How do I deal with pushers?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Zeki #1 Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5001 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Alright, so I need to ask before joining them. How do I deal with pushers?

Long story short, I'm fed up with people that push you out of a bush because you aren't spotting. Even though I have 1500 spot damage on my tier 6 light. Binocs and camo nets are a lie like Santa and push-up bras. So I just tried to get back to the bush to spot and he pushes me again, he's clearly trolling me! The enemy team saw me, but I had time to run back to cover like the sneaky midget tank I am.

I tried saying "Dude WTF I was spotting, stop trolling" and he's back at me "Go spot you idiot" and shoots me. He clearly doesn't understand English. I just knew I was powerless, can't trade with such a big T8 cow with the T6 cattle, but I still put my full clip in his back, missing the ammo rack and the engine every single time unfortunately. Of course, I turned blue eventually, but didn't even care since it was the last game for today and I will be travelling this weekend so it should be gone by Tuesday when I'm back.

I won't bother reporting them through tickets again because I just get spam answers from a bot representative (Or at least I did the last 3 times i reported someone for pushing me down a bridge or into the water), but let's be honest, nobody gets banned for that unless they do it very very very VERY consistently and they get reported a bunch of times per day. Even then, I doubt they get any sort of penalties.

Is there something to do with this people? Aside from being AFK and trolling back of course. If there's anything I can do to make it count, please let me know. Otherwise, if we are completely powerless and nothing can be done, which basically means WG condones it, I shall start pushing people around as soon as I get back!

Happy tanking.

lafeel #2 Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
Going as far away from the person in question as possible tends to (usually) work in my expirience..

Isharial #3 Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18418 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

you report, you send replay to support, you forget about it

joining them is a bad idea, and most likely they'll get away scot free and you'll be the one to pay the price

I normally just stop moving and eventually they get bored because you aren't trying to escape

HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23559 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

what I do is just harass them without doing damage.

if they are going to shoot an enemy, a nudge to make them miss is the best!

of if they want to move, just block them.

the best is to piss them off enough that they shoot you :)

Steffin #5 Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23119 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

- Change flanks. You can just try to spot on a different part of the map, or join the mediums of your team.

- Play dead.  Find the closest safe position and stop moving at all.  He might try to push you, so make sure it is safe enough.  He might shoot at you, but that is his problem.

Never shoot at him.  Never do what he asks.

Dundato #6 Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25657 battles
You dont, its bloody annoying though, hope he asks for help later then tell him to bolt

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles

If you're providing vision for his position then simplest solution is to go spot on the other flank instead and leave him to try and spot for himself or die trying.

That said if you've got a heavy sufficiently close to your spotting position that he can push you out of cover while not getting himself lit up and nailed at the same time then that suggests your spotting position is probably not as useful as you seem to think so that heavy may have somewhat of a point.

Cabo_ose #8 Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24907 battles

If you play a light and some smart teammate start pushing you or is just annoying, you start to do the following:

*never in that game provide spot for him*

But do not shot the green ones, that is bad. And as said before move from there.

Because this stories with "go spot" are very stupid, the enemy is clearly on other side and some people need to learn first the positioning and not "the light is spotting and I will shoot from cover" which is not even a safe or good cover and they will die in the next minute. Also a light tank alive in minute 9 or 5 is more valuable than that initial spot.

Homer_J #9 Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlafeel, on 17 June 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

Going as far away from the person in question as possible tends to (usually) work in my expirience..

View PostSteffin, on 17 June 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

- Change flanks. You can just try to spot on a different part of the map, or join the mediums of your team.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 17 June 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

If you're providing vision for his position then simplest solution is to go spot on the other flank instead and leave him to try and spot for himself or die trying.

I'm sure you aren't going to like this solution but it really is the best way to deal with it.

Suurpolskija #10 Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16694 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View Postlafeel, on 17 June 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

Depending on if they killed you (send replay that gets copypaste answer) or just move to another bush. 

Just don't spot anything that guy could shoot. 

In any case, don't shoot back. This game favors bullies and it's a shame. 

