Jump to content


First polish tank coming in 9.19.1


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

robezur6 #1 Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 42976 battles
  • 6,385
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

http://forum.worldof...e-odnosnie-191/

Well. That was unexpected. 

I guess it will be some kind of TKS or something like 25/TP .



Uebergewicht #2 Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 1,035
  • [ATD] ATD
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015
This also says that artillery can platoon again, if google translate is to be believed.

250swb #3 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21720 battles
  • 4,869
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
Changes to high tier Chinese tanks as well, some gun depression maybe, or a TD?

HeidenSieker #4 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,648
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostUebergewicht, on 14 June 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

This also says that artillery can platoon again, if google translate is to be believed.

 

There are a number of people I platooned with and we will be able to share games again (either playing SPG or another type).

 

So it's really good news, isn't it! Thank goodness WG have listened, this thing was the biggest problem with the last big patch.


Edited by HeidenSieker, 14 June 2017 - 04:39 PM.


spuriousmonkey #5 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42883 battles
  • 3,201
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011
I guess the Rudy is somewhat Polish isn't it?

gpalsson #6 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22134 battles
  • 8,117
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

View PostHeidenSieker, on 14 June 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

 

There are a number of people I platooned with and we will be able to share games again (either playing SPG or another type).

 

So it's really good news, isn't it! Thank goodness WG have listened, this thing was the biggest problem with the last big patch.

No, it's bad news



RamRaid90 #7 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20586 battles
  • 6,286
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostUebergewicht, on 14 June 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

This also says that artillery can platoon again, if google translate is to be believed.

 

Take google translate with a pinch of salt as it translates literally word for word. It does not think about tense or sentence structure.

 

FYI google translate was the problem when someone translated a russian announcement about russian tank buffs and it churned out that the T62a and Object 140 were getting buffs, when they are being reworked.


Edited by RamRaid90, 14 June 2017 - 04:44 PM.


Strappster #8 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Post250swb, on 14 June 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Changes to high tier Chinese tanks as well, some gun depression maybe, or a TD?

 

Changes doesn't necessarily mean buffs, they might be looking to nerf high-tier WZ lights thanks to all the players using them as mediums.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64443 battles
  • 15,455
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postgpalsson, on 14 June 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

No, it's bad news

 

It's only one arty pr platoon. Not 3. As more then 1 arty pr platoon would never work with the current stun mechanics. As then they would just wait to fire until the stun timer ran out. So their stuns don't overlap, but overtake instead. Thus effectively giving the option to perma stun anyone more or less constantly.

 

I can allow 1. But if they allowed 3, it would be more hell then all the rage they got from not allowing arty to platoon at all.

 

First Polish tank under the Polish flag? As in in it's own tech tree, or as part of RU etc? As Rudy is technically the first Polish tank.

 

And a new training mode? Like PVE? If so I suspect it will be heavily limited on how many can play it at any given time due to sever strain. Great place to test mods I suspect. As there is always a queue on the tutorial on patch day due to it.


Edited by Balc0ra, 14 June 2017 - 04:55 PM.


spuriousmonkey #10 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42883 battles
  • 3,201
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

View PostStrappster, on 14 June 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

 

Changes doesn't necessarily mean buffs, they might be looking to nerf high-tier WZ lights thanks to all the players using them as mediums.

 

How else can you use them? There are no bushes in city maps.

ellua #11 Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1160 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

New Polish T10 one:

 

 

no power creep at all  :trollface:



Sams_Baneblade #12 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16746 battles
  • 1,198
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012

View Postellua, on 14 June 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

New Polish T10 one:

 

 

no power creep at all  :trollface:

 

Dafuq is dat?

Balc0ra #13 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64443 battles
  • 15,455
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Is that not a minesweeper? As a big mig engine, and not a gun.

Quintuss #14 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25545 battles
  • 737
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 June 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Is that not a minesweeper? As a big mig engine, and not a gun.

 

Probably.

 

Could also be one of the prototypes that were designed for material-mass-decontamination: a jet engine that can basically "drive-by" decontaminate tanks.



Strappster #15 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 14 June 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

How else can you use them? There are no bushes in city maps.

 

Don't shoot the messenger. It's all speculation right now but given how light tanks were "balanced" by attempting to force them into a scout role, I wouldn't be surprised to see further nerfs since a number of players still don't take that approach. Maybe I'm being overly cynical, I hope I am, but after what we've seen recently I'm not counting any chickens.



BravelyRanAway #16 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22389 battles
  • 8,750
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 June 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Is that not a minesweeper? As a big mig engine, and not a gun.

 

Yes, it is a minesweeper, it didn't work as well as they thought it would......it was a bit more successful at putting out oil well fires.

jack_timber #17 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32474 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
Crap joke time...
What's the first Polish tank called?
Why Mr Sheen of course it will make a grand job of cleaning up on the battlefield:)

kripton69 #18 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1208 battles
  • 389
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 June 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

 

It's only one arty pr platoon. Not 3. As more then 1 arty pr platoon would never work with the current stun mechanics. As then they would just wait to fire until the stun timer ran out. So their stuns don't overlap, but overtake instead. Thus effectively giving the option to perma stun anyone more or less constantly.

 

I can allow 1. But if they allowed 3, it would be more hell then all the rage they got from not allowing arty to platoon at all.

 

First Polish tank under the Polish flag? As in in it's own tech tree, or as part of RU etc? As Rudy is technically the first Polish tank.

 

And a new training mode? Like PVE? If so I suspect it will be heavily limited on how many can play it at any given time due to sever strain. Great place to test mods I suspect. As there is always a queue on the tutorial on patch day due to it.

 

The problem is that one arty per platoon means more players will play it. That's the problem. Triple arty games are still pretty much unplayable and more players playing arty means more of those.

 

Too much credit is being given to the arty rework. It's less bad for the game than the old way but the main reason why the game feels so much more dynamic is because there are a lot less arties. Triple arty games are quite uncommon now while 0-1 per side battles are quite common. I will vouch for arty being able to platoon the day there's a hardcap of 1 per side though I get the feeling that we're just going through a period where nobody is currently playing arty but the numbers will eventually creep up after the initial shock and the massive raging will start again when the triple arty games become common.

 

The stun mechanic is better than 1-shots but triple arty games are still extremely unrewarding and work just like they did before the changes - people will camp because it's the only viable play.


Edited by kripton69, 14 June 2017 - 05:23 PM.


Shivva #19 Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29634 battles
  • 1,955
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View PostStrappster, on 14 June 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

 

Don't shoot the messenger. It's all speculation right now but given how light tanks were "balanced" by attempting to force them into a scout role, I wouldn't be surprised to see further nerfs since a number of players still don't take that approach. Maybe I'm being overly cynical, I hope I am, but after what we've seen recently I'm not counting any chickens.

 

Oh go on....;)

 

Any word about what tier the new tank is?


Edited by Shivva, 14 June 2017 - 05:52 PM.


magkiln #20 Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22659 battles
  • 731
  • [EKKE] EKKE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 June 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

 

It's only one arty pr platoon. Not 3. As more then 1 arty pr platoon would never work with the current stun mechanics. As then they would just wait to fire until the stun timer ran out. So their stuns don't overlap, but overtake instead. Thus effectively giving the option to perma stun anyone more or less constantly.

 That's not limited to platoons. If I see a tank had already been stunned, I watch the timer and wait if I think I'll still be able to hit him a few seconds later. And, yes, that will permastun him. It only makes sense to play that way.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users