• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

dini2014 #1 Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34233 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

Dear players 

I am an average player who i value my time for playing the game quite high as i have many real life obligations. To be honest for this reason i spend few bucks more to cover this time lag and remain an average competitive player. Now wg has introduced a new interesting play mode the ranked battles.for me this instead of pleasure has created a big frustration. Its a huge time intensive mode with strict time frames and also quite toxic in chat sometimes. However if i want to gain some bonds and better equipement i have to follow the game rules which in my case will remove any pleasure of playing and relaxing. So WG has removed two basics that i had. One is choice of time allocation to the game and the second any other option to cap this time lag with other methods(even buying bonds with real money) of gaining the same advantages like those who will put more time and effort to ranked battles. Thus in my opinion the solution is either to give us options to obtain bonds with other methods or remove any in game competive advantage by changing the better equipment with other rewards. Thanks

Edited by dini2014, 14 June 2017 - 10:28 AM.

CoDiGGo #2 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14997 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0
After I realize about 16 points rule, imo reward/effort is very low. So I will only grind rank 3 every week and stop.

Enderman21 #3 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26607 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-

View PostCoDiGGo, on 14 June 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

After I realize about 16 points rule, imo reward/effort is very low. So I will only grind rank 3 every week and stop.

I think you'll fall out of every league/rankings, by doing this. You need more points. 

Gvozdika #4 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38155 battles

I wouldn't bother (I certainly am not) unless you actively enjoy the mode. The maths doesn't add up from my point of view.

- In order to get into the rankings at all by the end of the season you need to get 16 points (R4 minimum each week).

- To get R4 you need a total of 8 chevrons. 

- If you have an average chevron success rate of 60% (using myself as an example here) you'll gain 6 chevrons and lose 4 for every 10 games you play (net of +1 chevron per 10 games). So that's 80 games to get those 8 chevrons.

- Now multiply by four (320 games per month).

Even then, you'll be at the bottom of the table w/ 16 points and nowhere near the top 50% who get any rewards. At most you'll have 1600 bonds from your weekly awards if you do the minimum - so you'll need to get 3+ months of this to get 1x improved gun rammer. You can of-course rank up beyond R4 to R5 and get some vehicle ranks - but this is more time and in-game money you HAVE to invest each and every week of each season if you want to even enter the rankings - much less get anything out of it. The population will drop off as people realise this - making your job harder (that 50% bracket gets ever smaller). 

Or you can just put this mode down to one of 'those' ideas that WG had which was brilliant in concept but flawed in execution - like rampage, historical battles, national battles, etc. - go back to random battles and enjoy playing the game like everyone else. Let the unemployed/no-life/no-family basement-dwellers fight amongst themselves each evening for their extra 2.5% ROF rammers and whatever. I personally play this game to wind down after a day's work and have some mindless fun - ranked battles fulfils neither category. It doesn't even fulfil the skill-based 'ranked' concept particularly well as it is. 

Edited by Gvozdika, 14 June 2017 - 10:34 AM.

LR130 #5 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16464 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY

OP; forget Ranked Battles. This equipment is not wort the time/effort. Play RB when you have time, rank up til R3 just to get some bonds and rep/med/extiguisher. Also a little silver. If you have time, play til you have gotten the "Top 10" battle award to suck some more credits/kits/boosters etc. out of this mode. Use it to take your TX tanks for a spin. Forget to "try hard" as that will just suck your account dry. 

Yesterday i tried to rank up to level 4, but could not make it...up/down/up/down....between 3 and 4 the whole evening. I guess i just stay at level 3 this time as i feel i´m done with RB

Ankara_Aatu #6 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34516 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD

View PostLR130, on 14 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

OP; forget Ranked Battles. This equipment is not wort the time/effort. Play RB when you have time, rank up til R3 just to get some bonds and rep/med/extiguisher. Also a little silver. If you have time, play til you have gotten the "Top 10" battle award to suck some more credits/kits/boosters etc. out of this mode. Use it to take your TX tanks for a spin. Forget to "try hard" as that will just suck your account dry. 

Yesterday i tried to rank up to level 4, but could not make it...up/down/up/down....between 3 and 4 the whole evening. I guess i just stay at level 3 this time as i feel i´m done with RB

This. Yesterday I tried the ranked mode for the first time. I only have 2 tier 10 tanks, so I played my daily doubles in them in the ranked mode. Got to rank 1 (obviously), so got the reward for that. I might just leave it at that or maybe have a go at rank 2 or 3 during the week. Bonds seem to be very slow to obtain so I'm not going to worry about those.

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEnderman21, on 14 June 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I think you'll fall out of every league/rankings, by doing this. You need more points.

That's why i think it should be rewarded by average ( a certain amount of games is necessary ofc ) and just by "play a few rounds to get good stats then drop out" resting on one's laurels.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 14 June 2017 - 11:25 AM.

