Jump to content


Is it.. the third time this year already?

Skorpion G

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:10 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15937 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

That thing is on sale again for the entire week. More down-armored panthers with 128mm guns.

 

I've lost count... While I'm sure it's not as game breaking as a Defender, and yes, I own one too and have bought it at first or second wave... I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to sell it with this frequency.

 

But, what do I know, right? What do our senior members think of this?

 https://eu.wargaming...ilter/?cd=50193 



iztok #2 Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
  • 2,504
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

Hi!

ScorpG is hard to play, esp vs, tier-10. Even after 1000 battles and being a TD fan, I'm still learning. I can easily imagine frustration of an average joe who bought this "OP" td and gets obliterated the very next second he fires its gun. :(

 

BR,  Iztok



justintime4t #3 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21457 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View Postiztok, on 14 June 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

Hi!

ScorpG is hard to play, esp vs, tier-10. Even after 1000 battles and being a TD fan, I'm still learning. I can easily imagine frustration of an average joe who bought this "OP" td and gets obliterated the very next second he fires its gun. :(

 

BR,  Iztok

 

And this is why its on sale yet again. People see the potential, rush to buy it and WG gets rich, but because (please don't take offence by this) because it is not mastered that easily and sees T10 it is not OP or broken) and therefore the monthly sales continues...

qpranger #4 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32397 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

The less armour it has, the more magical

non-pen / rircochet / track hit moments it offers.

Only in WOT.



Hammerhead20 #5 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25370 battles
  • 1,780
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
Still better to fight against this TD than see full teams of ugly "Defender's" and Chrysler's...

NervosCuNervii #6 Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21833 battles
  • 534
  • [D57T] D57T
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013

Skorpion is not an OP premium tank as it has bad camo, poor turret traverse speed and no armor. You can fight against Skorpions in any tank you have. You can load HE and wrek its turret, you can track it and outrun its turret, you can overmatch its turret, basically it's ok to fight against it.


Yeah, it's a trap as in you buy one thinking it's easy to play it and then get wrecked. It is not the Borsig as in it has no camo, it's not the Ferdinand as it has no armor and it's not the JPanther 2 to be played as a medium.

I have a Skorpion and I like it, it's a nice tank and I do not dread meeting them in the opposing team. From my point of view, I'd much rather face 4-5 Skorpions in the enemy team rather than 2 Defenders or 2 Chryslers.
I can even say that I'd prefer WG selling Skorpions by the truckload instead of selling another Defender or Chrysler ever again.



thestaggy #7 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14841 battles
  • 1,939
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

I was planning on getting either this or the Patriot as a new credit grinder thanks to the raft of idiot tanks that have obsoleted my existing tier 8s, BUT, after trading for the M4 Rev and adapting to it, I'm pulling in a good amount of credits so I'm debating whether I need to get another premium.



Jigabachi #8 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,005
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostNervosCuNervii, on 14 June 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Skorpion is not an OP premium tank as it has bad camo, poor turret traverse speed and no armor. You can fight against Skorpions in any tank you have. You can load HE and wrek its turret, you can track it and outrun its turret, you can overmatch its turret, basically it's ok to fight against it.

That's always a completely silly argument. The game is 15vs15, not 1vs1.

Yes, you can pen and kill it witha  Loltracktor, but in order to do that, you have to kill all the enemies in front of it. And in order to do that, you have to take out the campers with their big guns behind them. And in order to do that, you have to kill all the enemies in front of them. But in order to do that...

Do you see the problem with those powercreep tanks with their big guns?


Edited by Jigabachi, 14 June 2017 - 10:59 AM.


Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,857
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
They need more money!!!! I still won't buy it until they release one without that scorpion decal.

NervosCuNervii #10 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21833 battles
  • 534
  • [D57T] D57T
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013

I see your point but then again I can see the powercreep when it comes to the Defender as it has the biggest gun and best armor on any russian tier 8 heavy tank, I see the mobility + armor powercreep of the Chysler but I fail to see the powercreep of the Skorpion. I cannot say that it's better than the already present, and old, German tier 8 TD's, it has the same gun and, depending on your angle, other better or worse qualities.


Yeah, when you put the Skorpions and some armored battering rams in front of it, it will ruin your day, but that's not the issue of the Skorpion but rather of the "Make armor great again!" thing.

My point is that the game has bigger issues that the Skorpion.



Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,857
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostNervosCuNervii, on 14 June 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

I see your point but then again I can see the powercreep when it comes to the Defender as it has the biggest gun and best armor on any russian tier 8 heavy tank, I see the mobility + armor powercreep of the Chysler but I fail to see the powercreep of the Skorpion. I cannot say that it's better than the already present, and old, German tier 8 TD's, it has the same gun and, depending on your angle, other better or worse qualities.


