Which Tanks Got The Women?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22089 battles

Hey guys,

Just wondering what tanks and nations you decided to place your precious female crew prizes you received from completing the personal missions? Like me, were you trying to maybe be as efficient as possible with them by placing them in tanks you not only like but that required the fewest crew or did you patiently save them up for that one special tank that may have required up to 6 crew? 

Thing is, probably like me, you started to complete these PM's early on in your WoT career and didn't really have a higher tier or undoubted favorite tank yet. As you know, once you claim these female crew for a nation you cannot change them to another nation later which is a pity and it's even rather expensive to swap them to a different tank class later and maybe change major qualification. I think I can honestly say I am happy with my decision. They really are a great asset with the instant SiA, a free skill or perk and the choice of the 3rd skill to grind making any tank instantly very good. Are you happy with your choice or have you regrets?

Edited by TungstenHitman, 14 June 2017 - 10:40 PM.

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22089 battles

It was a tough decision and I looked to get a tank fully crewed as soon as I could.. my first thoughts was my ELCbis since it only needed 2 crew and was, prior to the LT patch, one of my very favorites but I didn't.. and lucky I didn't hindsight. I also very nearly bought a SPIC with it's 3 crew but in the end I held out for what was my favorite tank at the time and still is one of favorites,

Spoiler

Then came the new Swedish TD lines and I got some more female crew, after grinding through the tiers I settled on what is definitely one of my favorite purist snipers in the game and a tank that only crews 3, better still

Spoiler

And last but not least, taking all the remainder of my female crew, (1 free Swede from the tier7 and 2 PM prizes) my latest and greatest, another purist sniper and again only needs 3 crew..

Spoiler

Edited by TungstenHitman, 14 June 2017 - 10:44 PM.

FluffyRedFox #3 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 22958 battles

British heavy tanks was my first set of 'em, by god was that a mistake but they've been all over the place. First they went into and out of my Caernarvon through the 4 or 5 times I bought and then sold it, then into the turretted TD line where they ended up in a Conway for a bit. After that, went back into the Caernarvon, finally grinded that out, placed them in the Conqueror and after I was done with that tank, they were put into my Crusader where they still are today.

My only other complete female crew from PM missions are Ulf jokes still a thing? are for the Chinese lights, went from my WZ-132 to my IS-2 then back to the WZ-132.

I'm not sure where to put my next set but I do have a Russian commander sat in my Valentine 2 who's waiting for me to buy the MT-25.

Hedgehog1963 #4 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51274 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

Three in Bat Chat 25t with a fourth who can stand in on my Tier VIII premium Frogmobiles.  I play the Lorraine 40t everyday and I'm beginning to grok the Ravioli.

Four in Charioteer

Three only (so far) T57 Heavy. Less of an issue since BIA/SOS are compatible.

Three in UDES 03

One as loader in Leo, which is a vehicle I do not intend to keep.   Don't know what her future is, but she didn't take much to get.

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16405 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I have 10 Female crew (disregarding the Swedish ones, who I think I even dismissed because I'm not going to grind Swedish tanks) and an 11th I could get but nowhere really to put her. The crews I got from the StuG IV and T28 HTC LT/MT/HT/TD Missions respectively went to the Chinese Lights and Heavies. I did the SPG Set at some point for the StuG IV, earning me the 9th Female crew member who went into the T69 As just a Loader so I could have Safe Stowage. The 10th came from SPG Missions for the T-55A (ignored the ones for the T28 HTC, only doing them for the T-55A Since I know I wouldn't do LT/MT/HT/TD Missions all with Honours and having done SPG-15, I've no reason to ever play arta again) and went into the T71 As a Commander to get Sixth Sense having bought that back for some LT Missions.

I mentioned the 11th, who I could get from the MT Missions for the T-55A But I've no tank with the need for the boost of a female crew member IMO. The combining of BiA/SiS Makes it more viable to just throw them into existing crews, but that would only be the case if say a tank went from 5 Crew members to 6 And I didn't want to just buy a new 75% Crew member. Even if I do the T-55A Missions, I dunno where I'd put the crew at all.

Eyesan #6 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66229 battles

Action X & FV4202 for my British ladies, T110e5 & Chrysler for my four US ones.  

I've 3 Swedes in my T9 TD usually alternating with my premium Strv, need one more Swede for a Kranvagen crew.  Eventually the Swedish TD ladies will move to the t10 TD if & when I grind to that.

I've two French ladies in my ELC, but think I'll move them into something else T10 once I (some distant day) get a third.  

