Should WG release the Nameless on the EU server ?

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

DracheimFlug #61 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 11339 battles

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 June 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

So a bunch of anti-anime cry-babys don't want the tank? Frak them

I want those tanks, and i'm pretty sure there will be paying customers among the silent majority (i.e. the guys/ gals that do not come to t5he forums to whine about, hax, premium ammo, p2w, anime tanks and pretty much everything else).

Please reconsider putting them up for sale, and those who do not want them, don't have to buy them. Simple.

Only if there is a separate anime tank mode. Otherwise, just... no.

dennez #62 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20462 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMrConway, on 19 June 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

the majority of you don't want to have these "fantasy tanks" available here.

That great news indeed, because we like to keep the EU server clean without any blatantly OP fantasy tanks!!

Oh wait..

jabster #63 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12998 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostMrConway, on 19 June 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Just to clarify this for Quickybaby and all of you: We have no plans to release any of these tanks on the EU server.

This is of course something we considered, but judging by the feedback we have seen from the EU server, the majority of you don't want to have these "fantasy tanks" available here.

Please do however remember that this is a game and that we have no aspirations to be a historical tank simulator ;)

It's good to hear that there's no plans to introduce them but the historical tank simulator comment is I feel a bit more complex than that. Clearly WoT isn't that but it does have a basis, a rather large one, in historical tanks even if this is stretched for the needs of balance and providing tech trees.

In terms of immersion I can just about put up with say a Grille 15 (how did they load shells and god knows what would happen when they fired one) but these tanks actually come from a fantasy setting which to me is a step too far.

_JohnConnor #64 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38297 battles

I prefer the prism tank if anything so I vote no.

also my favorite anime is the simpsons.

eldrak #65 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59480 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

I'm ok with fantasy tanks in time limited modes separated from other game modes.

Things like the bouncing moonbase laser balls or the ww1 cars can be fun for a while and can serve as training projects for new mapmakers and programmers at WG.

Jethro_Grey #66 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6265 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostDracheimFlug, on 19 June 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Only if there is a separate anime tank mode. Otherwise, just... no.

Don't like them, don't buy them. Simple.

Denying others the fun of playing them is just a *Edited move.

Edited by Nohe21, 20 June 2017 - 08:44 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Isharial #67 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 33456 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posteldrak, on 19 June 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

I'm ok with fantasy tanks in time limited modes separated from other game modes.

Things like the bouncing moonbase laser balls or the ww1 cars can be fun for a while and can serve as training projects for new mapmakers and programmers at WG.

and can ofcourse, show what they can create

even if these modes stayed permanently, they were fun modes, even the nameless could have a mode just like this, and stay if WG so please, I doubt people would complain about that

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 June 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Denying others the fun of playing them is just a d1ck move.

but this is also true.. people wish to play them, why cant they?

there are many tanks in this game that would never have worked in reality.. even the KV-2 didn't work very well in reality, it works much better in this game however

these anime tanks aren't any different really, many of the blueprints in game never saw light of day

jabster #68 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12998 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 June 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Er no as they appear in the games you play. Let WG introduce a horribly OP tank at say £200 which is fine according to as you don't have to buy it.

LaManche #69 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23982 battles
  • [_HER_] _HER_

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 June 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

I think that you can get the skin for them where the Panther 8,8 is Nameless and M4A1 Revalorise is the other one. That means that you will have the benefit of playing your weird looking tank AND everybody else will not see the monstrosity you're driving. It's a win-win situation.

You can always register on ASIA server and enjoy playing it there, like QB. :)

Alien_Warfare #70 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12244 battles

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 June 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

you're a special little boy, aren't u?, have u seen how OP that tank is? it will break the game more than it already is

anyway this game is already broken so i guess it won't do much damage if they do release weeaboo tanks 

Edited by _LUL_, 19 June 2017 - 12:38 PM.

Seonnut #71 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41843 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostMrConway, on 19 June 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

This is of course something we considered, but judging by the feedback we have seen from the EU server, the majority of you don't want to have these "fantasy tanks" available here.

Can you please remove all these blueprint only tanks in the game then too? Many of these were just "fantasy".

Bora_BOOM #72 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38215 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Anime tanks - uhmm.... no, sry.

OP tanks - no.

OP anime tanks - hell no!

So no, please. Mainly cause the Nameless is straight bad for the game, even if you remove the "anime" there is something much worst beneath. Anime is actually a camo for another OP/broken tank, like a Trojan horse from WG trying to make us argue about anime while they are trying to smuggle another OP broken thing in the game. 

I appreciate and have nothing against anime, although its not my cup of tea. Having them in WW2 game is pushing this game towards something else. It has started with painted tanks, clown camo, now anime. We have blueprints and imaginary tanks, tomorrow who knows what...

Community has chewed, and swallowed, and chewed up too many bad things in the game already, WG dont make it worse, especially not now. Havent you learned anything? Rly...

