I am being punished for the game crashing

Crashing Unfair punishment

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

rigrat #1 Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5315 battles
Ever since a few upgrades ago, world of tanks crashes my computer randomly. Nothing else does this. I have run FurMark for hours with no crashes. But now Someone at World of tanks has started punishing me for leaving the game early. I DID NOT LEAVE THE GAME. YOUR PROGRAM CRASHED MY COMPUTER.

How do i complain about the summary judgements?

How do I stop this game from crashing. I have spent a small fortune on this game.

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Postrigrat, on 17 June 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

Ever since a few upgrades ago, world of tanks crashes my computer randomly. Nothing else does this. I have run FurMark for hours with no crashes. But now Someone at World of tanks has started punishing me for leaving the game early. I DID NOT LEAVE THE GAME. YOUR PROGRAM CRASHED MY COMPUTER.

How do i complain about the summary judgements?

How do I stop this game from crashing. I have spent a small fortune on this game.

If your computer keeps crashing while playing, shouldn't you solve that before hitting 'Battle' again? What about the rest of the teams you are playing on that keep ending up down a tank?

Have you contacted support? And are windows and all drivers up to date?

fighting_falcon93 #3 Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31246 battles

Try reinstalling the game. If that doesn't help try updating your graphics drivers. If that doesn't help try reinstalling your operating system.

Without any error messages or similiar it's really difficult to say what the problem is.

azakow #4 Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 76078 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 17 June 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Try reinstalling the game. If that doesn't help try updating your graphics drivers. If that doesn't help try reinstalling your operating system.

Without any error messages or similiar it's really difficult to say what the problem is.

Reinstall game client with no mods. Then try out, then install your mods one by one.

WaifuRacer #5 Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20974 battles
  • [BLNC] BLNC
Also: When testing: DO NOT hit queue, start a replay file, you can test stability that way.

Isharial #6 Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19841 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCzaganymatyas, on 18 June 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

Also: When testing: DO NOT hit queue, start a replay file, you can test stability that way.

or use the proving ground, as that wont affect anyone else either

Tulikukka #7 Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1421 battles
Might be your HDD having bad sectors... WoT relies a lot on your HDD being top performer 

Jigabachi #8 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

YOU are in charge for making sure that your system can run the game.

YOU decided to hit BATTLE although you know that you have a problem with game crashes you didn't fix yet.

So how the hell is the punishment you got "unfair"? :rolleyes:

Anyway, in order to give advice, we need more details. But you can already try a fresh and clean install, like people already wrote. That tends to fix many problems.

edit: Oh... one last thing:

Block Quote

I have spent a small fortune on this game.

Yeah. Congratulations. Buying hightier premtanks when you are still a new player is the worst thing you can do in this game. Instead of spending money, you should actually learn to play the game, because right now, you play at the level of a BOT with your hightier tanks, which will earn you even more reports.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66299 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well, there is no sign on your tank saying "my game crashed". You go idle, you get reported. Just the way it works. So trying to fix that before you play more is not the worst idea. You can use replays or the tutorial to "check" if it's more stable without the risk of getting reports. As most crashes in this game is not directly WG's fault vs the user if you will. As 90% of the crashes are old mods or bad drivers vs a system conflict. So when the game suddenly start to crash often, you gotta ask yourself what changed you did to either the system or hardware when the issues started. As in did it start after you last updated your GPU drivers? Installed mod packs for WOT etc.

So if you have used any mods and not updated them in ages, try running the game in safe mode first. You can find it next to the play button on the update launcher or in the WG game center. If the game works fine then, then it's mod related, not game related. And that's your issue.

If that don't work.  "%appdata%/wargaming.net/Worldoftanks/" paste that into windows explorer and delete everything there. That folder is used by the game, and not "cleared" when you update. Most mods can toss stuff in there that can cause conflicts, even if it's a mod you used 4 versions ago.

If you still have issues. Then try a driver roll back. As in using an older GPU driver and see if that helps. If you have it on automatic updates, it could be the cause if your issues to without you taking notice of it. Or it could be that you have not updated it in ages, and it's causing issues that way. If so.. it's not the worst idea to try and find the latest version.

If that don't work... a fresh install of the game is not the worst idea either.

Since you give us nothing to go on. This is the basic check list most do before they complain here. So do that first.

If it still crashes, it could be hardware related to. As in a bad HDD as pointed out above.. But to the standard checklist first and see.

Edited by Balc0ra, 18 June 2017 - 04:08 PM.

FritzSpiegal #10 Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16407 battles
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F

To be honest, the OPs problems differ from what I get.

I have had the game crash on me quite a few times. Sometimes as a freeze (needed to close from task manager as everything unresponsive), or sometimes as a complete disconnect. This  is not a PC crash, just the game though

While this is very annoying, I have restarted the game and after the (long) reload time rejoined where I was (frequently dead but not always) and have never been accused of leaving the battle.

I imagine I appear AFK as on replays that's how it looks..

Strappster #11 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 24176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 17 June 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Before doing any of that, remove all your mods and try again. If the crashes stop, install one mod at a time until you've determined which is causing it. If the crashes continue with no mods or you weren't running mods in the first place, then carry on with these steps.

I'd guesstimate that 99.9% of faults with the game are caused by mods that haven't been updated, something that's especially important at times like these when we seem to get a new micro-patch every week.

lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
On a related note, has anyone else noticed the game crashing a lot since the last minipatch?

Strappster #13 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 24176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 18 June 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

On a related note, has anyone else noticed the game crashing a lot since the last minipatch?

Not once before or after, though the only mod I'm using is Ekspoint's Auto-Equip and some skins.

NettiWelho #14 Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12334 battles

View Postrigrat, on 17 June 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

If your entire computer is crashing, as in bluescreening or completely otherwise locking up and requiring a restart, the problem is most likely in your own setup and not Wargamings game clients code.  :hiding:

Look up on google how to check/turn on bluescreen crash logs on your version of windows and track down the culprit. It most likely isn't the game.

I see you have ran furmark, I'd further recommend you get a free copy of memtest86 and test your memory stability.

Edited by NettiWelho, 18 June 2017 - 06:54 PM.

teamkill_2014 #15 Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16421 battles
for sure it will be graphic card drivers, maybe make sure you have the latest for your card, or if u have the latest ones roleback to some earlier ones that are known stable

Edited by teamkill_2014, 18 June 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Aikl #16 Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 18 June 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

Nah, but WoT does seem to enjoy a fresh reinstall if it has gone through multiple patches. No particular reason why that should work, but it has in the past for me.

lord_chipmonk #17 Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostStrappster, on 18 June 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Not once before or after, though the only mod I'm using is Ekspoint's Auto-Equip and some skins.

This is with a fresh vanilla installation and up to date graphics drivers. Occasionally WG releases a patch that makes my client crash and then next patch it will be fine. Go figure. 

p.s. Thanks for your thoughts fellas. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 18 June 2017 - 07:43 PM.

Strappster #18 Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 24176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 18 June 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

This is with a fresh vanilla installation and up to date graphics drivers. Occasionally WG releases a patch that makes my client crash and then next patch it will be fine. Go figure. 

p.s. Thanks for your thoughts fellas. 

Now you mention it, I did have a game earlier this month where the ground suddenly acquired sky textures. Updated my graphics drivers (nVidia) and haven't seen it since.

HugSeal #19 Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC
No, you are punished for entering battles with an unstable system that you know are unstable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users