Surely WG must see a business potential in PvE and "premium only" game modes?

PvE single player simulation hardcore old school

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

fantorangen #1 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16949 battles

The last years i have gone from active to casual to no longer playing. For me this loss of interest is because of bad UX due to losing and feeling non competitive. I believe there are many in my situation. This group does not bother to play enough to become or stay competitive, we don't bother to grind new tech trees or pay for new tanks with some new advantage, or gold ammo, so we don't win enough to have a good experience playing. We could still be willing to pay to play the game our way, though!

Judging by the last years' direction of this game, the target customer seems to be narrowed down to the ones willing to do the necessary grinding or to pay to get an advantage. As the player base shrinks, each player spends more. The constant tank evolvement has led us to a fast paced point-and-click game, most rounds ending within 4 minutes, and that's not to everyone's liking. This is very different from the nerve filled, longer rounds that we had in 2012. Yes, there were other issues then, but the nerve.. The ongoing development of this game causes casual gamers simply not competitive and we too often have a bad experience. I love the game as i did in 2011, but with no time to invest in trying to be the best, I would gladly pay for some occational bot pawning:-)

WG, please start survey: Would you be interested in premium only game modes such as PvE or "simulation mode".  

With the never ending balance and matchmaking issues, WG needs to be careful not to cannibalize the random battle player base. So, such modes should probably not earn the player exp.

(A slower paced mode could be made simply by adjusting turret traverse, accuracy, aim time and dispersion by global factors, and by adding delays in movement and traverse --> more realism, better survivability, longer rounds, more fun)

Remember, this game got its reputation because it was slow paced

Jigabachi #2 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

WG, please start survey: Would you be interested in premium only game modes such as PvE or "simulation mode".  

That is one of the worst ideas I ever read here. What would be the point of premium only gamemodes? And how would that even work? And... why would you even want that?

Edited by Jigabachi, 15 June 2017 - 11:22 PM.

fantorangen #3 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16949 battles
Well, non premium tomatoes wouldn't prefer random battles if they could PvE, you think? And then the non-tomatoes would miss all that cannon fodder.

Edited by fantorangen, 15 June 2017 - 11:30 PM.

gpalsson #4 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 22107 battles
PvE would most likely be where tomatoes disappeared to, and they wouldn't serve as content for the rest. That's what happened in AW AFIK.

Long_Range_Sniper #5 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29433 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Those classic PvE games....

Image result for tank game gifgiphy.gif

WoT is more than pixels. 

It's full of funny, annoying, intelligent, dumb, sarcastic, kind, immature, emotional, caring, funny, skilled, diverse people.

I play for the tanks, but I stay for the people.

magkiln #6 Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21948 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE
If you want PvE go play Armoured Warfare, but I got to warn you. It isn't much fun. The computer needs about a 2:1 advantage to be a serious threat and that gets annoying very quickly. You see the same thing in WoWS. Sure, having the co-op battle as a form of training cna be useful, but it's just too easy.

Sams_Baneblade #7 Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16227 battles

View Postfantorangen, on 15 June 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

Well, non premium tomatoes wouldn't prefer random battles if they could PvE, you think? And then the non-tomatoes would miss all that cannon fodder.

Tomatoes might still haunt randoms. Player skill has nothing to see with its monetary investment in the game, neither with his desire to play against bots rather than humans.

I still don't get why limiting it to premium only. It would kill the principle of F2P and wouldn't change the percentage of noobs. Nope. Nope. Nope.

View Postmagkiln, on 15 June 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

If you want PvE go play Armoured Warfare, but I got to warn you. It isn't much fun. The computer needs about a 2:1 advantage to be a serious threat and that gets annoying very quickly. You see the same thing in WoWS. Sure, having the co-op battle as a form of training cna be useful, but it's just too easy.

WoWS devs recently added a new gamemode: PVE operations. Those are challenging and their implementation was made to minimize tthe loss of players in randoms (temporary, only two Tiers).

I really like it.

Homer_J #8 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27001 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfantorangen, on 15 June 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

Running this one server for you would require more resources than the game server for 30 players.  I'm not convinced you would pay enough to make such a server financially viable.  And I'm not convinced that many people would pay for a duck shoot at all.

fantorangen #9 Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16949 battles

You critics may of course be very right, but polls are cheap anyway. So WG please use polls for someting useful. Last poll i saw was about what vehicle we wanted in a "special" video...

And noone should see PvE/CoOp as an option for anyone who is happy with the current state of random battles!

WG is getting professional in communications, community iteractions, sandbox and all. But I'm not seeing ANYTHING from them to reach out to new players or ex-players. The other day they sent me mail on the premium T8 rheinmetall or whatever, you could use to "destroy the opposition". The theme is all about WIN, not about FUN. They could not POSSIBLY be more off the target, they even know i have uninstalled...

The way i see it WG is painted into a corner. The moment you introduce paid advantages you can't really go back. Why was the game not balanced long ago? The bigger gap in balance, the more people realize/bail out, the bigger the problem. The bigger need for rebalance or alternatives.

My take is, either provide real balance in pubs, or provide choices where balance doesn't matter.

Alabamatick #10 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 16 June 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Running this one server for you would require more resources than the game server for 30 players.  I'm not convinced you would pay enough to make such a server financially viable.  And I'm not convinced that many people would pay for a duck shoot at all.

You'd only need 1 more hamster

and yes i'd play PvE, especially if it was historical, but no i wouldn't pay for it

Dundato #11 Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25653 battles

View Postfantorangen, on 15 June 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

The last years i have gone from active to casual to no longer playing. For me this loss of interest is because of bad UX due to losing and feeling non competitive. I believe there are many in my situation. This group does not bother to play enough to become or stay competitive, we don't bother to grind new tech trees or pay for new tanks with some new advantage, or gold ammo, so we don't win enough to have a good experience playing. We could still be willing to pay to play the game our way, though!

Judging by the last years' direction of this game, the target customer seems to be narrowed down to the ones willing to do the necessary grinding or to pay to get an advantage. As the player base shrinks, each player spends more. The constant tank evolvement has led us to a fast paced point-and-click game, most rounds ending within 4 minutes, and that's not to everyone's liking. This is very different from the nerve filled, longer rounds that we had in 2012. Yes, there were other issues then, but the nerve.. The ongoing development of this game causes casual gamers simply not competitive and we too often have a bad experience. I love the game as i did in 2011, but with no time to invest in trying to be the best, I would gladly pay for some occational bot pawning:-)

With the never ending balance and matchmaking issues, WG needs to be careful not to cannibalize the random battle player base. So, such modes should probably not earn the player exp.

(A slower paced mode could be made simply by adjusting turret traverse, accuracy, aim time and dispersion by global factors, and by adding delays in movement and traverse --> more realism, better survivability, longer rounds, more fun)

Remember, this game got its reputation because it was slow paced

ROFL

Wintermute_1 #12 Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41440 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 15 June 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

WoT is more than pixels. 

It's full of funny, annoying, intelligent, dumb, sarcastic, kind, immature, emotional, caring, funny, skilled, diverse people.

I play for the tanks, but I stay for the people.

Just got a flashback to the ending monologue from the Breakfast club.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users