Arty should be reduced

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TK_Team #1 Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15034 battles
  • [FOXYR] FOXYR
Some time ago wot said that number of artys will be reduced to max 3 per game. I think this is still to much. They stay in the bush and destroy the game. Max numbers of artys? 2, but better just 1. If 3 artys are present the game starting to be not so much in joining. What do you think?

ellua #2 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1160 battles
My favourite number for arty is 0.

TheMightyDingles #3 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3495 battles
I think Arty isn't the threat it was and generally there are fewer about anyway   . Yes it can be annoying but so can a 1000 hp loss from a Jageroo .  Keep moving , keep smiling , enjoy your games instead of letting it get to you .

Xandania #4 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36447 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Lets put it like this: arty provokes two kind of gameplay:

Keeping safe and playing aggressively.

Keeping safe allows for a longer game and therefore is better for the arty, even if more enemies are in cover.

Playing aggressively usually means the arty is dead soon, but also that the quality of shots it can make is better.

now, if part of your team (and I'm looking at the lights and meds here) keeps safe and doesn't provide vision, others will be spotted in inopportune moments and get artied. Basically saying, arty isn't much of a problem if a team does support each other and people look at the minimap and guess the enemies advances. Naturally, this rarely happens. Which in turn means arty can have a good game too.

For me, I had no problem with the old arty, and I don't have one with the new version. The old was a hard hitting roulette, the new one is a soft hitting debuff. And even those 5 arty games, while annoying, could be played very well with vision games and repositioning. .....

If I think about it, could we have them back? ^.^

Anyhow, I'm thankful that arty will get to  too up again with others next patch.

Other than that: why do you thing they stay in the back with their minute hp-pool and long range guns with that wonderful precision? Because they are the long range support, which you can avoid by being in cover (whereever appilcable). Only truely dangerous to those who are oblivious to their surroundings (and I'm guilty of that most of the time myself). But thats my fault, not the arties. It is there, it has it's mechanics and I know them. So the fault is at the receiving end. Pretty much as driving out in front of a heavy to flank them - I know he is there and loaded and aimed at me, but I take the risk (sometimes).

All right, textwall over, nothing to see here ^^ - except, hello and welcome to the forums, even if it is a complaint-post without use of search function

Pandabird #5 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
OP, you are essentially asking for arty to be in *every* game.
Atm i'd guess 3/4 games have arty in them, if max number is reduced, where will the rest go? To the remaining 1/4 of course.

Sfinski #6 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31728 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostPandabird, on 17 June 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

OP, you are essentially asking for arty to be in *every* game.
Atm i'd guess 3/4 games have arty in them, if max number is reduced, where will the rest go? To the remaining 1/4 of course.

Unless max number is 0.

leggasiini #7 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14275 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Arty should be reduced deleted

ftfy

HundeWurst #8 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69975 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View Postellua, on 17 June 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

My favourite number for arty is 0.

Thi, I agree with you on that one.

Aim_Away_From_Face #9 Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26 battles

View PostXandania, on 17 June 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Keeping safe allows for a longer game and therefore is better for the arty, even if more enemies are in cover.

Playing aggressively usually means the arty is dead soon, but also that the quality of shots it can make is better.

now, if part of your team (and I'm looking at the lights and meds here) keeps safe and doesn't provide vision, others will be spotted in inopportune moments and get artied. Basically saying, arty isn't much of a problem if a team does support each other and people look at the minimap and guess the enemies advances. Naturally, this rarely happens. Which in turn means arty can have a good game too.

For me, I had no problem with the old arty, and I don't have one with the new version. The old was a hard hitting roulette, the new one is a soft hitting debuff. And even those 5 arty games, while annoying, could be played very well with vision games and repositioning. .....

Anyhow, I'm thankful that arty will get to  too up again with others next patch.

