Jump to content


Thank you for buying tanks gold etc

No seriously I mean it

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

SaintMaddenus #1 Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33832 battles
  • 1,170
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

Had a battle in my Churchill 3 last night didn’t do great, only came 2nd in damage and exp but we were beaten very soundly.  Got a message after the game.

 

Will paraphrase a bit.

 

FU PURE GOLD MONKEY

Deinstall monkey gold monkey

Etc.

 

Now I’m not really a major gold player, I have two premium vehicles, one was a gift.  Don’t buy gold account and my ammo is bought via in game credits.

 

Anyway I digress, I checked their account, all FTP.

 

No problem, I spent 5 years not buying anything at all.

 

But Don’t they get that this game is totally supported by people BUYING THINGS?    I appreciate being able to play this game for 6 years I have spent about £1.00 per year in total.

 

Now that’s a heck of a lot of value for money if you ask me.    About 2 100th’s of 1 pence per battle I think….

 

You’d think he’d thank me a little…. ;)   But honestly, thank you all to whom have supported my addiction :)

 

 



Jigabachi #2 Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,466
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 16 June 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

But Don’t they get that this game is totally supported by people BUYING THINGS? 

Those people don't get anything. Troll them and move on.

 

And yes, people who buy things support the game and make it possible for our kind to play without paying. Thanks for that indeed.

But... the problem is that the same people also cause the downfall of the game, because they still reward WG for every nonsense they do.

A sarcastic thanks for that, too. :P


Edited by Jigabachi, 16 June 2017 - 11:51 AM.


Balc0ra #3 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64255 battles
  • 15,363
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I got more or less the same message last night when I played a round in my SU-85i. As I won the 1 vs 3 in the end.... I only used AP. But premium tank... pay 2 win. So I was a premium n00b, followed by the usual "uninstall debil" and "premium tank noob" stuff. As I spotted him yoloing across an open field.. and pulled back not to be spotted etc. So I was the noob.

 

I noticed that the guy that was spamming premium "insults" on me had zero premium tanks, besides the low tier gift tanks ofc. So I basically told him "be glad I am... because we pay so you can play for free"

 

Nothing for a few minutes. Then suddenly "Well thank you for your service then"... then nothing. Made my day.



Pvt_Duffer #4 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16653 battles
  • 3,144
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 16 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Those people don't get anything. Troll them and move on.

 

And yes, people who buy things support the game and make it possible for our kind to play without paying. Thanks for that indeed.

But... the problem is that the same people also cause the downfall of the game, because they still reward WG for every nonsense they do.

A sarcastic thanks for that, too. :P

 

I would have thought the massive number of freeloaders who just keep playing have a greater influence then the few who pay.

 

After all, if all the freeloaders actually stopped playing, there wouldn't actually be much game left for the few who do pay, so they are more to blame than those who chuck a few coins at wargaming.

 

So a big sarcastic cheer for the freeloaders too!!. ;)


Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 16 June 2017 - 12:14 PM.


signal11th #5 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35328 battles
  • 5,469
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
To be honest I only ever spam gold in order to get these messages, most of them can't even write a coherent sentence so it's easy to make them go full rabid.

qpranger #6 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:19 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 31424 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 16 June 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

FU PURE GOLD MONKEY

Deinstall monkey gold monkey

 

Well, it uncannily fits your avatar.

SaintMaddenus #7 Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33832 battles
  • 1,170
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

View Postqpranger, on 16 June 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

Well, it uncannily fits your avatar.

 

True.. wonder if it was a forumite :)

 

 



Jigabachi #8 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,466
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 16 June 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

I would have thought the massive number of freeloaders who just keep playing have a greater influence then the few who pay.

 

After all, if all the freeloaders actually stopped playing, there wouldn't actually be much game left for the few who do pay, so they are more to blame than those who chuck a few coins at wargaming.

 

So a big sarcastic cheer for the freeloaders too!!. ;)

That doesn't make too much sense. Playing for free neither pays WG's bills, nor fills their pockets. Without the free players the game would still be playable. Without the paying players... not so much.


Edited by Jigabachi, 17 June 2017 - 01:15 PM.