LR130 #8 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16464 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY

But you´ll get rewarded for highest rank reached at end of season/week. Some bonds and consumables/boosters

250swb #9 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I decided I didn't have time for playing ranked battles from the outset, so haven't played a single one. It seemed like I'd made a bad decision because everybody was saying how far they'd got and it was 'fun', but after the truth is revealed about the likelihood of progression and the reward/time analysis I'll just stick to trying to progress in Random Battles.

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20432 battles

Why? I only wanted some bonds, and got that just by playing a few games last week.

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20432 battles

View Post250swb, on 14 June 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

I decided I didn't have time for playing ranked battles from the outset, so haven't played a single one. It seemed like I'd made a bad decision because everybody was saying how far they'd got and it was 'fun', but after the truth is revealed about the likelihood of progression and the reward/time analysis I'll just stick to trying to progress in Random Battles.

You get 50k credits + 3x each premium consumables from literally one winning game if you are in top 12 (reaching rank 1). Thats 140k credits for basically a 5 minute game.

CoDiGGo #12 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14997 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0

Of course not, not grinding 20-40 hours for a 25% better rammer. 

And appart from reward/effort, is stupid-broken that you cant calculate now how many points you need to enter a particular league, making you grind in the ignorance. Just NO.

Edited by CoDiGGo, 14 June 2017 - 11:16 AM.

Enforcer1975 #13 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postdini2014, on 14 June 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Dear players

I am an average player who i value my time for playing the game quite high as i have many real life obligations. To be honest for this reason i spend few bucks more to cover this time lag and remain an average competitive player. Now wg has introduced a new interesting play mode the ranked battles.for me this instead of pleasure has created a big frustration. Its a huge time intensive mode with strict time frames and also quite toxic in chat sometimes. However if i want to gain some bonds and better equipement i have to follow the game rules which in my case will remove any pleasure of playing and relaxing. So WG has removed two basics that i had. One is choice of time allocation to the game and the second any other option to cap this time lag with other methods(even buying bonds with real money) of gaining the same advantages like those who will put more time and effort to ranked battles. Thus in my opinion the solution is either to give us options to obtain bonds with other methods or remove any in game competive advantage by changing the better equipment with other rewards. Thanks

As a working person it's hard to believe ( at least for me ) that you have that many real life obligations when you have double the games than me with only 4 months advantage.

dini2014 #14 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34233 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

View PostEnforcer1975, on 14 June 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

As a working person it's hard to believe ( at least for me ) that you have that many real life obligations when you have double the games than me with only 4 months advantage.

h4ctor #15 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16457 battles

well you need to play wot about 4 hours a day,ranked mode itself + farming credits either in random or SH...if you have other clan activities,you are basically looking at second job...and you cant take a break from it

how much is that worth to you? 

and its pretty clear those guys who really tryhard in ranked mode will simply not play randoms much,if at all - there is simply not enough time to do both for 99,99% of players

dini2014 #16 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34233 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
The problem is the time frame of the ranked battles. I have days impossible to play and others with more free time. Ranked battles are requiring commitment specific days and hours. Furthermore we are talking for your thoughts for the mode vs your pleasure and not who has more or less battles.thanks

Ankara_Aatu #17 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34516 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD

View PostTankkiPoju, on 14 June 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

You get 50k credits + 3x each premium consumables from literally one winning game if you are in top 12 (reaching rank 1). Thats 140k credits for basically a 5 minute game.

I think the rank 1 reward is 50k + standard consumables. But anyway it's good return for one game, or a couple if you don't happen to win at first try.

Havoc7926 #18 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

I just wouldn't bother if you need to be at the top of the rankings.  From the few games I've had I know I simply do not have the time, commitment or in game silver to play this mode much.  (don't have the skill either but I accept that)  Shame really because despite being a below average player of the game I was looking forward to a proper 'ranked' mode where I could potentially mark my progress over the months.  From what I've worked out so far this mode has nothing much to do with skill it's all about grinding and unless you can grind a lot at the time they tell you to grind then you drop out of any form of ranking thereby making tracking personal progress impossible.

I'm not down on the concept as a whole it's just doesn't hold any long term interest for me personally.  Sure I'll not get any sweet new equipment but the truth is that I play at a level where the bonuses they give wouldn't make any difference to my performance anyway!

Element6 #19 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The way the game currently is for me my time is better spent grinding T8/T9 tanks than playing Ranked, where most of the activity results in credit drain and low chance for gaining bonds to buy improved equipment. At my current rate, 15 consecutive defeats and one single win....getting anything worthwhile out of it is going to take ages.

Geno1isme #20 Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42750 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostEnderman21, on 14 June 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Sure you do, anyone not reaching at least rank 5 in each phase will likely not get a season reward. However you get the rank-specific phase rewards. And reaching rank 3 is doable in less than 10-15 games with just a minimal amount of luck. Afterwards it becomes grindy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users