• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Marlekin #1 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33412 battles
  • [HOFF] HOFF

Oh hey, 

I'm not one to make rants, but this one did ruffle my jimmies a little bit. Just now I was scrolling through the current ToTT special article, currently about the chinese light techtree, and I noticed something. Its the equipment WG recommends on the WZ-131-1, which clearly focuses on damage output. Just to be clear, a 131-1 with vents, and full crewskills has 437m viewrange, which is actually the same or less than some other tier 10 mediums with that same setup. 

(Pic: Recommended requipment by WG on the WZ-131-1)

Lets hold this next to the 9.18 test micro-patch nerf to light tanks. In a nutshell, WG claimed that lights had such good viewranges that they were able to mount firepower improving equipment which took away from the medium tanks' role in the game. This was never true to begin with, as mediums had far superior dpm and gun stats overall, and even QB called "stupid" on this decision. But WG went ahead with this anyway and not only killed the light tanks potential, but also any validity the sandbox testing process might have had. Atleast for me, that is. Anyway, by nerfing viewranges on light tanks WG claimed that light now had to mount viewrange equipment to play their role in battles. 

Link: https://worldoftanks...nd_common_test/

So, what to make of this eh? Is this WG silently admitting that their changes on lights were total BS? Or is the editor of the ToTT article taking a subtle piss at WG's 9.18 test decision? In that case, good on him/her. Or is this just WG being out of touch with its own game in general? For me in any case, the light tank changes were looking great at the start of the 9.18 public test and WG kind of killed it. It still pi**es me off even today that some of my fav light tanks were changed (=nerfed) to make way for the total let down that are the tier 10 light tanks. So when I read an article by WG like this, it rubs me the wrong way. 

This concludes my mini rant.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.  

ASAMTIGASHUKNO #2 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18777 battles
  • [SC10N] SC10N
Trying to find logic in this company is a lost cause. WG is exploiting the never-ending tolerance of its playerbase which comes from basic addiction with the game. Tier 10 light tanks were never OP, you can make nearly any tank dance, given the perfect circumstances, but I guess the company doesn't like some variety in their game.

wremise #3 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48229 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

the main job of scouts isnt anymore to be scouts. Thats to the great MM chance you have often as a highttier a light tank. They have to do damage!

I know that the lights have a great camo while driving and so they should be good scouts, but they also have less view-range as the med tanks, so....

The sollution WG offered about the question: "Tier X meds are better scouts as the lights" is: OK! So they made out of the light tanks, who everyone reconized as scout tanks, light-med tanks there their main purpose would be to be a agile, low armour damage dealer.

The only problem out of it is, that people still belive, the only purpose of light tanks should be the scouting role.

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Postwremise, on 17 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

The only problem out of it is, that people still belive, the only purpose of light tanks should be the scouting role.

One of.

Especially when your team is too busy hand giving their rear armour to enemy camping TDs scouts are supposed to find. But with .38/.40 accuracy and reduced speed makes them difficult to carry a game.

Coupled with low armour and you essentially have a medium tank.

Camo on the move is irrelevant when a tank a tier higher has 400m base VR, while I consider own VR to be irrelevant since you can increase that regardless.

Shuddnobetta #5 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8757 battles
Speed and acceleration nerf is just a complete joke.... And really WHAT is going on with the view range thingy?

teamkill_2014 #6 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16421 battles

AMX 1357GF is still the coolest LT ever and a lot of fun.

However, after thousands of games in ELC and 3 marks of excellence now this tank is completely ruined. Speed nerf, Pen nerf. View range nerf, reload time nerf Total waste of time playing it now and it used to be a hell of a tank

Edited by teamkill_2014, 17 June 2017 - 11:32 PM.

NiemandXL #7 Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

View Postwremise, on 17 June 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

The sollution WG offered about the question: "Tier X meds are better scouts as the lights" is: OK! So they made out of the light tanks, who everyone reconized as scout tanks, light-med tanks there their main purpose would be to be a agile, low armour damage dealer.

Only that they are shitty at it. With crappy low DPM guns that have less accuracy than Russian heavies and in case of some of them even similar long aiming times. Lowest DPM on their tier, lowest penetration, and worst accuracy, and that really does not exactly point to a role as combat vehicles.

