9.19.1 changes - 1 arty in platoon, new tutorial mode, changes to PM's, MM FIX and more

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

_EXODUZ_ #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34635 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Source: https://vk.com/wall-70226354_756755 (in Russian)

Basically:

- New PL tenk

- 1 arty per platoon

- Stun effect adds up if you want to grind MOE with SPG's

- New tutorial for beginners

- New tier 10 Chinese heavy

- 113 gun depression (sides) -5 to -7

- 121 gun depression -3.5 to -5

- Re-worked female voices

- Some HD tenks

- Changes to personal missions

- MM fix (even team templates)

Basically you can uninstall and enjoy your summer. :trollface:

Edited by _EXODUZ_, 15 June 2017 - 04:51 PM.

CoDiGGo #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14873 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR
Eu version https://vk.com/wall-127481957_78

Junglist_ #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36006 battles

So none of the before mentioned buffs to both researchable and prem vehicles (mainly USSR) ?

Well except those gun depression buffs for Chinese T10s.

And instead allowing people to platoon with arty and changes to the stun.

Awesome, here comes 3 arty per game EVERY SINGLE BATTLE. At least for a week after the patch...

Swoopie #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28123 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostJunglist_, on 15 June 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

So none of the before mentioned buffs to both researchable and prem vehicles (mainly USSR) ?

Awesome, here comes 3 arty per game EVERY SINGLE BATTLE. At least for a week after the patch...

The USSR buffs were false info and never planned for 9.19.1

Junglist_ #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36006 battles

View PostSwoopie, on 15 June 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

The USSR buffs were false info and never planned for 9.19.1

Meh and here I was hoping they will address the powercreep and buff the obsolete tanks, obviously starting with USSR tanks.. (since they won't nerf prem tanks)

DorsVenabiIi #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22158 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

View PostJunglist_, on 15 June 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

But there can only be one arty in a platoon though, artillery will still not be able to platoon with other artillery, there will only be max one arty per platoon.

brumbarr #7 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
Added the new researchable Tier X WZ-111-5A heavy tank to the Chinese branch. The vehicle will replace the 113 and can be researched through the WZ-111-4.
- In this connection, the 113 will be become a Premium vehicle.

Why WG why?
Why replace a perfectly fine tank with something noone asked for? Dafuck

Junglist_ #8 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36006 battles

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 15 June 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

But there can only be one arty in a platoon though, artillery will still not be able to platoon with other artillery, there will only be max one arty per platoon.

True and tbh I didn't really understand their decision in the 1st place about not allowing even 1 in platoon but IMO loads of ppl will be taking out their SPGs again so there might be a noticeable increase of them which I'm not looking forward to.

Oh well it could be worse..

Cobra6 #9 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Still not Batchat25t and STB-1 in HD though, you know, tanks people actually care about....

And lets not give the Chinese massive guns a drawback at all in terms of gun depression, let's just give them as much as the Germans for no reason. Lets make all tanks the same!

Cobra 6

Achibot #10 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17959 battles
  • [HUSH-] HUSH-
Any time-frame for when this patch goes live?

CoDiGGo #11 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14873 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR

View PostJunglist_, on 15 June 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Meh and here I was hoping they will address the powercreep and buff the obsolete tanks, obviously starting with USSR tanks.. (since they won't nerf prem tanks)

To address powercreep nerfs will be better imo, buffs are only more powercreep

clixor #12 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50427 battles

HT-6 change.. i'm . confused.. wg listening AND taking action.

Total shock.

Snake_Keeper #13 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8587 battles

Tiger 217..the Otto Carius Tiger.

So are we getting 131 or is it going to be some sort of reward for tankfest visitors only...:confused:

ExclamationMark #14 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

MM fix (even team templates)

So specific. :mellow:

Megahard #15 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16892 battles

Unpopular opinion. Buff BC 155 55.

48 mm of pen... plus RNG with pen. Sometimes that means you cant even pen Scorpion G if RNG f**kes you with pen.

Tier 9 GW 53 mm. 212a 52 mm. FV 46mm (+ way bigger splash radius + bigger average damage). M53/55 52mm.

