Jump to content


Seems like they actually care


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Zeki #1 Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4633 battles
  • 182
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

I was playing today some games and suddenly got a survey asking me all about the fuss that has been going for days. I'm glad they actually want to improve, and it's not what it looked like on the video regarding Foch's review on the Chrysler and premium tanks.

 

I must admit this game isn't as appealing to me lately. With all this changes, the fact that we've been getting some changes I don't like personally, and simply because it takes forever to grind XP even with premium enabled makes this game a bit more dull compared to other online games. After the E3 there have been so many games for free or announced that it looks even more obvious this game has really strong competition out there.

 

I mean, the game's great, it has a lot of stuff I really like such as bouncing mechanics, a lot of variety, PvP-only mode, etc. but this formula won't appeal to the younger audiences for the most part. Stuff like having to grind for ages in order to reach the highest tier, the ever-growing collective that defends premium rounds are fine and spamming gold is awesome, the fact that you'll usually be at the bottom of triple-tier matches, artillery shells one-shotting light tanks that dash across the field...

 

 

I still have a question I've been asking myself since I started to understand how this game works: Why would someone go to Tier 10? It seems like the obvious goal to improve and get better and better tanks, then higher the tier, the less RNG I would expect, you also get to play vs your SAME TIER or lower, which is so much easier than playing vs 2 tiers above usually... so what? Am I supposed to waste time grinding lower tiers for an hour just so I can play a T10 with gold ammo like everyone else does? I do have premium now and games are all profitable for now, but I won't rely on a paid booster just to be able to play the tanks I like.

 

In short, T10 looks like the place where the greatest payers would be with maxed-out crews and 100% gold ammo, sounds worse than Pz I C gold spammers.

 

 


Edited by Zeki, 16 June 2017 - 01:23 PM.


Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18292 battles
  • 9,827
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

To your last sentence.

Nope...tier 10 is infested with bad players who have failed their way up to get that "super tank" only to find out that they still get their butts handed to them by better players in tier 8 tanks.


Edited by Enforcer1975, 16 June 2017 - 01:24 PM.


shishx_the_animal #3 Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

    Colonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 30135 battles
  • 3,861
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013

View PostZeki, on 16 June 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

 

In short, T10 looks like the place where the greatest payers would be with maxed-out crews and 100% gold ammo, sounds worse than Pz I C gold spammers.

 

You're supposed to wear the tin-foil hat... not eat it!

 

PS: Whenever I buy a T10 tank, I also take the free 50% crew and dismiss the crew that was part of the whole Tier 1 - Tier 10 grind.


Edited by shishx_the_animal, 16 June 2017 - 01:32 PM.


Ankara_Aatu #4 Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31596 battles
  • 562
  • [RIOD] RIOD
  • Member since:
    04-11-2015
If the game feels too much like grinding, then you probably should look at other games. The goal shouldn't just be to get to the next tier and then the next - if you don't enjoy the way up, you probably won't enjoy tier 10 either. Just try to relax and concentrate on the match you are playing, and most importantly have fun. The xp and the credits will come in their own, admittedly slow, pace.

qpranger #5 Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30672 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
As the game slumps, you will notice them caring more and more. 

Zeki #6 Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4633 battles
  • 182
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostAnkara_Aatu, on 16 June 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

If the game feels too much like grinding, then you probably should look at other games. The goal shouldn't just be to get to the next tier and then the next - if you don't enjoy the way up, you probably won't enjoy tier 10 either. Just try to relax and concentrate on the match you are playing, and most importantly have fun. The xp and the credits will come in their own, admittedly slow, pace.

 

I do enjoy the game, and grinding is always welcome. The problem is it's too much grinding over time that makes the game lose its appeal a bit.

 

At first it was really dynamic, getting new tanks often, trying different guns and tanks, so I was busy experimenting. But now I'm reaching T6 and higher on most of my tanks, every day I play the daily bonus with most of them and really get bored rather soon.

 

I hate playing games that span several tiers, whether I'm top, middle or bottom. I don't deserve to get stuff like this just because nobody can outdamage me: http://wotreplays.co...e/3635207#stats and the biggest problem is I can oneshot some players, potentially killing 4 guys in less than 10 seconds. It's lame and boring, this shouldn't exist.

 

Games should be single-tier battles, those are the only ones that actually feel balanced, which is actually worse when your stock T5 tank just got a T7 game, you'll be worthless!