Edited by NiemandXL, 18 June 2017 - 11:31 AM.

ZlatanArKung #8 Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
WGs main policy that overshadows everything else is money, and how to make more of it.
if nerfing/buffing lights will make WG more money, they will nerf/buff lights. No matter how good/bad lights are doing.

Balance comes second to making money, and as much as possible for WG.

Because, how else can you release Nameless, or claim Defender if balanced...

HundeWurst #9 Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70001 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostZlatanArKung, on 18 June 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

WGs main policy that overshadows everything else is money, and how to make more of it.
if nerfing/buffing lights will make WG more money, they will nerf/buff lights. No matter how good/bad lights are doing.

Very much true. Balancing is not used to keep or restore balance but for monetisation instead. Its a mere tool to make people buy premium content.

That however wont work in the longrun. For now they can feed on the huge playerbase. But even such a big playerbase will eventually break away with such an approach.

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 18 June 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Very much true. Balancing is not used to keep or restore balance but for monetisation instead. Its a mere tool to make people buy premium content.

That however wont work in the longrun. For now they can feed on the huge playerbase. But even such a big playerbase will eventually break away with such an approach.

I hope it will, and pretty soon Aswell so we might get a change from WG...

HundeWurst #11 Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70001 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostZlatanArKung, on 18 June 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

I hope it will, and pretty soon Aswell so we might get a change from WG...

I dont think that will happen soon. I guess the timeframe is a year or something before we as players will even realize that its going downhill.

Slyspy #12 Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWunderWurst, on 18 June 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

I dont think that will happen soon. I guess the timeframe is a year or something before we as players will even realize that its going downhill.

People have been saying that since I joined. What was the expected lifetime of the game at launch? I suspect that it has already surpassed any expectations that WG had at launch and all things come to an end.

HundeWurst #13 Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70001 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostSlyspy, on 18 June 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

People have been saying that since I joined. What was the expected lifetime of the game at launch? I suspect that it has already surpassed any expectations that WG had at launch and all things come to an end.

True there always have been plenty of doomsday prophets around. However they often based their predictions on unreasonable or flat out wrong "facts".

Now I am not a wizzard either but I am pretty sure that even such huge communities and games like WoT have a limit for bad things happening to the game. And for the first time I strongly feel like that this is going into a direction which will make WoT lose players in the longrun.

I feel like WG did not  realize how important the free2play users are for their game. It only works because of them, yet they do anything in their power to push them away from the game.

Lord_Edge #14 Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5987 battles

View Postwremise, on 17 June 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Because that was their job on a real battlefield and at lower tiers in the game.

IMO high tier LTs should never have been added, they have no proper role in the game at that level as the high tier MTs are essentially (and in many cases literally) MBTs and so cover the roles of LT/MT.  Hell the high tier HTs are mostly the last ones produced by those countries before MBTs became dominant.

Pansenmann #15 Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34137 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There are certain MM problems when you are forced to play a 3-5-7 template against 3 top tier LT and sit in a -2 tier HT.

The skill difference is sometimes very high between the teams and once the own teams LT are dead the game is over.

But that is just another issue WG created with the new MM and high tier LT.

nowadays LT have to scout AND do damage.

just scouting for the team is not enough anymore, especially when top tier.

and hanging back sniping is bad either because then own team is blind.

Edited by Pansenmann, 18 June 2017 - 01:19 PM.

5everin #16 Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78875 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostZlatanArKung, on 18 June 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

Spot on. The aim of balance in this game has never been to make all tanks equal (but different) but to make people flock to one line or another and spend money on obtaining the new "it tank" asap.

Thats why things like the KV-1s existed at T6 in its stupidly op state for so long,  The E5 "accidental" over buff and failure to fix it for over a year, the high tier Russian and Czech meds... Then of course there is the beyond rediculous gold ammo and tanks that suddenly go form medioca to really, really good with its use....

Only real change is now they are pumping Prem tanks directly rather than just letting people use them for quick grinding/ gold funding.

Edited by 5everin, 18 June 2017 - 01:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users