Xandania #9 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35428 battles
  • 989
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 17 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

That doesn't make too much sense. Playing for free neither pays WG's bills, nor fills their pockets. Without the free players the game would still be playable. Without the paying players... not so much.

 

​I'd put it like this: The ftp-players are what provides the paying customerbase with opponents. Many games died when the waiting time for a battle got too long, but the f2p-model wg uses here is a nice way around it. Also, the paying clients server as ingame advertisement for the premium tanks to the so far nonpaying - I do like the elegance of the system :)  - maybe not of every part of the design, but overall it's well thought out.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27494 battles
  • 1,947
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
The funny ones are the freeplayers who like to think they're getting one over WG and are proud of never having paid for anything whilst simultaneously being completely oblivious to the fact that by playing the game they are actually making themselves "content". So far from screwing WG over they're actually working for them. :)

Strappster #11 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:56 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015


ThorgrimBrenadim #12 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28632 battles
  • 165
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012
I will be honest I do not like those who spam premium ammo every single shot. Yes it is funny when they use premium ammo with 160 or more pen on a tank with 30-40 mm max armour. But players who spend big are needed just as players like me who probably in every couple of years spend about the same as an average PC game. These players though also need the free to play players because they help reduce load times for games, help give a wider variety of vehicles to fight against and also help wargamming indirectly as they have the numbers that get this game more global notice ( well unless wargamming do a foschgate again ) This helps draw new players into the game some will become big spenders and others spend just a bit but it helps keep the money coming in.

Strappster #13 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:22 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 17 December 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

I will be honest I do not like those who spam premium ammo every single shot. Yes it is funny when they use premium ammo with 160 or more pen on a tank with 30-40 mm max armour. But players who spend big are needed just as players like me who probably in every couple of years spend about the same as an average PC game. These players though also need the free to play players because they help reduce load times for games, help give a wider variety of vehicles to fight against and also help wargamming indirectly as they have the numbers that get this game more global notice ( well unless wargamming do a foschgate again ) This helps draw new players into the game some will become big spenders and others spend just a bit but it helps keep the money coming in.

 

You know premium ammo can be bought with credits now, don't you? You don't need to be a big spender, you just need to play with regular ammo often enough to afford the spam. That goes quicker with premium account and premium tanks but it's not a pre-requisite.

ThorgrimBrenadim #14 Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 28632 battles
  • 165
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

View PostStrappster, on 17 December 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

 

You know premium ammo can be bought with credits now, don't you? You don't need to be a big spender, you just need to play with regular ammo often enough to afford the spam. That goes quicker with premium account and premium tanks but it's not a pre-requisite.

 

Yes that is how I have always funded the 4-10 shots of premium ammo I have in a tank.

It is upto each player but I myself can not understand anyone spending real money on ammo, on perm camo on a premium tank etc fine it supports the game you have it there permanently unless you sell it of course, and I thank players who are happy spending hundreds every week or month on this game.



Coopsjc21 #15 Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8619 battles
  • 729
  • Member since:
    07-14-2015

Agree, Thankyou to those that spend cash in the game, I’m 99% a freeloader so you keep me playing for free.

 

My only contribution was I bought myself a 1/35 Italeri WoT themed model kit (T34-85) which gave me an in-game Churchill III.



Strappster #16 Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:31 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 17 December 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

... I myself can not understand anyone spending real money on ammo ...

 

That's the point I'm making - it doesn't cost real money, real money only hastens the process.

 

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 17 December 2017 - 02:44 AM, said:

... on perm camo on a premium tank etc fine it supports the game you have it there permanently unless you sell it of course ...

 

Not any more. Now you can buy camo with gold and take it off when you sell the tank (for free) and put it on another - it's like removable equipment since the last patch. :)



Homer_J #17 Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostJigabachi, on 17 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

That doesn't make too much sense. Playing for free neither pays WG's bills, nor fills their pockets. Without the free players the game would still be playable. Without the paying players... not so much.

 

Without the freeloaders it would be like the NA server and if it was like the NA server I don't think I would be prepared to spend money on it.

 

IMO it really is the freeloaders who line WG's pockets by working for free.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users