Survey

Survey

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

HelpIamClaustrophobic #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21223 battles

So, I got an invitation from Wargaming to give my opinion in a survey. The first two questions were about buying in game stuff for real money so I closed the survey right there and then.

If I am not allowed to share my opinion about the game in the survey I will on the forum. Ofcourse it will get trolled but here it is anyway.

I am amazed by the choices Wargaming makes lately. I did a little search on the forum about what the community was asking for. So I was expecting to find a lot of posts about wanting more game modes, more premium tanks, more autoloaders and most of all HD maps. Strangely I didn’t find any posts about that. What I did find were posts about the community wanting NEW maps, tank balance, gold ammo and skill based/+-1 matchmaking.

So why they ignored the wishes from the community, their customers and do something completely different. Do they know better what we want? Are they that arrogant? Never heard of the phrase: ‘Never bite the hand that feeds you?’ Is this perhaps a cultural thing? Wouldn’t it have been easier to create NEW maps and make them in HD first and redo the old maps later? Or even bring the maps that have been removed back in HD.

What happened to the ‘Sandbox server’ and the development team that were going to balance tier X first and then the other tiers? Clearly that would have been the right order to do things. More so since you promised it to your Customers. What is a promise about balance worth anyway when you introduce overpowered Premium tanks like crazy.

I know you need to make money to sustain the game. We all know that. But ‘happy customers’ will invest in a game much more then ‘unhappy customers’. It is a free tip from someone who does that for a living.

It is not hard to predict that when you don’t start listening to your customers soon this game will die fast. The imminent failure of ranked battles will be a sign. There are very few who enjoy the game mode in a unbalanced game and the ones who do play it only do this for the rewards they can use later on in other game modes.

Sorry for the long post but if you want to prevent these kind of posts you better send us a survey were we can give our opinion on the things we want to let you know and not about things you want to know (about money, money, money and more money).

---------End of survey----------

Edited by drawkcaB, 15 June 2017 - 09:21 PM.

typhaon #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles

They ignore a lot of wishes, because of two reasons:

1. The wishes are just garbage, especially regarding balance and MM... most players have a very one-sided oppinion and just want an easier game. That's the reason for the +-1 tier MM wishes.

2. Some wishes simply cut of the income if the game. This applies especially to thing that cost gold or a lot of credits since the nessecity of using those to be competitive ensure, that players buy gold or premium time. Technical updates follow the same reason. The best way to lure in new players is good graphics... there have been a lot of successful games on the market, that had little content, but great graphics... and good graphics are easier to achieve than good gameplay and content.

LoveBunny #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14229 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA
Yeah ... this survey is just amazing.  They go to the trouble of adding survey functionality to the game only to use it to ask questions 90% of which they already have the answers to when they look at their premium shop statistics.  Then they ask if we want improvements to the premium shop.  This total and utter disconnect with the player base is pretty singular.

ToodlePips #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57334 battles

View Postaccounta, on 15 June 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

This total and utter disconnect with the player base is pretty singular.

I agree 100%, Wargaming has lost any credibility. I am not sure why they even bother to keep up the charade.

clawLFC #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26538 battles
Think the main reason I have stopped playing Was The absurdly overpriced overpowered premium tanks, they expect you to fork over the price of a triple a game for a tank 1 guy spent a couple of days modelling. They have screwed over there regular playerbase to squeeze every last pound out your wallet.
I used to spend 16.00 pound a month, get a months Prem and some gold left over. The Maps are boring and repetive and far to small. Why not give the community the tools to make the Maps if you want to concentrate on Prem tanks. CA have done it with there Warhammer game and the Maps are truly spectacular what the community have some up with.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

‘Never bite the hand that feeds you?’

Except the hand grows back or belongs to a braindead giant who doesn't even notice it.

In other words: Even the ones who complain and whine all the time keep throwing all their money at them, so why should they bother listening to anyone or anything but their wallet?

edit: Didn't find the gif I was looking for, but here is one with ducks biting a hand:

Spoiler

Edited by Jigabachi, 15 June 2017 - 10:41 PM.

NiemandXL #7 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

It's their only successful game and it seems that they are trying very hard to kill it. New maps? Fixing the 2 broken overbuffed super heavies Maus and Type 5? Maybe returning at least the resemblance of balance back to tier 8? Or maybe teaching the MM to actually balance team compositions so we do not have those one-sided Leopards vs superheavies games on maps like Ensk that pretty much always end the same all the time?

Nope! They are probably working on more broken premium tanks instead because that's what this game needs even more of.

stormermp #8 Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41804 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostNiemandXL, on 15 June 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

It's their only successful game and it seems that they are trying very hard to kill it. New maps? Fixing the 2 broken overbuffed super heavies Maus and Type 5? Maybe returning at least the resemblance of balance back to tier 8? Or maybe teaching the MM to actually balance team compositions so we do not have those one-sided Leopards vs superheavies games on maps like Ensk that pretty much always end the same all the time?

Nope! They are probably working on more broken premium tanks instead because that's what this game needs even more of.

F*** them and let them drown in their own Insolence

Edited by stormermp, 16 June 2017 - 01:19 AM.

Also tagged with Survey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users