Private

• Player
  • 19745 battles

hello

In sand river map i went to this place in screen shot

and i got stucked and couldnt move 1 inch 

my connection was perfect and after i got stuck lowe tank killed me :/

i reported it and the support said its a connection problem 

dose any one got stuck in this place  like me? 

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_002.jpg   779.7K
  • Attached File   shot_001.jpg   815.49K

Kozzy #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

Jeez, looks like you play a version of WoT that is rendered using a 2005 iteration of WoW's engine.

I would put money on you being stuck on a rock (with your tracks either side of it) but because your polygon count is so low it is not rendering the whole rock.  Also, I believe this same location has caught out others with similarly amusing results.

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
^
What he said. Don't be cheap, try to join 2017 hardware wise or at least get close.

azakow #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 76804 battles

Would you mind providing the replay?

I am asking to make sure my hardware is sufficent.

Thank you.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322
Lower terrain details setting will remove some of the terrain and thus may get you stuck on terrain which you can't see, but most certainly is there. Response from Support of course is laughable, but that's to be expected.

Strappster #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 24828 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostALnajmalthaqeb, on 15 June 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

hello

In sand river map i went to this place in screen shot

and i got stucked and couldnt move 1 inch 

my connection was perfect and after i got stuck lowe tank killed me :/

i reported it and the support said its a connection problem 

dose any one got stuck in this place  like me? 

Lots of people. It's not a bug as such, there's a rock there which catches a lot of people out because the rock isn't modelled when you play with low detail terrain graphics but its hit box is. Here's a similar shot from a previous thread on the subject with the terrain drawn in.

Basically, you beached your tank driving over an invisible rock. What's really fun is that this isn't the only place on Sand River where that happens, there's another spot on the other side of the river bed.

You're not the first player to find it, you won't be the last. Getting stuck on those rocks is a rite of passage for playing Sand River. At least you didn't get stuck there when playing with high enough graphics settings to see the rocks like some people do ... ;)

Yeah, me. :rolleyes:

Jigabachi #7 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's a well known problem with the quality settings. It's rather sad that the support once again failed to provide proper advice...

Anyway. Throw out your solar-powered calculator you play the game on and get a proper PC. Everything from ~2008 on works fine.

Oh... btw: There is still some WoT visible on your mods.

azakow #8 Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 76804 battles

I just noticed, clown camos seem to be working though.

Impressive!

I bet, a better hardware would also support softkills at the keyboard.

View PostStrappster, on 15 June 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Lots of people. It's not a bug as such, there's a rock there which catches a lot of people out because the rock isn't modelled when you play with low detail terrain graphics but its hit box is. Here's a similar shot from a previous thread on the subject with the terrain drawn in.

Basically, you beached your tank driving over an invisible rock. What's really fun is that this isn't the only place on Sand River where that happens, there's another spot on the other side of the river bed.

You're not the first player to find it, you won't be the last. Getting stuck on those rocks is a rite of passage for playing Sand River. At least you didn't get stuck there when playing with high enough graphics settings to see the rocks like some people do ... ;)

Yeah, me. :rolleyes:

I assume WG's hope is to pospone fixing current maps, because the "new" maps will be much better at such "minor flaws".

:trollface:

Edited by azakow, 15 June 2017 - 02:49 PM.

Homer_J #9 Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29055 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Oh look it's that rock again (pics from a previous thread).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Turn your details up from potato to, I dunno, maybe lemon?

Edited by Homer_J, 15 June 2017 - 03:06 PM.

DurtiArry #10 Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 58818 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

Whats the lime green paint job all about? Some form of weakspot mod?

Jigabachi #11 Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDurtiArry, on 15 June 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Whats the lime green paint job all about? Some form of weakspot mod?

Hintzone skins. Those are pretty old...

HJN #12 Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31721 battles
  • [DKPB] DKPB

First of all. You did not get killed by a Löve as the first picture clearly show the Löve is dead and you are not.

Second: Get rid of all those junk mods you have installed. You are suppose to play a WWll tank game NOT watch the circus.

Third: I'm pretty sure overlay mods that show tanks weekspots, here sprocket whees,l is illegal.

Fourth: All those mods do have an impact on your client performance, so that's one reason you are probably play with to low settings.

Fifth: You don't have to chance the settings to much to see those rocks. Below is my settings (Danish client, but you can figure it out).

Spoiler

sixth: As other has pointet out. Seeing those rocks is no guarantee​ you won't get stuck on them :-(

Seventh: Ever peeked out from behind a rockside to shoot at a tank, only to get a ghost shell? Same thing. Your client don't show the true outline of the rock so you are actually shooting into it.

GL out there.

Karasu_Hidesuke #13 Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16161 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
In the past it was possible to spawn inside a rock (Karelia). In one game I had a weird bug, the screen went black except for my tank iirc.. I lost all control, crashed to desktop I think, came back to find my tank at the bottom of the pit totalled and shot up as a complete wreck.

Edited by Browarszky, 15 June 2017 - 08:26 PM.

Element6 #14 Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29386 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Turn terrain detail up to max, and then jump down a step if your computer has issues running with those settings. Compared to other "eye candy" graphics, terrain doesn't require that much from your computer.

Strappster #15 Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 24828 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHJN, on 15 June 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Second: Get rid of all those junk mods you have installed. You are suppose to play a WWll tank game NOT watch the circus.

Unless you stop playing all the lines around tier 7, you're not playing a WWII tank game either. And while I agree that a lot of mods are junk, your telling him how to play his game makes me want to install anime tank skins for everything. It's his game, he can play it however he wants. At least he was trying to take his heavy tank into battle, not sitting on a ridge at the back of the map hoping the enemy would drive into render distance before all his spotters had been wrecked.

View PostHJN, on 15 June 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Third: I'm pretty sure overlay mods that show tanks weekspots, here sprocket whees,l is illegal.

They were when the fair play policy was first announced but that was rescinded on the first update with a wishy-washy "we're keeping an eye on it". General consensus was a surge of complaints from a certain market led to its removal (no prizes for guessing which one). WG have said that they're looking at options and in-garage viewers are a positive thing to aid learning so I'm hoping that WG will update their preview with something similar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users