m.41.90.gf

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Sir_IGI #1 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22382 battles
  • [DACUS] DACUS
When will be for sale M 41 90 gf? thanks...

qpranger #2 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31516 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSir_Ilie, on 16 June 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

Soon.

Cobra6 #3 Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSir_Ilie, on 16 June 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hopefully never because it's overpowered now.

Cobra 6

Pvt_Duffer #4 Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm going to guess about a week after the AMX 13 57 GF :trollface:

Search_Warrant #5 Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostCobra6, on 16 June 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Cobra 6

Yeh on himmelsdorf i sure am scared of that Blackdog more than the enemies 3 defender platoon. :P

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

Trully wanted the 13 57...

WG shot itself on both feet with a shotgun by nurfing LTs. Obviously, selling them now will not be a good idea.

xtrem3x #7 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31635 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostSir_Ilie, on 16 June 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostWindSplitter1, on 17 June 2017 - 12:01 AM, said:

Trully wanted the 13 57...

WG shot itself on both feet with a shotgun by nurfing LTs. Obviously, selling them now will not be a good idea.

WG already stated they don't plan to sell these 2 again in the future.

Doesn't mean they won't though...

WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

View Postxtram3x, on 17 June 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

WG already stated they don't plan to sell these 2 again in the future.

Doesn't mean they won't though...

Pretty sure they said something similar about the E 25. It popped up on sale for a day and I only learned that when the weekend was over. :angry:

Hoping that won't happen again, because it sucked when you need to train a crew...

NiemandXL #9 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View PostCobra6, on 16 June 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Cobra 6

But that's kinda bad too, isn't it? I mean that tank and the Defender are 2 of those tanks you really want for tier 8 and those who did not get them are now pretty much screwed and have to play inferior tanks.

And it's not just because I do not have the GF. I never really wanted one because it has the same awful low shell velocity the old RU had and it was the main reason why I never really liked that tank.

kripton69 #10 Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

I'll just be honest here. The M41 GF could easily be sold again, it's hardly overpowered. It was buffed a ton when it lost its scout matchmaking which effectively meant it went down from tier 9 to 8 and now everyone is talking about it in the same sentence with tanks like AMX 13 57. It's not even close. The M41 90 is so far behind 13 57 that it's not even funny. It's just the best in the bunch of worthless 240-250 alpha tanks of tier 8. That doesn't make it an OP tank and it's much worse than the new Lorraine 40t for instance.

It's easy to first look at the DPM and compare it to the tier 8 mediums. Ok, it's better. Then you look at the gun handling and you think it's got great bloom and aiming time. What could go wrong right? It's a fast, stealthy tank with -8 gun depression, great gun handling and high DPM! The perfect tank!

The tank has three extremely frustrating things that kill the tank for me.

1. Terrible shell speed.

2. A terrible 182 AP standard shell.

3. A terrible 250 HEAT premium shell with the same poor speed. Many tanks with bad shell speed have a high velocity premium round(typically APCR) available which gives them the extra tool of having a fast shell when needed. M41 90 isn't one of them.

Let's start with the obvious - 182 AP penetration at tier 8 is obsolete. You can't reliably pen same tier tanks and you'll be constantly bouncing off any higher tier tank with any armor. You'll also be bouncing off tanks that you thought were supposed to be paper. You can have all the DPM on the world but if your gun bounces off all the time it means nothing. You can always load gold right? Yeah, and you have to do that a lot(RIP profit) but the real frustration is that even your gold round is kind of weak. The 250 HEAT premium round was already a glaring weakness in any tank even before the retardproof armor became the dominating part of the game. It has all the downsides of HEAT(bad velocity, no overmatch, no normalization, doesn't work against spaced armor, can't usually track + damage a poorly angled tank) while only having a few points of penetration more than the typical 245~ APCR premium shells as compensation. It was the round that you loaded with tanks like this because you couldn't penetrate an IS-3 frontally with AP anywhere, only to find out the IS-3 would peek sideways and your gold shell would bounce off. Fun. Then there's that 250 HEAT is just worthless against tier 10 heavies and would already struggle pretty badly against something like an E75. So the penetration is just plain bad.

