A question for M24 Chaffee drivers

M24 Chaffee 9.18

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15490 battles

Chaffeine addicts, how does the vehicle play now after 9.18 nerfs rebalance?

I can't play at the present moment but I can still manage my account and I would like to know if it's better to keep it in my garage or go a tier lower.

Alternatively, if anyone can suggest a better Ami LT, that would be lovely too.

Thank you!

Posted in the appropriate section but nobody answered...

Suurpolskija #2 Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

Chaffee is an alright light tank, I've enjoyed the US line all the way to Bulldog. Haven't played the low tiers after patch, but did toon a lot with a friend who had one and it seemed pretty efficient still.

Other nice light tank lines? Well, I've played 4/5 of them to some mid tiers and I guess they're all nice. Haven't seen any reason to start with the german line though and probably won't. Even Sirfoch hates it. My personal favorite is the french line because light + autoloader for some reason works for me pretty nicely.

Aikl #3 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I hear T71 is the way to go. T49 doesn't seem bad either.

M5 Stuart (T4) still has 56/78mm penetration, which isn't that good against KV-1s and the like. The Chinese M5A1, Luchs or 38nA are better picks for a T4 LT. T37 and M41 aren't what they used to be, either.

Mav75 #4 Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30105 battles
Chaffee is still worth keeping.

velvetcough #5 Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4666 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm still pretty noob and play mostly tiers 4-6.  Lights are the most manic and difficult to play, just as Arty is the chill zone tank type.  I get the tactics for lights, and am getting the map knowledge to try and be useful to a team, but obviously you do need those ' quickfingers' to roll around in zingers, and, at 52, those reflexes are tough. Still, I can but learn - "there is joy in repetition", as Prince would have had it, but it is effortful.

I just unlocked the 59-16, which I think I will like a lot. Had fun circle-killing a T1 heavy in my Chaffee the other day, though I could picture choking being him.  The M7 still moves lovely.

I've got the AMX-elc and love it's mobility and boomstick, but am more a nippy sit, hit and move player of it than mosquito buzzing everywhere. It'll be a slow progression for me, but I'm looking forward to the French autoloaders.

But the no love for the German lights..? Strange behaviour to me.  The PzIC is mad fun and the Luchs and the Leopard are great to drive and the 90mm pen on the machine gun is really punchy at their tiers, although I use a single shotter on the Luchs more often, (copying 4Tankers&Dog).

Have gotten creamed by the T71 several times post patch - it's a nasty doggy.

Oh, and lots of purplies running around clubbing in T64's of course.

Lights...Camera...etcetera..!!

Edited by velvetcough, 14 June 2017 - 09:48 AM.

Also tagged with M24, Chaffee, 9.18

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users