Other than those, I've an odd Chinese, Japanese, German & Russian, which I can now use singly since the change to make sisters work with brothers.

SuperJimbo #7 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7849 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
My only tank with a female crew is my AMX 50-100. A fantastic tank! It was also the first tank I ever 2 marked.

Knight_Zao #8 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28964 battles

i Got:

3 in batchat

4 in T62-a

5 in T25 pilot/T92E5/M4

2 in JagPanzer E100

also 3 in Emil 1, and 2 spare swedish and 1 french in barracks

I was thinking about throwing gold at them all and making them all commanders for all my tanks, but would cost a fortune, so doubt i will do that!!!

fighting_falcon93 #9 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31024 battles
None untill we get the option to either change sound to male voices or to pick gender of personal mission crew. I can't stand the piii-piiiiiip-pii-piiiii in the middle of a battle, it sounds horrible and hilarious at the same time...

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22089 battles

View Postfishbob101, on 14 June 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

British heavy tanks was my first set of 'em, by god was that a mistake but they've been all over the place. First they went into and out of my Caernarvon through the 4 or 5 times I bought and then sold it, then into the turretted TD line where they ended up in a Conway for a bit. After that, went back into the Caernarvon, finally grinded that out, placed them in the Conqueror and after I was done with that tank, they were put into my Crusader where they still are today.

My only other complete female crew from PM missions are Ulf jokes still a thing? are for the Chinese lights, went from my WZ-132 to my IS-2 then back to the WZ-132.

I'm not sure where to put my next set but I do have a Russian commander sat in my Valentine 2 who's waiting for me to buy the MT-25.

How is that British turreted TD line? any good? Was actually very tempted to go down the British HT line when I first started playing this game, on paper, to an utter noob as I was at the time with no idea of the game much, I saw the British tanks as looking like the better choice over the Soviet and and US lines since they had WAYYY better accuracy and aim times than the Soviet HTs and better pen than pretty much every line tier for tier I think but later discovered they were not all that.. I wonder why? what's wrong with the British HTs? From tier8 upward they appear to get very good mobility, view range, amazing gun handling and pen.. where has it all gone horribly wrong? I'd love to try but no way I'm putting up grinding through those really slow lower tier ones.. no way in hell

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:50 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16405 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 14 June 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

None untill we get the option to either change sound to male voices or to pick gender of personal mission crew. I can't stand the piii-piiiiiip-pii-piiiii in the middle of a battle, it sounds horrible and hilarious at the same time...

Elkano has a mod that makes all crew voices the female versions respectively, so it's most likely possible to do the reverse of that. You could ask him in the respective thread for it;

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/631402-091901-elkanos-all-female-voices-v10/

magkiln #12 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24179 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 June 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

How is that British turreted TD line? any good? Was actually very tempted to go down the British HT line when I first started playing this game, on paper, to an utter noob as I was at the time with no idea of the game much, I saw the British tanks as looking like the better choice over the Soviet and and US lines since they had WAYYY better accuracy and aim times than the Soviet HTs and better pen than pretty much every line tier for tier I think but later discovered they were not all that.. I wonder why? what's wrong with the British HTs? From tier8 upward they appear to get very good mobility, view range, amazing gun handling and pen.. where has it all gone horribly wrong? I'd love to try but no way I'm putting up grinding through those really slow lower tier ones.. no way in hell

Challenger is terrible, It's like a hellcat, but without the 90 mm gun. Except, it's at tier 7 and doesn't even have a gun mantlet. On top of that, you lose all cammo the moment you fire. So, you end up taking one shot, removing a tiny sliver of health and then running for your life.

The Charioteer, on the other hand, is quite good, once you get the 105 mm gun. Basically it becomes a cross between a Waffentrager and a light tank. To be honest, I'm surprised it doesn't get played more. I suspect it's part because of  the horrible grind of the Challenger, and part because the other Britsh TD line is preferred (They all want to drive a Deathstar).