Shell speed isn't a big deal right? You just lead the shot a bit better and everything's fine! Well, no. The aiming mechanics of the game mean when you try to lead a shot with a gun with bad shell speed, it thinks you want to shoot the end of the map(or whatever your gun is pointing at) and "chips" the low speed shells which often results in them flying over the target or hitting some part of the tank you didn't want to hit. The system does not recognize that you're leading a shot. Furthermore when you have to lead several tank's lengths on a spotted target, any unpredictable patterns from him(such as wiggling, turning a little bit or getting tracked) screws your shot over even if it was perfectly led. Worse yet, with bad shell speed there are many shots that aren't even worth taking such as when an opponent peeks but realizes his mistake a little bit late. With a faster shell you could've maybe tracked + damaged him, maybe getting him killed in process. But with your M41 90 you never either got to land the shell or there's a good chance he got out of the way before you shell landed.  

The M41 90 is a terrible sniper. If you have a paper tank with seemingly good gun handling you'd at least want it to snipe decently. It does not, thanks to the bad penetration, the chipping of the shells and the number of things that can go wrong when you have to lead a shot so much. An IS-3 is much better at sniping than the M41 90. Even a KV-5 shooting APCR is probably better from long range even though its base accuracy is much worse. It's such a waste when an otherwise so well handling gun with decent base accuracy just won't hit anything far away.

Now let's have an icing on the cake. You remember the bad penetration I mentioned? It gets even worse when the shells land from above(=bad angle) because of the chipping which kills off the effective penetration of the gun even further. Of course it may help you against weak upper plates but usually the weak part of the tank that you aim for is the lower plate which is suddenly stronger because your shell lands from above in a terrible angle. Or if you were shooting HEAT which is notorious for not liking angles... well, suffice to say you'll be bouncing shells quite regularly that you think you should've penned.

It's starting to feel much less overpowered isn't it? There's more to a tank than DPM and mobility. Even the gun handling doesn't help when it's a lie unless you're brawling. I agree that the tank would be wonderful if it had like 1000m/s shell velocity but now it's just the best of the useless 240 alpha tanks of its tier. I personally can't stand playing it because of that. The gun is going to frustrate you so much with all the retarded bounces or missing tons of shots from medium to long range because of the bad shell speed.

The point is that this tank is just a lure. It looks so much better on paper than it is on the battlefield. You guys are missing out nothing. Buy yourself a Lorraine if you want a good, fast tier 8 medium. The M41 90 is just a bad tier 8 version of Type 64 with worse gun depression and no high velocity shell.

Edited by kripton69, 17 June 2017 - 03:15 AM.

Mr_Burrows #11 Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44309 battles
In all honesty, just grind to the Bulldog and start smiling as you have a better, more fun tank for "free". The GF is one of those prems I wish I had never bothered buying. 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 17 June 2017 - 05:30 AM.

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostCobra6, on 16 June 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Cobra 6

M41 90 is a pretty good tank. Very fun to play.

However, tanks like Chrysler, Patriot and Defender are still miles better in actually winning games... and WG has no problem selling those.

On many maps, M41 90 is still basically a fast medium tank with a 240 alpha gun and terrible pen... and no armor and hit points to trade.

Cobra6 #13 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 16 June 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Yeh on himmelsdorf i sure am scared of that Blackdog more than the enemies 3 defender platoon. :P

Apples and Oranges mate, sorry. Comparing it to any of the existing T8 scouts is what you should do and if you do that, it's superior to all if the player in it knows which of the 3 ammo types to load for what engagement.

View PostNiemandXL, on 17 June 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

But that's kinda bad too, isn't it? I mean that tank and the Defender are 2 of those tanks you really want for tier 8 and those who did not get them are now pretty much screwed and have to play inferior tanks.

And it's not just because I do not have the GF. I never really wanted one because it has the same awful low shell velocity the old RU had and it was the main reason why I never really liked that tank.

