Jump to content


Chrysler and the Premium problem.


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Hellmut34 #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16554 battles
  • 12
  • [TFVS] TFVS
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

For those that are angry about the Chrysler, don't worry as WG will do to the same to this in time as they do with a lot of the premiums, make it brilliant for a while and then stealth nerf the crap out of it as soon as another new shiny comes out and they want money for that.

Have you ever noticed that the "Premium of the week" performs like a god for that period of time, and then goes to crapthe minute there is another "Premium of the week".

I have been made a mug out of too many times and refused to get the Chrysler and I thought that I wouldn't be drawn into this style of business again.

Then at the weekend the Jagdtiger 88 was on "Special" and like an idiot i got it. It performed brilliantly right up until the SkorpionG offer came out and lo and behold it now performs and acts like crap. I mean I literally see awful dispersion and bounces all the time now. If that isn't deliberately done for business sense then I don't know what is!!!

The only way to stop this is to stop playing the game period. I don't want to stop, but I feel utterly let down by deliberate bait and switches from WG all the time now.

Sorry for what might sound like a rant, but I Love this game and the recent obvious money grabbing has left a sour taste.
Yes I'm the idiot for falling for it and I am certainly not a good player (average), but surely we need to do something about this as a community.

 


Edited by Hellmut34, 15 June 2017 - 11:07 AM.


signal11th #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37079 battles
  • 5,707
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

err the Chrysler wasn't that great the first time I played it and the scorpion g still plays as well as the first time I played it, yes there's some (!!!!!!!!!!) power creep in newer tanks but are you going to buy a tank for 30 euros that's identical or lesser performing that the one you bought last year? You don't buy a car that's worse than the one you just sold do you?

 

Jtiger 8.8 is poor anyway anyone could have told you that. Most of these tanks are bought by idiots that believe everything a streamer/the crowd tells them and the streamer is usually a player who is at a level 95% of the viewers of his stream will never achieve so why are you/people buying stuff on the recommendations of players who aren't of their skill level, just because Aryton Senna could make a car go round a corner at 170mph doesn't mean I can just because he says it can..


Edited by signal11th, 15 June 2017 - 11:15 AM.


JuliusCheddar #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29619 battles
  • 564
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014
Was there really a need for another thread about this 

Jigabachi #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,027
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostHellmut34, on 15 June 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

If that isn't deliberately done for business sense then I don't know what is!!!

It's called delusion.



Hellmut34 #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16554 battles
  • 12
  • [TFVS] TFVS
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

View Postsignal11th, on 15 June 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

err the Chrysler wasn't that great the first time I played it and the scorpion g still plays as well as the first time I played it, yes there's some (!!!!!!!!!!) power creep in newer tanks but are you going to buy a tank for 30 euros that's identical or lesser performing that the one you bought last year? You don't buy a car that's worse than the one you just sold do you?

 

Jtiger 8.8 is poor anyway anyone could have told you that. Most of these tanks are bought by idiots that believe everything a streamer/the crowd tells them and the streamer is usually a player who is at a level 95% of the viewers of his stream will never achieve so why are you/people buying stuff on the recommendations of players who aren't of their skill level, just because Aryton Senna could make a car go round a corner at 170mph doesn't mean I can just because he says it can..

 

I Can't argue with the logic shown here, and yes I was drawn in like an idiot (put my hands up to that).

But you can't tell me that there aren't deliberate stealth nerfs done as I notice a tank can be arrow true during a sale period and then go to crap after it ends (have seen this a few times).
I keep promising myself not to get roped in each time, but I guess this game has that hold.
Starting to wear flipping thin now though.

signal11th #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37079 battles
  • 5,707
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View PostHellmut34, on 15 June 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

 

I Can't argue with the logic shown here, and yes I was drawn in like an idiot (put my hands up to that).

