SP I C - It is so bad its actually good?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

cpt_Andrew #1 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20185 battles
  • [VRA] VRA

So, I'm grinding my way towards the Rhm Panzerwagen, and came across this thing.

At first I hated it. It has abysmal dpm, it is the slowest of all tier 7 lights, power/weight killed by terrain resistance and has no armor even by light tank standards. You just can basically only spot partly thanks to its camo value, but even that is not T100 LT level of great, and we all know how reliable that is...

Recently, however, I started to like it. Sure it has awful dpm, but has the highest alfa of all tier 7 lights (which does not say much), and by the time the gun is reloaded u are almost unspotted again... I discovered its playstyle of find a cover, peek a shot at a distracted opponent, hide until unspotted, repeat. And due to the low dpm, not much dmg is lost, and thanks to its camo, you can do double duty as spotter while doing peek-a-boo. It kinda forces the correct playstyle. And I thing ppl just underestimate this thing, they keep ignoring me, or thinking I'll be easy picks, when in fact I am already near cover, I can play chasy chasy all day and only pop out when reloaded and I can always shoot them on the approach. Only thing I have against it now is its awful shell velocity, hitting long range shots at moving targets almost impossible... On paper this tank is awful, but it kinda feels OP, at least based on my results with it...

On average I have 53.8% WR, but with this tank I have 65.5% after 84 battles...

What do you guys think?

MetalMicky #2 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23599 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postcpt_Andrew, on 16 June 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

So, I'm grinding my way towards the Rhm Panzerwagen, and came across this thing.

At first I hated it. It has abysmal dpm, it is the slowest of all tier 7 lights, power/weight killed by terrain resistance and has no armor even by light tank standards. You just can basically only spot partly thanks to its camo value, but even that is not T100 LT level of great, and we all know how reliable that is...

Recently, however, I started to like it. Sure it has awful dpm, but has the highest alfa of all tier 7 lights (which does not say much), and by the time the gun is reloaded u are almost unspotted again... I discovered its playstyle of find a cover, peek a shot at a distracted opponent, hide until unspotted, repeat. And due to the low dpm, not much dmg is lost, and thanks to its camo, you can do double duty as spotter while doing peek-a-boo. It kinda forces the correct playstyle. And I thing ppl just underestimate this thing, they keep ignoring me, or thinking I'll be easy picks, when in fact I am already near cover, I can play chasy chasy all day and only pop out when reloaded and I can always shoot them on the approach. Only thing I have against it now is its awful shell velocity, hitting long range shots at moving targets almost impossible... On paper this tank is awful, but it kinda feels OP, at least based on my results with it...

On average I have 53.8% WR, but with this tank I have 65.5% after 84 battles...

What do you guys think?

​You'll be please to know to Hawk isn't much different then :teethhappy:

Respect to ALL, Cheers :)

dennez #3 Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18042 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I was going to get one after doing some t7 light comparison on tanks.gg, but then i saw the horrible horrible shell velocity on the top gun and i was like.. Nope.

cpt_Andrew #4 Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20185 battles
  • [VRA] VRA

It happened... I have no idea how though :D

SP I C stats.jpg

And there is no sign of it stopping just here...

KKtwenty #5 Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

I find the SP1C to be "average".  Im enjoying the SP1C more than the LTTB (which I didn't like).  It can spot and snipe, don't (whatever you do) get into a fight with T71 or French autoloaders as even the tier 6 AMX will laugh at you.  Unless they have run out of ammo.  The gun is quite troll, missing plum shots and somehow hitting an "auto" on the move but it does have a decent alpha and due to the reload you are almost unspotted when reloaded (so you don't have to "chance" a second shot as you do with a T71 etc)

So far im doing ok in it and the grind isn't too bad. If the HWK is much the same then the road to the RU wont be too bad for me.

Edited by KKtwenty, 02 August 2017 - 12:44 PM.

veesalo #6 Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16886 battles
This soap box needs a buff, it is worst tier 7 LT this moment. Only positive trait is alpha dmg. Maybe little buff to gun stats would make it.

mynameispuffs #7 Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25844 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postcpt_Andrew, on 20 June 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

It happened... I have no idea how though :D

SP I C stats.jpg

And there is no sign of it stopping just here...

Haxx!

Tiz just hax and chetas.

:trollface:

Spoiler

Nuggets_No_Glory #8 Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28676 battles
It was one of my favourite tanks before the LT rework. The autoloader was unique and a lot of fun. I haven't played it since the rework/nerf but I'm considering giving it a go, because I like to play those rarer/less popular tanks. You're right about the alpha damage too. 220 is a big hit from a tier 7 light.

syoyoi #9 Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20398 battles
i have that thing too and i use the same tactic, but my came values and crew are crapand i dont have enough gold to buy a german light for crew training, so now its a horrible tank. i have 1.6k dpm with a tier 7, the pen is bad the speed is bad the ramming skills is bad and the armour is bad. I think that the tank needs a little buff or needs it old autoloader back with a little under 30 secs reload. that would be okay, but now its pure crapfor me...

Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 42176 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

SPIC is just bad - the only German LT I have sold.

HWK, on the other hand, is rather good.

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 24 September 2017 - 08:40 AM.

CornDaFlakes #11 Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32069 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
SP1C was one of my favorite, but they removed the autoloader. That broke my heart. Had to sell it because without that 3 round outloading gun it doesnt feel the same.

Edited by another_Ghost_Shell, 03 October 2017 - 04:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users