 

 

 

 

And that moment when you play bottom tier stock for the 5th time in a row and go like this: Press R twice, go make yourself some coffee, sip coffee, go back to garage, start over, repeat until you stop being bottom tier every time.

 

I don't blame anyone who actually suicided or went AFK in my games since I understood this reality.

 

 

 

 



Zeki #7 Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4633 battles
  • 182
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View Postjabster, on 16 June 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

 

If you're not prepared to play a team game then just uninstall and find some other game.

 

What makes you think so?

 

Well if you can't even proceed to elaborate a piece of text that actually makes sense, I don't know why I should argue with you. It's not like you even contributed anything or this could end up helping anything.



JocMeister #8 Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20443 battles
  • 1,595
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

They wont "start caring" before its already too late.

 



Zeki #9 Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4633 battles
  • 182
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View Postjabster, on 16 June 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

 

The bit were you said you just pressed R twice so you could die maybe? Frankly the game would be a lot better off without players like you.

 

Go buy some tequila and lemons to go with all that salt, please. :arta:

 

Seriously, I still don't get what double-pressing R has to do with team games.

 

And for the 2nd time, you aren't even providing anything constructive but the opposite.



Zeki #10 Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4633 battles
  • 182
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

You keep trying to derail this into a battlefield for whatever reason.

 

Perhaps you should uninstall the game yourself, and log out before you keep trolling people.



jabster #11 Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • 21,591
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostZeki, on 16 June 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

You keep trying to derail this into a battlefield for whatever reason.

 

Perhaps you should uninstall the game yourself, and log out before you keep trolling people.

 

I'm not the one who doesn't understand the concept of a team game am I?

FluffyRedFox #12 Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21562 battles
  • 7,691
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 16 June 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

PS: Whenever I buy a T10 tank, I also take the free 50% crew and dismiss the crew that was part of the whole Tier 1 - Tier 10 grind.

Sh!t, I've been doing it wrong this entire time....



panter22 #13 Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14928 battles
  • 350
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostZeki, on 16 June 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

I was playing today some games and suddenly got a survey asking me all about the fuss that has been going for days. I'm glad they actually want to improve, and it's not what it looked like on the video regarding Foch's review on the Chrysler and premium tanks.

 

I must admit this game isn't as appealing to me lately. With all this changes, the fact that we've been getting some changes I don't like personally, and simply because it takes forever to grind XP even with premium enabled makes this game a bit more dull compared to other online games. After the E3 there have been so many games for free or announced that it looks even more obvious this game has really strong competition out there.

 

I mean, the game's great, it has a lot of stuff I really like such as bouncing mechanics, a lot of variety, PvP-only mode, etc. but this formula won't appeal to the younger audiences for the most part. Stuff like having to grind for ages in order to reach the highest tier, the ever-growing collective that defends premium rounds are fine and spamming gold is awesome, the fact that you'll usually be at the bottom of triple-tier matches, artillery shells one-shotting light tanks that dash across the field...

 

 

I still have a question I've been asking myself since I started to understand how this game works: Why would someone go to Tier 10? It seems like the obvious goal to improve and get better and better tanks, then higher the tier, the less RNG I would expect, you also get to play vs your SAME TIER or lower, which is so much easier than playing vs 2 tiers above usually... so what? Am I supposed to waste time grinding lower tiers for an hour just so I can play a T10 with gold ammo like everyone else does? I do have premium now and games are all profitable for now, but I won't rely on a paid booster just to be able to play the tanks I like.

 

In short, T10 looks like the place where the greatest payers would be with maxed-out crews and 100% gold ammo, sounds worse than Pz I C gold spammers.

 

 

 

Who what now WG actually care LOL o man all they care is haw to make game P2W even more

m1x_angelico #14 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21540 battles
  • 678
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015
They DO actually care about certain things, but unfortunately our opinion doesn't seem to be one of those things.

arjun69 #15 Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 91755 battles
  • 782
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012

the only constructive i can provide is this:

LEAVE, nobody will miss you.



Zeki #16 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4633 battles
  • 182
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View Postm1x_angelico, on 16 June 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

They DO actually care about certain things, but unfortunately our opinion doesn't seem to be one of those things.

 

Might be true, I'll give them a chance though and see what this survey does for us.

BP_OMowe #17 Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24691 battles
  • 2,047
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View Postjabster, on 16 June 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

If you're not prepared to play a team game then just uninstall and find some other game.

 

Go play the Churchill VII as bottom tier, then come back and display your incredible contribution to the team effort.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users