Naturally all of them have bigger splash and stun radius +  all of them got de facto buffed and are now more precise. BC 155 55 was one of ˝normal˝ arties that couldn't (usually) one shot enemy tanks. Now it's just ruined. Why should I play BC now when all of the other arties are now precise like BC was pre nerf. Better rate of fire? Here's a funny story. Maus. I hit him. 0 damage. I reload in like 24 seconds. Shoot. Again direct hit by a tier 9 arty 0. And when you do hit it's usually something like 100-250.

So now Maus and Type 5 are more or less safe from some arties. So wtf do I do? Yup I aim at light and meds. And then lights and meds come here on the forum crying that arty is now more precise and that arty players now shoot only meds and lights.

Removing AP ammo on arties was a good decision. But buffing precision of some arties wasn't a good idead, and lowering the HE pen on some arties wasn't a good idea. SOME arties were broken, but as always WG fucked up and just nerfed the pen of all arties. And BC had the lowest pen even before the nerf. Now it can't even pen Scorpions sometimes and does next to nothing to heavy tanks.

Maus isn't just OP because of buffed armor it's also OP because some arties now just avoid firing on Maus. I can hit Maus and do next to nothing or I can go for some helpless tier 8 heavy and do something decent like 300-400. Guess what I choose to do in those situations.

BC 155 55 wasn't OP other arties were M53/55 is now even better than before in my opinion. I won't even discuss how ruined the tier 10 BC 155 58 is now. You get a 3 shot autoloader that can't pen anything and has like 45 seconds reload.

So yeah it was wrong to nerf arties that did not deserve to get nerfed. BC is fast you say? You can relocate you say? You have a turret ( oh yeah and turret traverse got nerfed also)? What's the point of that if I have trouble penning tanks with no armor.... oh yeah and the splash radius is a [edited]joke. So no splash radius, even when you hit you do next to nothing compared to other tier 9 arties. Oh yeah you have a fast reload so you can shoot even more useless shots.

Nerf reload time on BC to like 30 seconds I don't care just buff the pen a bit. It doesn't have to be much just make it competitive because it's a joke compared to other tier 9 arties. BC had one thing going for it: It was precise compared to other tier 9 arties now all of them are as precise as BC was pre nerf .... so BC is now just straight out useless.

Let's not even discuss how BC has a low firing arc so it can't hit some spots other tier 9 arties can. It also has no gun depression so once lights and meds come close to you, you literally can't hit them because they are under your gun. But those are the problems BC had before the nerf so I won't get into all that.

And yeah and nerf Maus and Type 5. I see a lot of tier 8 tanks just drowning themselves when they see that enemy team has Maus. It's [edited]retarded that some tier 8's have trouble penning the side of Maus even with gold. In hands of over 50% win % player Maus is more or less an autowin. Only tactic against Maus? Load HEAT and have a 30k-40k resupply bill.

Edited by Megahard, 15 June 2017 - 06:17 PM.

HeidenSieker #16 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostCoDiGGo, on 15 June 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

"- Changed camera settings in the alternative aiming mode. Reduced camera sensitivity to minor irregularities. "

I thought the "aiming improvements" might be something like that.

Still, I'm not very keen on the "alternative aiming mode", so I guess I won't notice!

_EXODUZ_ #17 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34635 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostExclamationMark, on 15 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

MM fix (even team templates)

So specific. :mellow:

- Matchmaking within particular tiers. The mismatch in the number of light tanks, tank destroyers, SPGs, and Platoons within each particular tier will be decreased. For example, this improvement will decrease the number of battles where one of the teams has a light tank at the top of the team list, while the enemy light tank is at the bottom of the team list.

Enforcer1975 #18 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20708 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So we get a Panther with either a rasha 85mm or 100mm gun? Cant be that bad considering rasha guns are more accurate, right?

Good thing they actually made 1 arty possible in platoons. Really stupid idea not to think about that in the first place.

Looking forward to how they want to eff up MM even further. I took my HTC out for a spin  ( 1 game only ) and actually expected a tier 8 game full of Defenders and other broken tanks only to find myself as top tier in a 3 tier game...last time i went ahead and took two tanks out for their first ride i was low tier in a 3 tier game..much fun almost stock.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 15 June 2017 - 06:23 PM.

tankzman #19 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 63682 battles

View PostMegahard, on 15 June 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

I won't even discuss how ruined the tier 10 BC 155 58 is now. You get a 3 shot autoloader that can't pen anything and has like 45 seconds reload.