But you can't tell me that there aren't deliberate stealth nerfs done as I notice a tank can be arrow true during a sale period and then go to crap after it ends (have seen this a few times).
I keep promising myself not to get roped in each time, but I guess this game has that hold.
Starting to wear flipping thin now though.

 

Oh I can't disagree with your post entirely, T54-Prot 1, T34-3, Mutz, Panther 8.8, IS-6 and countless others I don't play anymore basically because why should I handicap myself playing them before the battle even starts because frankly newer tanks I have bought out-perform them by a fair stretch. I think the Mutz has to go down with the fastest power-crept tank in the game.

Edited by signal11th, 15 June 2017 - 11:31 AM.


Aikl #7 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25547 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

People just learn how to counter them. For something like the Chrysler, it's either press '2' twice or flank it. For the Scorpion, it's press '3' twice and flank it.

 

The Chrysler or Defender would in a sense be more effective if it had weakspots - people would likely spam less premium ammo.

 

In E-75, if I see an IS-7, I'm more than happy to shoot his lower plate or beak with AP. If I meet a Type 5 or Maus, there aren't really any weakspots to shoot, so might as well press '2' twice. It's a circle of life... :P



TankkiPoju #8 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20370 battles
  • 6,196
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostAikl, on 15 June 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

The Chrysler or Defender would in a sense be more effective if it had weakspots - people would likely spam less premium ammo.

 

Probably not. 

 

Last time I checked Defender has two glaringly huge weakspots in turret - the exactly same weakspots IS-6 has had since the day it was introduced, and most people dont even shoot those.



gpalsson #9 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 22134 battles
  • 8,117
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

wow, price on tinfoil just went sky high!



Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #10 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15159 battles
  • 3,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Ahhhhh.... so that's what the mini patches are for! OP, I think you're onto something! Wargaming is blatantly cheating on us!

Give us our money back :izmena:

 

 

Ok... now back to normal. Wargaming is not nerfing and buffing tanks on such short notice. JT88 has been crap for ages, and you must have had a lucky streak in it. 

The Chrysler is somewhat balanced for having a not so good gun, but the defender's armour is just too trollishing good.

The SkorpionG is good, and it might be said too good for being a premium.

But it isn't just changing around the time it's on sale. That's just your imagination playing up.


Edited by Ze_HOFF_fverhoef, 15 June 2017 - 12:04 PM.


qpranger #11 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32458 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Postgpalsson, on 15 June 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

wow, price on tinfoil just went sky high!

 

No worries, I stocked up ages ago.

gpalsson #12 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22134 battles
  • 8,117
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

View Postqpranger, on 15 June 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

 

No worries, I stocked up ages ago.

 

then SELL! You will be rich in notime.

RSAGhost #13 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 39922 battles
  • 411
  • [ORZY] ORZY
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014
Well when i saw the chrysler k i thought oky there is alot of people angry about the release of this tank but still alot of people will buy it so fck it im getting myself another GF this one  is a bit heavier around the waste but fck it.

Hedgehog1963 #14 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51282 battles
  • 7,473
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View Postsignal11th, on 15 June 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

 

Oh I can't disagree with your post entirely, T54-Prot 1, T34-3, Mutz, Panther 8.8, IS-6 and countless others I don't play anymore basically because why should I handicap myself playing them before the battle even starts because frankly newer tanks I have bought out-perform them by a fair stretch. I think the Mutz has to go down with the fastest power-crept tank in the game.

 

Thing is T-34-3 was always a poor vehicle.  Never has been any good.

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 15 June 2017 - 12:59 PM.


