Ranked battles has created a 2 tier player base

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

WascallyWabbit #1 Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8748 battles
I find that due to work commitments i'm unable to play ranked battles and as such will be excluded from owning new improved equipment or earning bonds. That means after Ranked Battle season ends there will be thousands of players able to simply outclass and out DPM me in ALL game modes. As if it not bad enough trying to outplay a super unicum your now gonna give him 1 extra shot over me in the object 140 for example shooting every 4.6 seconds fully equipped. Ranked Battles and bonds should be available to all not just those with a T10 vehicle and ability to play in the limited time window currently available. The current plans for this mode will simply create a 2 tier player base, those with advanced equipment and those without or the the hunters and the hunted or the farmers and the farmed and...well you get it. This is a great idea badly thought out and badly implemented by WG...as bloody usual. Ps WG please dont give me a content strike for disagreeing with you :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles
+2.5% to that 140 reload time in real terms means you're going to have to be sat trading shots with him for an extended amount of time before his 2.5% difference in reload actually allows him to get one extra shot in than you can. It's not the huge deal people are making it out to be.

Plasma_Fire #3 Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19581 battles

Buying enhanced equipment with bonds was pretty much the only way WG could get the game mode to work.

They gave each player 100 bonds to give then a taste of what they can have in random battles.

Just looking at my PzIVS, with those free bonds I could drop my reload time -2.5% for a game, or have +2.5% to all crew skills.

Bonds are something of a sly little joke really. All it does it make the best players in the game even better because they can buy equipment and perks that are not available to other players.

The game mode I cant comment on, I have not played and have no interest in playing it inspite of the rewards it gives because I think those rewards are an unfair advantage.

If I put experimental optics and some of the other new bits of kit on my Marder I could spot and kill enemy tanks long before they even have a chance of spotting me.

Where is the skill in that?

Thats the kind of thing Shingles likes to do and thinks its a laugh.

K_A #4 Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Bonds will be introduced as rewards for all kinds of missions and stuff, even in random battles. The first ranked season was simply a good way to introduce the new currency and entice people to play the new game mode. You will be able to get bonds from elsewhere in the future.

Strappster #5 Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:27 AM

General

• Player
  • 23968 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPlasma_Fire, on 16 June 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

If I put experimental optics and some of the other new bits of kit on my Marder I could spot and kill enemy tanks long before they even have a chance of spotting me.

Marder 38T base view range is 320m. With optics that goes up to 352m. With improved optics, 360m. Do you really think that additional 8m view range is going to make a huge difference given that the moment you're spotted, you're toast because everything will shoot the thinly armoured TD?

arjun69 #6 Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 94489 battles

it adds up

and yes there is a difference.

same model tanks meet at a corner,

both fire at same time, both are now oneshots

the one with improved equipment fires first and kills opponent.

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:20 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11034 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

For randoms the improved equipment is definitely not worth it.

Baldrickk #8 Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
I'm unable to play clan wars so can't compete to get the clan wars only tanks.

Oh well.

Not sure why we need a 4th currency though.

Plasma_Fire #9 Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19581 battles

View PostStrappster, on 16 June 2017 - 04:27 AM, said:

Marder 38T base view range is 320m. With optics that goes up to 352m. With improved optics, 360m. Do you really think that additional 8m view range is going to make a huge difference given that the moment you're spotted, you're toast because everything will shoot the thinly armoured TD?

I was actually thinking about the Marder II...
With a 100% crew with recon and some ofhter perks and equipment that extend the view range.

What kind of view range does that stack up to?

Right now with a crew of 82%, 90% 91% a camo net and field glasses my rating is 525 concealment and 497 Spotting 358 view range.

Edited by Plasma_Fire, 16 June 2017 - 06:49 AM.

Plasma_Fire #10 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19581 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 16 June 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

For randoms the improved equipment is definitely not worth it.

Since when did "worth it" have anything to do with this game. Paying to play a game that is free isnt worth it and yet I bet you do or at least have once paid.

truoste #11 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38045 battles

View PostWascallyWabbit, on 16 June 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

I find that due to work commitments i'm unable to play ranked battles and as such will be excluded from owning new improved equipment or earning bonds. That means after Ranked Battle season ends there will be thousands of players able to simply outclass and out DPM me in ALL game modes. As if it not bad enough trying to outplay a super unicum your now gonna give him 1 extra shot over me in the object 140 for example shooting every 4.6 seconds fully equipped. Ranked Battles and bonds should be available to all not just those with a T10 vehicle and ability to play in the limited time window currently available. The current plans for this mode will simply create a 2 tier player base, those with advanced equipment and those without or the the hunters and the hunted or the farmers and the farmed and...well you get it. This is a great idea badly thought out and badly implemented by WG...as bloody usual. Ps WG please dont give me a content strike for disagreeing with you :)

I am not sure if you have realized but balance does not seem to be WGs priority or even interest. It seems that they actually want to provide players unfair advantage so that players can feel "powerfull" when conditions are right. They seem to think that average player is so bad that they need to play defender against tier6s to have fun. It is what it is.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles

View Posttruoste, on 16 June 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

. They seem to think that average player is so bad that they need to play defender against tier6s to have fun. It is what it is.