As for the heavy tanks, It's a mixed batch. The Churchill I and the Black Prince are actually ok. Boring, but they work. The CHurchill 7 is terrible and the Carenarvon is basically a slow medium, instead of a heavy. On the other hand, once you have the Conqueror with the 120 mm, the actual fun begins. Then again, I don't think the tier 10 is worth buying, so I'll probably stop at tier 9 with this line. (Unless they ever introduce the CHieftan)

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61249 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
T-54
T49
E50
Bat-chat 25t
Emil I
Cromwell (just commander)

Isharial #14 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19700 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

SU-100 had 4 crew

T-34-1 has currently got 2, was working on a full female crew prior to the change

I have a german female commander as well, as I did initially start doing german TD, then stopped and changed nations to the Chinese tanks

and the Swedish girls reside in the T1 Swedish tank as I have nowhere else for them to go and didn't want them clogging up barracks space

I guess I was slightly annoyed that I had put a 2nd girl in the T-34-1 when I didn't need to, as well as having others in the SU-100.. I could have used them all for commanders, but life happens

I feel sorry for those that already have all the PM's done and have them set for nations they no longer play

Edited by Isharial, 15 June 2017 - 12:52 AM.

LR130 #15 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16464 battles
  • [DECOY] DECOY
Shitbarn, Ru251 ad Strv.103

Edited by LR130, 15 June 2017 - 10:51 AM.

Mosjmosh #16 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38337 battles

3 in Batchat 25t

6 in Grille 

4 in T49

4 in AMX 30 

3 in UDES 03

3 in Emil I

1 in Skoda T50 (commander)

Balc0ra #17 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

4 in the T49 "been there all the time "Stug IV reward crew"

4 in the Archer "3th tank as the first one was not a keeper after all, T28 HTC reward crew"

4 in the AMX 30 "still not stared that grind, T-55A reward crew"

2 in the T69 "2nd tank they are in. Two of them are normal crew with BIA. One from Rampage, one from the Obj. No more needed as BIA now works with them.

The following 3 are basically the 5th crew from the 3 first tank rewards"

1 in the UDES 03 "commander, rest is normal crew with BIA"

1 in the KV-1S "rest is normal 2 skilled crew with BIA"

1 in the Ikv 103 "rest is normal 2 skilled crew with BIA"

2 in the Swedish Leo "Obj crew 2 and 3"

4 in the Strv 74 "Xmas crew thingy"

rado84 #18 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18984 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 June 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Hey guys,

Just wondering what tanks and nations you decided to place your precious female crew prizes you received from completing the personal missions? Like me, were you trying to maybe be as efficient as possible with them by placing them in tanks you not only like but that required the fewest crew or did you patiently save them up for that one special tank that may have required up to 6 crew? 

Thing is, probably like me, you started to complete these PM's early on in your WoT career and didn't really have a higher tier or undoubted favorite tank yet. As you know, once you claim these female crew for a nation you cannot change them to another nation later which is a pity and it's even rather expensive to swap them to a different tank class later and maybe change major qualification. I think I can honestly say I am happy with my decision. They really are a great asset with the instant SiA, a free skill or perk and the choice of the 3rd skill to grind making any tank instantly very good. Are you happy with your choice or have you regrets?

I haven't decided yet but considering the general performance of my tanks lately, I think I'll go with Americans and their tank destroyers (mostly for the reason that the American TDs increased my wn8 with 16 points in 3 days). I have 2 American ladies on my T28 Prototype. Even with 2 ladies in it, it performs a lot better than a certain German TD with 3 ladies in it.

PowJay #19 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

My first all female crew is trained for the Rhm Borsig, and used in the E25 and StuG IV. The second complete crew is used in the T28 HTC as there are only a couple of US TDs with the same crew layout  (which I don't own) so, for now, they are exclusive to this vehicle. 

The final PM crew members are trained for the E50, because the E50M isn't listed for reasons I've not explored.

The Swedish ladies are being used for TDs, but I'm waiting for half priced crew training for the tier VI.

Infine #20 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18464 battles

When I left there were no PMMs and female crews. Got back just before 9.18 and a couple of weeks before SoS/BiA announcement, so I have an option of spreading them thin.

Full crews are in Strv-103 (not the christmas crew - I wasn't around back then) and T54E1 (should have been in T57, but no monies for that yet, so they are training on the smaller tank. The original T54E1 crew is waiting on the bench and will return back).

A couple are currently in O-Ni. That's when I learned you only need commanders.

AMX 50 100 commander, but I honestly can't play that tank.

Obj. 416 commander is the latest addition from T-55A MT-15. Which was ironically completed in the very same Obj. 416.

Now 4 to spread from the rest of the T-55A tree. One will go as the T-55A commander. 3 others I dunno. Maybe one for Cent 7/1, one for something german (but I don't play german tanks much except for Lowe. Couldn't find tanks that I actually like except maybe VK45A, which is tier 8 with bad pen gun in the current meta with the current MM). Maybe should grind Emil for the last one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users