Yeah, when you put the Skorpions and some armored battering rams in front of it, it will ruin your day, but that's not the issue of the Skorpion but rather of the "Make armor great again!" thing.

My point is that the game has bigger issues that the Skorpion.

 

Neither of those are powercreeped...Chrysler is just plain unbalanced and everybody who bought it knew about that fact. They don't need to cry about it tbh.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 14 June 2017 - 11:38 AM.


Negativvv #12 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8915 battles
  • 997
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I'm avoiding anything above T5 (well T6 Prems) like the plague. Looks like a wise choice...

 

 



WindSpIitter1 #13 Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 277 battles
  • 1,043
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017

Skorpion is completely fine imo. It's how prems should be handled if they aren't going to be straight up worse performing than regular tech tree tanks, by giving them a unique playstyle not found on that tier. RHM gets the gun and camo advantage but a mobility disadvantage, JP2 gets some armor but loses the turret. Both of those tanks have the better DPM as well. Worst you can fault the skorpion for is having the best accuracy. Closest match in playstyle would be the charioteer, but with the different ammo choices and the charioteer actually having camo it's still quite unique. 

 

The thing you can actually blame on the skorp and the lib/patriot is the defender and chrysler tanks coming out. I mean, matching a TD roughly to the strongest TDs on the tier is one thing. Making a better medium(patriot) than every t8 medium isn't hard at all, mostly because they're all crap. But matching heavy tanks to be competitive against an IS-3 like the defender and chrysler just leads to such a massive leap in powercreep, because all the other heavy tanks are so much worse than the IS-3. It's just shortsightedness by wargaming that they didn't just nerf the IS3 a little and then implement a weaker version of the chrysler/defender. Now they've just made a balance mistake that can't be solved without either giving people money back or doing a global rebalance.



NervosCuNervii #14 Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21833 battles
  • 534
  • [D57T] D57T
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013

View PostHeathLedger_, on 14 June 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

 Now they've just made a balance mistake that can't be solved without either giving people money back or doing a global rebalance.

 

A global rebalance would be tricky and take a long, long time as we can see how that worked out with the Sandbox and the tier 10's and that doesn't have any tanks bought with real money. Well, not directly, anyway.

 

Something needs to change, we can all agree about this. What is debatable is wether they need to change their policy about not messing with premium tanks and thus do a quick fix for the short term in tier 8 or do a major one, which looks unlikely from the recent sources with the "leaked" buffs "mainly to USSR tanks".



Shnuks #15 Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37602 battles
  • 4,990
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012

 

 

Scorp G is actually quite balanced and to me its my go to premium tank in the current meta. Its balanced by the poor turret traverse, rather non-existent camo and the sometimes derpy gun. 



Ceeb #16 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30216 battles
  • 5,240
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 June 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

That thing is on sale again for the entire week. More down-armored panthers with 128mm guns.

 

I've lost count... While I'm sure it's not as game breaking as a Defender, and yes, I own one too and have bought it at first or second wave... I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to sell it with this frequency.

 

But, what do I know, right? What do our senior members think of this?

 https://eu.wargaming...ilter/?cd=50193 

 

What you're saying is, its ok for  you to have one but people that missed it cant ?

 

 

 

 



dennez #17 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 17281 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013
My main gripe is that it's not really OP, but its a TD. Meaning another great addition to the dynamic and fun gameplay of late. Another couple thousands of basecampers added to the game. Yay us!

Edited by dennez, 14 June 2017 - 02:10 PM.


Suurpolskija #18 Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18692 battles
  • 1,642
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
I can't believe I still haven't bought it a single time!

SilentFear #19 Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25359 battles
  • 3,173
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View Postdennez, on 14 June 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

My main gripe is that it's not really OP, but its a TD. Meaning another great addition to the dynamic and fun gameplay of late. Another couple thousands of basecampers added to the game. Yay us!

 

Yeah sad isnt it ? The Skorpion G is probably the best medium tank at tier 8 - yet the scrubs will camp whit it behind arta and do 1k damage before every gun on the planed smash them in the face....

 

But yeah Skorp is the way WG should do their premiums - not like the freaking Defender and CHrysler Foch.



Vajsravana #20 Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32827 battles
  • 896
  • Member since:
    04-10-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 14 June 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

That's always a completely silly argument. The game is 15vs15, not 1vs1.

Yes, you can pen and kill it witha  Loltracktor, but in order to do that, you have to kill all the enemies in front of it. And in order to do that, you have to take out the campers with their big guns behind them. And in order to do that, you have to kill all the enemies in front of them. But in order to do that...

Do you see the problem with those powercreep tanks with their big guns?

 

All that... or a single artillery shot, even with post 9.18 arty.

 

That's the way open-top, paper-armor TDs are supposed to be balanced.







Also tagged with Skorpion G

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users