Jump to content


Artillery Battery


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

call_me_ShockZz #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

 

yes this thread has some influence of rage but not getting hit by arty nope just this kind of artillery battery and being unable to do crap

 

you have some of these moments as well?



Pansenmann #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34542 battles
  • 12,799
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

+1 for driving flaktoaster.

 

 

but I don't get what you want to tell us.



call_me_ShockZz #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostPansenmann, on 15 June 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

+1 for driving flaktoaster.

 

 

but I don't get what you want to tell us.

 

that this arty battery is way too strong.. yes its all of them shooting one target but its just too much

 

either they should reduce the amount of arty per team or the stun radius cause I didnt get hit once



WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16600 battles
  • 2,571
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

There's a marker that enables an SPG driver to show where he is aiming at. This gives you the impression that when more than one arty shoots at you that they are grudge laying you (what people refer to as "focusing".

 

That marker makes focusing even easier and more effective than platoons, which make its existance questionable.

 

TL:DR - Nothing to see here.



Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,920
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
So you let your team die 12:4 having done only 288 damage ( probably camped in the back being useless at J2 where you couldn't infliuence the battle ) and are surprised that arty focuses you after you are one of the few targets left to shoot at? Am i right? Also you only got hit once from the Grille for 47 damage...how can that be arty battering? You ignored the T67 in your side who could get free 200+ damage into you.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 15 June 2017 - 06:14 PM.


HeidenSieker #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,652
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 15 June 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

 

yes this thread has some influence of rage but not getting hit by arty nope just this kind of artillery battery and being unable to do crap

 

you have some of these moments as well?

 

You're spotted, you're one of the few tanks left, they've still got 3 SPGs, you're stuck in a bit of a hole and not moving much, and there are various other things shooting at you all at the same time.

 

I am not sure what other outcome you expect.



HeidenSieker #7 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,652
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostWindSplitter1, on 15 June 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

There's a marker that enables an SPG driver to show where he is aiming at. This gives you the impression that when more than one arty shoots at you that they are grudge laying you (what people refer to as "focusing".

 

That marker makes focusing even easier and more effective than platoons, which make its existance questionable.

 

I'll have to look into that use of the fire area mark, but it can be up to 30m in diameter, and it depends on accurate marking. I have previously just used it to indicate to the team the area I'm intending to shell (the "chat" says "Attacking (map square), "ready to fire"/"seconds reload".

 

The OP's example of "artillery battery" is not a good one, for reasons stated elsewhere in this thread.



Megahard #8 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16892 battles
  • 87
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015
So arties focused a TD with paper armor? What a surprise. Just don't cry about arties again because arties got nerfed into the ground. In pre nerf days you would have been dead long time ago.
 
You were dead anyway so I don't see why you are crying. It's not like you can win with the toaster against t67. 3 arties or not you were dead anyway. You are lucky that 3 arties missed you. Ok one just splashed you other 2 missed.

Edited by Megahard, 15 June 2017 - 06:35 PM.


WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16600 battles
  • 2,571
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostHeidenSieker, on 15 June 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

 

I'll have to look into that use of the fire area mark, but it can be up to 30m in diameter, and it depends on accurate marking. I have previously just used it to indicate to the team the area I'm intending to shell (the "chat" says "Attacking (map square), "ready to fire"/"seconds reload".

 

The OP's example of "artillery battery" is not a good one, for reasons stated elsewhere in this thread.

 

By all means, you don't need to change your game style because of something native in the game. Also, I can't upvote anymore so: :medal:

call_me_ShockZz #10 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostEnforcer1975, on 15 June 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

So you let your team die 12:4 having done only 288 damage ( probably camped in the back being useless at J2 where you couldn't infliuence the battle ) and are surprised that arty focuses you after you are one of the few targets left to shoot at? Am i right? Also you only got hit once from the Grille for 47 damage...how can that be arty battering? You ignored the T67 in your side who could get free 200+ damage into you.

 

well.. playing a TD with no armor and camo is hard to do up front so obviously I was sitting further in the back but I played it as every other TD.. could give u the replay if you want to see

 

*and I let that T67 shoot me for free to be able to aim and get at least one more shot in as I was going to die anyway


Edited by call_me_ShockZz, 15 June 2017 - 06:41 PM.


call_me_ShockZz #11 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostHeidenSieker, on 15 June 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

 

You're spotted, you're one of the few tanks left, they've still got 3 SPGs, you're stuck in a bit of a hole and not moving much, and there are various other things shooting at you all at the same time.

 

I am not sure what other outcome you expect.

 

I didnt expect something else but its about making you completely unable to do sth

Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,920
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 15 June 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

 

well.. playing a TD with no armor and camo is hard to do up front so obviously I was sitting further in the back but I played it as every other TD.. could give u the replay if you want to see

 

No need to. That spot is a bad spot to be in in the first place. I can understand that you got that little damage there. Imo the north is favored on this map. If you wanted to do damage you would have needed to go to H1 just behind the bush at the red line behind that elevated path where you have a clear line of sight on what's coming provided your teammates can stop the enemy scout from reaching the rock at G1 because if they reach that spot you are spotted either immediately or the moment you shoot. I'd rather go town and die trying to get shots the heavies along the main road or even sideshots using the corner at E0 unless someone is there to counter me from D9.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 15 June 2017 - 06:43 PM.


call_me_ShockZz #13 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16920 battles
  • 262
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
  • Member since:
    06-27-2013

View PostMegahard, on 15 June 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

So arties focused a TD with paper armor? What a surprise. Just don't cry about arties again because arties got nerfed into the ground. In pre nerf days you would have been dead long time ago.
 
You were dead anyway so I don't see why you are crying. It's not like you can win with the toaster against t67. 3 arties or not you were dead anyway. You are lucky that 3 arties missed you. Ok one just splashed you other 2 missed.

 

still not complaining about them damaging me just the stun

Pansenmann #14 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34542 battles
  • 12,799
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

ah, complaints about stun

 

this way sir:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/630649-update-919-general-feedback/



Strappster #15 Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 25550 battles
  • 9,956
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostPansenmann, on 15 June 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

but I don't get what you want to tell us.

 

"This is my youtube channel and I uploaded a video about arty because views!" probably.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users