It cant even damage many tier 10 heavies now even when it hits them, it just bounces off. Easily the worst arty... and close to useless. 

WindSplitter1 #20 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

View PostMegahard, on 15 June 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Unpopular opinion. Buff BC 155 55.

48 mm of pen... plus RNG with pen. Sometimes that means you cant even pen Scorpion G if RNG f**kes you with pen.

Tier 9 GW 53 mm. 212a 52 mm. FV 46mm (+ way bigger splash radius + bigger average damage). M53/55 52mm.

Naturally all of them have bigger splash and stun radius +  all of them got de facto buffed and are now more precise. BC 155 55 was one of ˝normal˝ arties that couldn't (usually) one shot enemy tanks. Now it's just ruined. Why should I play BC now when all of the other arties are now precise like BC was pre nerf. Better rate of fire? Here's a funny story. Maus. I hit him. 0 damage. I reload in like 24 seconds. Shoot. Again direct hit by a tier 9 arty 0. And when you do hit it's usually something like 100-250.

So now Maus and Type 5 are more or less safe from some arties. So wtf do I do? Yup I aim at light and meds. And then lights and meds come here on the forum crying that arty is now more precise and that arty players now shoot only meds and lights.

Removing AP ammo on arties was a good decision. But buffing precision of some arties wasn't a good idead, and lowering the HE pen on some arties wasn't a good idea. SOME arties were broken, but as always WG fucked up and just nerfed the pen of all arties. And BC had the lowest pen even before the nerf. Now it can't even pen Scorpions sometimes and does next to nothing to heavy tanks.

Maus isn't just OP because of buffed armor it's also OP because some arties now just avoid firing on Maus. I can hit Maus and do next to nothing or I can go for some helpless tier 8 heavy and do something decent like 300-400. Guess what I choose to do in those situations.

BC 155 55 wasn't OP other arties were M53/55 is now even better than before in my opinion. I won't even discuss how ruined the tier 10 BC 155 58 is now. You get a 3 shot autoloader that can't pen anything and has like 45 seconds reload.

So yeah it was wrong to nerf arties that did not deserve to get nerfed. BC is fast you say? You can relocate you say? You have a turret ( oh yeah and turret traverse got nerfed also)? What's the point of that if I have trouble penning tanks with no armor.... oh yeah and the splash radius is a [edited]joke. So no splash radius, even when you hit you do next to nothing compared to other tier 9 arties. Oh yeah you have a fast reload so you can shoot even more useless shots.

Nerf reload time on BC to like 30 seconds I don't care just buff the pen a bit. It doesn't have to be much just make it competitive because it's a joke compared to other tier 9 arties. BC had one thing going for it: It was precise compared to other tier 9 arties now all of them are as precise as BC was pre nerf .... so BC is now just straight out useless.

Let's not even discuss how BC has a low firing arc so it can't hit some spots other tier 9 arties can. It also has no gun depression so once lights and meds come close to you, you literally can't hit them because they are under your gun. But those are the problems BC had before the nerf so I won't get into all that.

And yeah and nerf Maus and Type 5. I see a lot of tier 8 tanks just drowning themselves when they see that enemy team has Maus. It's [edited]retarded that some tier 8's have trouble penning the side of Maus even with gold. In hands of over 50% win % player Maus is more or less an autowin. Only tactic against Maus? Load HEAT and have a 30k-40k resupply bill.

I can concur with most of your points but disagree in removing AP/APCR/HEAT.

With those shells, 1 of 2 things could happen:

1. You'd miss your target by an inch/shot absorbed by tracks, spaced armour etc and resulted in no damage to the target
  2. Hit the target

It's a hit or a miss, no stun, no splash no nothing, which makes it a bit less painful for the guy receiving the shot.

With HEspam only, you can cause damage even if you miss.

And because HE is pretty much redundant, missing a shot by an inch can produce MORE damage (I'll say it again: near missing a target with HE makes MORE damage than a direct hit), especially true if you're aiming at a part which is natively weaker, like the floor. Nothing like that ever happens when you're shooting piercing rounds.

Ontopic:

+1 for arty platoons

+1 for MM fix

+1 for fixing lights

Time to dust off my M55 and make comets crash from the sky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users