So just because some don't have them we should just abandon game balancing more and screw over the game experience of everyone more? That doesn't make sense.

View PostTankkiPoju, on 17 June 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

M41 90 is a pretty good tank. Very fun to play.

However, tanks like Chrysler, Patriot and Defender are still miles better in actually winning games... and WG has no problem selling those.

On many maps, M41 90 is still basically a fast medium tank with a 240 alpha gun and terrible pen... and no armor and hit points to trade.

That might be true because the tanks you named are specifically designed to protect the driver from his own mistakes as much as possible. They are what you call "Idiot Proof" vehicles.

The M41 90 GF is not one of those, it actually requires skill to play successfully and it also requires you to load the proper ammunition for each specific fight but if you do it's the best T8 light tank in the game.

Let's not forget it still has those 102mm pen HE shells which are devastating when used against other lightly armoured vehicles and sides of heavies/TD's.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 17 June 2017 - 10:16 AM.

TheMightyDingles #14 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3426 battles

View PostCobra6, on 17 June 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Let's not forget it still has those 102mm pen HE shells which are devastating when used against other lightly armoured vehicles and sides of heavies/TD's.

Cobra 6

Uww, I just learned something . Completely forgot about those HE shells. Seeing as its my worst played tank at present this might help a little . Thanks Cobra , your a treasure.

On a side note. I sold my M41 Gf last year then I heard you could ask for one tank back you sold no matter when . Thought it was nonsense but I duly dispatched a note to support and hey presto , it was back in my garage the next day . Since then it has really helped with my XVM camo :)

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostCobra6, on 17 June 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

That might be true because the tanks you named are specifically designed to protect the driver from his own mistakes as much as possible. They are what you call "Idiot Proof" vehicles.

The M41 90 GF is not one of those, it actually requires skill to play successfully and it also requires you to load the proper ammunition for each specific fight but if you do it's the best T8 light tank in the game.

Cobra 6

That's why I think WG should sell more premium tanks like M41 90.

It's not an autoloader, it cant clip enemies. It doesn't have hit points, so it can't trade much. Meaning you cant really solo tier 8 tanks except light tanks... unless you are really, really good. But M41 90 cant just press W, and face hug enemies.

Like you said, it requires skill and ammo choices are more than just "regular or skill rounds". Instead WG wants to sell idiot proof tanks, which are easy to sell. And HE ammo is borderline useless in most other tanks, why even bother using it.

And sure it's strong in correct hands, but also very easy to do badly in. It's not as fast as other tier 8 light tanks, it had worse camo, and it's a huge target.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 17 June 2017 - 02:01 PM.

Cobra6 #16 Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTheMightyDingles, on 17 June 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Uww, I just learned something . Completely forgot about those HE shells. Seeing as its my worst played tank at present this might help a little . Thanks Cobra , your a treasure.

On a side note. I sold my M41 Gf last year then I heard you could ask for one tank back you sold no matter when . Thought it was nonsense but I duly dispatched a note to support and hey presto , it was back in my garage the next day . Since then it has really helped with my XVM camo :)

Good luck with it!

View PostTankkiPoju, on 17 June 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

That's why I think WG should sell more premium tanks like M41 90.

It's not an autoloader, it cant clip enemies. It doesn't have hit points, so it can't trade much. Meaning you cant really solo tier 8 tanks except light tanks... unless you are really, really good. But M41 90 cant just press W, and face hug enemies.

Like you said, it requires skill and ammo choices are more than just "regular or skill rounds". Instead WG wants to sell idiot proof tanks, which are easy to sell. And HE ammo is borderline useless in most other tanks, why even bother using it.

And sure it's strong in correct hands, but also very easy to do badly in. It's not as fast as other tier 8 light tanks, it had worse camo, and it's a huge target.

Because doing 350 damage on the side of a Ferdinand never gets old :)

Cobra 6

Search_Warrant #17 Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostTheMightyDingles, on 17 June 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Reminds me of that poor obj140 i 1 shot last night at max range in my Type4 using the derp. served him right. he was annoying shooting me at range repeatedly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users