15JG52Brauer #15 Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75275 battles
  • 550
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
Well if they have been stealth nerfed it should be easy for someone to do some "tankingwithscience" like comparisons to show it - all you would need are some replays from the period where you had laser like accuracy to compare against some post nerf and try and objectiveley measure things like how quickly your tanks aims, how many shots hit etc etc - of course ideally you would test it under controlled conditions during the inital sale week (in a training room like 4tankersandadog does) and then later when it is supposedley "nerfed" - but no one has ever done this , and I expect if anyone ever bothered it would not support the op's hypothesis that they were stealth nerfed. Possibly in the first week you got lucky more often than not, but as is the way in a game built up around random team selection and map choice etc there is always the chance you will get a run of maps that dont work for that tank, and teams that are better than yours or have tanks that can counter yours. Edit - Just wanted to say though - I do agree that the obvious money grabs do leave a sour taste in the mouth , even if I have spent way to much on this game over the years myself, I dont think any of us should be able to buy tanks that are better than their tech tree counterparts - I must confess I did buy the Object 252u and feel too guilty to play it much in randoms for that very reason, and managed to keep some willpower and not buy the Chrysler GF (I have the collecting bug - but managed to hold out this time lol)

Edited by 15JG52Brauer, 15 June 2017 - 01:06 PM.


qpranger #16 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32458 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Postgpalsson, on 15 June 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

 

then SELL! You will be rich in notime.

 

No, I need it myself.

Bora_BOOM #17 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22656 battles
  • 2,938
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View Postqpranger, on 15 June 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

No, I need it myself.

 

Some tips for you, just to break up the monotony while using it:

 

https://illuminaughtyboutique.wordpress.com/2014/04/27/29-tin-foil-hats-that-will-blow-your-mind/

 

:trollface:

 

 



BP_OMowe #18 Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24764 battles
  • 2,047
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View PostHellmut34, on 15 June 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

For those that are angry about the Chrysler, don't worry as WG will do to the same to this in time as they do with a lot of the premiums, make it brilliant for a while and then stealth nerf the crap out of it as soon as another new shiny comes out and they want money for that.

Have you ever noticed that the "Premium of the week" performs like a god for that period of time, and then goes to crapthe minute there is another "Premium of the week".

I have been made a mug out of too many times and refused to get the Chrysler and I thought that I wouldn't be drawn into this style of business again.

Then at the weekend the Jagdtiger 88 was on "Special" and like an idiot i got it. It performed brilliantly right up until the SkorpionG offer came out and lo and behold it now performs and acts like crap. I mean I literally see awful dispersion and bounces all the time now. If that isn't deliberately done for business sense then I don't know what is!!!

The only way to stop this is to stop playing the game period. I don't want to stop, but I feel utterly let down by deliberate bait and switches from WG all the time now.

Sorry for what might sound like a rant, but I Love this game and the recent obvious money grabbing has left a sour taste.
Yes I'm the idiot for falling for it and I am certainly not a good player (average), but surely we need to do something about this as a community.

 

 

There is no "stealth nerf", just a boost given during sales (see Kellerman's video on the 112), after which the tank goes back to normal.

Edited by BP_OMowe, 16 June 2017 - 08:42 PM.


Hellmut34 #19 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:25 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16554 battles
  • 12
  • [TFVS] TFVS
  • Member since:
    08-23-2011

View PostBP_OMowe, on 15 June 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

 

There is no "stealth nerf", just a bost given during sales (see Kellerman's video on the 112), after which the tank goes back to normal.

 

That is more or less where I am coming from (just a different angle on it).

So you get your new shiny and it performs well for a few days, then it goes back to where it should be.
That is in fact a stealth nerf as you don't know when that will be and at that point you are used to the tank performing in a certain way.

signal11th #20 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37079 battles
  • 5,707
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View PostHellmut34, on 16 June 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

 

That is more or less where I am coming from (just a different angle on it).

So you get your new shiny and it performs well for a few days, then it goes back to where it should be.
That is in fact a stealth nerf as you don't know when that will be and at that point you are used to the tank performing in a certain way.

 

Couldn't that really be equated to people don't know how to deal with the new tank for a little while and then eventually they learn how to pen/deal with it?? I mean I'm just trying to be logical here.....




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users