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 19 June 2017 - 01:01 PM.

tajj7 #73 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34861 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 June 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

So a bunch of anti-anime cry-babys don't want the tank? *Edited

I want those tanks, and i'm pretty sure there will be paying customers among the silent majority (i.e. the guys/ gals that do not come to t5he forums to whine about, hax, premium ammo, p2w, anime tanks and pretty much everything else).

Please reconsider putting them up for sale, and those who do not want them, don't have to buy them. Simple.

We have no choice to actually see them and that is not the game I signed up for, whilst this game is not a simulation it's also not a cartoon or tribute to some game that most people barely even heard off let alone want in the game *Edited

Not to mention the nameless is horrifically OP as well.

If you want those tanks go buy them on the SEA server, nothing is stopping you doing that and it doesn't impact us. 

-------------------------------------------------------

One question this does raise is why the *Edited are WG so bad at balancing heavies? Edelweiss seems fine, mobile, bit of troll armour, lowish pen, ok DPM, ok gun handling, no better and no worse than most other tier 8 meds.

Nameless, hands down better than anything at tier 8 by a country mile, as mobile as most mediums with the same armour as the liberte but with a better cupola and better gun handling/DPM and alpha than the Patriot. WTF. 

Edited by Nohe21, 20 June 2017 - 08:57 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Wayneable #74 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47502 battles

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 June 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

So a bunch of anti-anime cry-babys don't want the tank? *Edited

If you want to pay 91£ for these tanks and play them ,no one here is stopping you from opening an account on the Asian server!

MrConway #75 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

WoWs Community Manager

• Veteran
  • 13065 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View PostSeonnut, on 19 June 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Can you please remove all these blueprint only tanks in the game then too? Many of these were just "fantasy".

Sigh...

If we restricted ourselves only to tanks that were built, we would soon run out of tanks to implement altogether. One of the great things about doing all this research and finding these blueprints is that we can bring actual tank designs to life that for some reason or other never made it to production. Calling these fantasy tanks is not a fair comparison here.

View Postjabster, on 19 June 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

It's good to hear that there's no plans to introduce them but the historical tank simulator comment is I feel a bit more complex than that. Clearly WoT isn't that but it does have a basis, a rather large one, in historical tanks even if this is stretched for the needs of balance and providing tech trees.

In terms of immersion I can just about put up with say a Grille 15 (how did they load shells and god knows what would happen when they fired one) but these tanks actually come from a fantasy setting which to me is a step too far.

The comment was more aimed at OP's rather aggressive tone than anything else :)

Personally I can see both sides of the argument, but the majority of EU players would like the game to stay more historical so we will stick with this for now.

fighting_falcon93 #76 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32647 battles

View PostMrConway, on 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Personally I can see both sides of the argument, but the majority of EU players would like the game to stay more historical so we will stick with this for now.

Thank you very much. And please promise to never add any fantasy/cartoon/anime tanks to the game. Real projects drawn by real enginers are ok, but not from a cartoon :)

Unkel_Dolan #77 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35963 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostMrConway, on 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Sigh...

If we restricted ourselves only to tanks that were built, we would soon run out of tanks to implement altogether. One of the great things about doing all this research and finding these blueprints is that we can bring actual tank designs to life that for some reason or other never made it to production. Calling these fantasy tanks is not a fair comparison here.

Most of them didn't make it to production because they were stupid and/or unrealistic designs, with fatal flaws such as not being able to fit normal sized crewmen or having their gun recoil into the rear of the turret, etc. They're fantasy tanks, as in they would only work in their designers' fantasies.

Block Quote

the majority of EU players would like the game to stay more historical

where is the proof?

tajj7 #78 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34861 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMrConway, on 19 June 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Sigh...

The comment was more aimed at OP's rather aggressive tone than anything else :)

Whilst that is good to hear, could you comment, purely from a balance perspective, how the hell the nameless is considered 'balanced', especially since whole Chrysler K fiasco?

We were told (I think) that WG were listening to our concerns about pay to win tanks, but when the next premiums appear, albeit on SEA only, one of them is clearly very pay to win and very OP. If even QB points this out in such direct terms it's surely a concern no? 

DracheimFlug #79 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 11339 battles

View Postbraintuma, on 19 June 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Most of them didn't make it to production because they were stupid and/or unrealistic designs, with fatal flaws such as not being able to fit normal sized crewmen or having their gun recoil into the rear of the turret, etc. They're fantasy tanks, as in they would only work in their designers' fantasies.

Actually most of them didn't go into production because producing huge numbers of different tanks is really bad for supply and it is far better to settle on standardized designs. 

Block Quote

where is the proof?

The most basic level of proof is that the people playing this game are playing this game, instead of, say a mechwarrior game or some Anime game. Presumably they are playing this game at least in part because historical (or historical-ish) tanks are interesting to them.

Unkel_Dolan #80 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35963 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostDracheimFlug, on 19 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Presumably

not a proof

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users