The average player IS that bad.

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20331 battles

View PostWascallyWabbit, on 16 June 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

This "2 tier player base" already exists, you just don't realize it:

People who use premium consumables with almost every tank, and people who do not.

Homer_J #14 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWascallyWabbit, on 16 June 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

That means after Ranked Battle season ends there will be thousands of players able to simply outclass and out DPM me in ALL game modes. 

Thousands?

It seems like there might be hundreds who might be able to afford a single piece of improved equipment.  A few tens might manage two.  A handful maybe three. In return for basically putting maximum hours in to ranked battles every day.

It's all been a massive con to get people to play the failure of a game mode.

Gremlin182 #15 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:01 AM

General

• Player
  • 48773 battles

It does add a 2 tier player base and if that already exists then maybe it adds a third tier.

Unlike premium time or premium ammo which is fine btw premium equipment and premium consumables adds another layer.

You even get an extra consumable slot for these directives.

So you can eventually get a set of equipment and stick it on your favourite tank initially this will be the tank you use for ranked battles but eventually you will have more equipment.

If you want you can swap it to another tank for 30 gold so its not a big problem to have this equipment turning up in randoms at any tier.

Plus you now have 4th slot where you add the effects of a directive which is a kind of premium consumable that can be used in addition to the usual premium consumables though this could prove expensive.

But that's ok expense has never slowed down the use of premium consumables, they give them away in events so often I've got loads.

Anyway directives, there are equipment directives and crew directives.

Vents adds 5% to general none role specific crew skills

Venting System adds 7.5% so yes another 2.5 %

however adding the directive purge venting system adds another 2.5% so doubling the effects of standard vents +10%

Now I'm not 100% sure at the moment but this improved equipment and directives are described as + to ALL crew skills.

This could be an error they could work on general skills but maybe not.

Those are not the only directives there are also crew directives, which give 100% in any crew skill or perk but if you already have that skill/perk they give a bonus.and those are pretty useful.

Increased focus gives you sixth sense and if you already have sixth sense it cuts the activation time from 3 seconds to 1

Steady hand gives a crew 100% in snap shot and if you already have snap shot trained it doubles the effects.or you can have double smooth ride or double clutch breaking.skills

https://worldoftanks...and-directives/

Captain_Kremen0 #16 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37279 battles

View Posttruoste, on 16 June 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

I am not sure if you have realized but balance does not seem to be WGs priority or even interest. It seems that they actually want to provide players unfair advantage so that players can feel "powerfull" when conditions are right. They seem to think that average player is so bad that they need to play defender against tier6s to have fun. It is what it is.

No no no no no - all the Defenders are busy facing down Maus/Type 5 - Don't you read the forum threads!!:trollface:

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11034 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostPlasma_Fire, on 16 June 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

Since when did "worth it" have anything to do with this game. Paying to play a game that is free isnt worth it and yet I bet you do or at least have once paid.

I don't understand your point.

OP is whining he doesn't have the time to play and therefore misses out on some minor improvements for his tanks. He is the one approaching a game as work, not me.

All I'm saying is that to be competitive in randoms you don't need improved equipment, and its not worth getting upset about missing out.

And for your information, I've been f2p for the first year, then bought one tier 8 premium tank to make credits to buy a tier 10 tank and solve credit issues in the future. This purchase helps me to enjoy the game more, as I don't need to play tier 5 all the time if I want to buy a new tank or some regular equipment.

TankkiPoju #18 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20331 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 16 June 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

It's all been a massive con to get people to play the failure of a game mode.

Not really, it was the community and streamers who hyped the entire thing, probably to get views. Twitch streamers in particular led people to believe after few months everyone will be "p0wning people with their super OP improved equipment". Of course none of that is true.

In the end, ranked mode is just a new game mode that no one forces you to play, and you don't really get all that much from it anyway.

Personally I use bonds in tanks like Russian meds to get improved firefighting so I can use premium food, which is muuuuch more pay to win, but hey since SirFoch didnt make a video about that, the community isn't enraged /s.

WG was very clear how much bonds you get, and how little the improved equipment actually gives.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 16 June 2017 - 08:19 AM.

Homer_J #19 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTankkiPoju, on 16 June 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

WG was very clear how much bonds you get, and how little the improved equipment actually gives.

I would dispute the "very clear".  It was quite clear of how many bonds you would get for being in the top of the leaderboard.  It was certainly not clear how few people would be in that final leaderboard.

It turns out that this was the biggest grind mission for the least rewards WG have ever cooked up.

tajj7 #20 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25424 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostK_A, on 16 June 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

Bonds will be introduced as rewards for all kinds of missions and stuff, even in random battles. The first ranked season was simply a good way to introduce the new currency and entice people to play the new game mode. You will be able to get bonds from elsewhere in the future.

This.

Even if people massively try hard in this seasons ranked, for one month of playing it they will get enough bonds for just ONE piece of equipment. 

And then it's 2.5% which is nothing anyway.

We'll get plenty of bonds from missions, PMs, specials etc.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users