Wait for it! If I swear in TR, is it bad? If you say so! But If I swear in EN while I stream in TR, then it is acceptable. It could be even a research issue for a master degree in psychology.

Shivva #16 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29624 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

Good to see those drama classes are paying off...

Thoreng #17 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31804 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View PostShivva, on 13 June 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Good to see those drama classes are paying off...

Way of expressing yourself, music and painting also...

Edited by Thoreng, 13 June 2017 - 06:20 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #18 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60275 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostThoreng, on 13 June 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

When I quit the CC program, some players asked me why I did this. First I didnt explain it then some stupid theories was having place in the minds and forum. Because, several content in the video would be normal for some part of our(TR) community(cos of their cultural difference), like how they answered me about my streams from Paris. So, I wanted to clarify why I did this and wanted to see some more global ideas. Maybe I am more from this culture than TR one cos they say that what I do is out of TR culture. It is a way of explosion maybe... 

Shouldnt the Turkish part of the forum be a better place for this 'discussion' ? No offense, but I didnt even knew you were a CC to begin with.

But still ... I really think this is something between you and the one you spoke with. You disagree and quit the CC program and both seemed happy about that choice. If you didnt you should have taken it to his supervisour and presented to him what they asked of you and that you disagreed. Making these conversations public isnt very mature in my humble opinion and at least to me looks like a attention seeker ....

wsatnutter #19 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24380 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
so you gave it your best shot .your job is done you need to graze on pastures new like old jingles

TheLast_KebapBender #20 Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42163 battles
  • [RISEN] RISEN

I'm Turkısh player and I guess he s emulating Sirfoch issue.. 

This s only a private issue between him and WG..

Warnings about swearing and insulting was already made at certain periods for CCs.. 

Other turkısh CCs probably think like me..  

And Throeng if u want any idea about "less freedom as Turkish CC than an English one" as,  u can ask other turkısh CCs(your friends) about this problem 

And u create a post in turkısh community forum and u say i m leaving from program for my personal principle !! but u didnt share anything about this conversation with WG in turkısh forum !! u r turkıshh CC u know that ?  

it's like this

Spoiler

Yeahh now we have fake heroo !! Sorry bro..

Edited by TheLast_KebapBender, 13 June 2017 - 07:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users