Jigabachi #11 Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Move away, report him, ask the team to report him, too, using a full sentence an proper grammar, then move away and forget about it. Depending on how much of an idiot he is you can start a chat after the match and then you either troll him, call him names or try to explain why he is an idiot.

Reporting them to the support is 100% pointless.

Headless_Rooster #12 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9143 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI
and don't forget to put them on your blacklist, the chances of meeting them on the battlefield again is slim, but if you do you'll want to recognise them :playing:

Marlekin #13 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33410 battles
  • [HOFF] HOFF

I had a platoon chasing and pushing my UDES a while back. I tried to avoid them by racing around the map, and leading them through enemy fire which did saw one of them killed, but the other two wouldnt let up. It must have looked pretty weird on the minimap to other players in my team to see a td racing around followed by three mediums. At any rate, when the last two got on low hp I figured I'd risk it and kill them both. Didnt work out for me and I got a 60min ban. It did give me time to make a quick video about it:

Spoiler

According to WG and most players I shouldhve just let this happen to me, but you I'm sure you agree that this case was quite an exception to the rule. But of course, that doesnt matter to the auto-ban system. 

Barba_Electrica #14 Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17876 battles

----------------------------

Edited by Barba_Electrica, 05 March 2018 - 02:26 PM.

Shnuks #15 Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34725 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Like this

iztok #16 Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35163 battles

> How do I deal with pushers?

Fire a gun, so you become visible, then hide behind him. Repeat as necessary. And never EVER hit anyone on your team.

Scabolcz #17 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13308 battles
The wost that happened to me in this kinda of situation was when a freaking KV-5 pushed me out from the hill of Karelia in my ISU-152... I was spotted right away, and died instantly xD... That wanker

Well, just send a ticket to WG with the problem if they keep doing it all game.

HeidenSieker #18 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostMarlekin, on 17 June 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

you I'm sure you agree that this case was quite an exception to the rule

Nope, sorry.

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18718 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostZeki, on 16 June 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

Alright, so I need to ask before joining them. How do I deal with pushers?

Long story short, I'm fed up with people that push you out of a bush because you aren't spotting. Even though I have 1500 spot damage on my tier 6 light. Binocs and camo nets are a lie like Santa and push-up bras. So I just tried to get back to the bush to spot and he pushes me again, he's clearly trolling me! The enemy team saw me, but I had time to run back to cover like the sneaky midget tank I am.

I tried saying "Dude WTF I was spotting, stop trolling" and he's back at me "Go spot you idiot" and shoots me. He clearly doesn't understand English. I just knew I was powerless, can't trade with such a big T8 cow with the T6 cattle, but I still put my full clip in his back, missing the ammo rack and the engine every single time unfortunately. Of course, I turned blue eventually, but didn't even care since it was the last game for today and I will be travelling this weekend so it should be gone by Tuesday when I'm back.

I won't bother reporting them through tickets again because I just get spam answers from a bot representative (Or at least I did the last 3 times i reported someone for pushing me down a bridge or into the water), but let's be honest, nobody gets banned for that unless they do it very very very VERY consistently and they get reported a bunch of times per day. Even then, I doubt they get any sort of penalties.

Is there something to do with this people? Aside from being AFK and trolling back of course. If there's anything I can do to make it count, please let me know. Otherwise, if we are completely powerless and nothing can be done, which basically means WG condones it, I shall start pushing people around as soon as I get back!

Happy tanking.

That's the short version??? God damn son!

teamkill_2014 #20 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15976 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 17 June 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

what I do is just harass them without doing damage.

if they are going to shoot an enemy, a nudge to make them miss is the best!

of if they want to move, just block them.

the best is to piss them off enough that they shoot you :)

One guy today i accidentally shot him as he drove across my shot and he came and harassed me, tracked me twice and was obviously trying to bait me into shooting him again so i turn blue and he can kill me. He sat in front of my gun blocking me from shooting then tracked me again. Obviously he didnt realise he had then turned blue so next time he sat in front of my gun i blew him away with the Bl-10 troll cannon hahahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users