Other than that: why do you thing they stay in the back with their minute hp-pool and long range guns with that wonderful precision? Because they are the long range support, which you can avoid by being in cover (whereever appilcable). Only truely dangerous to those who are oblivious to their surroundings (and I'm guilty of that most of the time myself). But thats my fault, not the arties. It is there, it has it's mechanics and I know them. So the fault is at the receiving end. Pretty much as driving out in front of a heavy to flank them - I know he is there and loaded and aimed at me, but I take the risk (sometimes).

All right, textwall over, nothing to see here ^^ - except, hello and welcome to the forums, even if it is a complaint-post without use of search function

Jesus H f'king Christ, someone has posted sensible, well thought out stuff in an arty thread. 

Must put lottery on tonight

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #10 Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21660 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Dear TK_TEAM,

You ask what we think?.

Xandania speaks a lot of sense to me.

And you should be more aware of your surroundings, and posted this whine proposal in the pinned thread at the top of the gameplay forum.

Regards

Tommy.

Edited by Tommy_Atkins_Teapot, 17 June 2017 - 04:14 PM.

WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostAim_Away_From_Face, on 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostXandania, on 17 June 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Jesus H f'king Christ, someone has posted sensible, well thought out stuff in an arty thread. 

Must put lottery on tonight

I know, right?

psychobear #12 Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18980 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostTK_Team, on 17 June 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Arty should be reduced.

No. Arty should be removed.

ellua #13 Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1160 battles

View Postpsychobear, on 17 June 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

I think this will be best solution:

Best give this options for all players, but allow it on EU1 server only to test stuff. EU2 can use old MM rules so changing there will not affect MM.

EVERYBODY HAPPY

HeidenSieker #14 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostTK_Team, on 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Some time ago wot said that number of artys will be reduced to max 3 per game. I think this is still to much. They stay in the bush and destroy the game. Max numbers of artys? 2, but better just 1. If 3 artys are present the game starting to be not so much in joining. What do you think?

I think that despite the huge HE nerf, despite all SPGs bar a "historical" few being changed to fire HE only, despite the available consumables to deal with the effects of stun, and despite everything else, you have failed to adapt to a new style, and have your feet cemented into previous unimaginitive and ingrained dogma, that showing itself in your poor stats for your battle count (as other forumites are fond of telling people).

So, change the way you play, and perhaps play some more games in SPGs to get the idea of ho they now work, in addition to the 303 you've previously played in the last 2 1/2 years or so..

Hedgehog1963 #15 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51286 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I want SPGs to be the way they were before.  Current version is really bad and it ruins my LT battles.

teamkill_2014 #16 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16421 battles
Number one priority when i play scout is to get to the back line of enemy team and kill all clickers

fighting_falcon93 #17 Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31229 battles

View PostPandabird, on 17 June 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

where will the rest go?

The rest of the arta players can go to the control panel and uninstall WoT :great:

monthey_ #18 Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36254 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 17 June 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

The rest of the arta players can go to the control panel and uninstall WoT :great:

I second that :D

sbosog #19 Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 66508 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

View Postpsychobear, on 17 June 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Totally agree with u... its time to get the game free of that broken class! 

Alukat123 #20 Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11227 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 17 June 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

I think that despite the huge HE nerf, despite all SPGs bar a "historical" few being changed to fire HE only, despite the available consumables to deal with the effects of stun, and despite everything else, you have failed to adapt to a new style, and have your feet cemented into previous unimaginitive and ingrained dogma, that showing itself in your poor stats for your battle count (as other forumites are fond of telling people).

So, change the way you play, and perhaps play some more games in SPGs to get the idea of ho they now work, in addition to the 303 you've previously played in the last 2 1/2 years or so..

lol, so how should heavy tank drivers adapt? sit in bushes right next to TDs? hiding behind rocks, hills and/or houses usually doesn't work anymore due to the increased splash radius....

Anyway Arty should be either removed or capped to 1 per team.

Edited by Alukat123, 18 June 2017 - 12:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users