[Solved] Redirections from EU to RU server seems intentional...

eu ru servers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16646 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

I wanted to create a new account (before anyone mentions it, it's not for rerolling purposes) and again, I keep getting tossed to the RU region.

As others have suggested, DNS could be an issue but it wasn't. After reseting the router I've noticed Dynamic DNS was never on.

This has happened before, but when I payed close attention to the URL, this change seemed intentiona. I just checked again the Prem shop and nothing everything's fine butl:

When I hovered the cursor on "Join Now" button, it gives me this:

http://cpm.wargaming...u.wargaming.net

And also another one:

https://ru.wargaming...gistration/ru/?change_realm=1

"Change Realm"? I think that explains half of it. But this is before you click the link while still in EU. Can't remember which, though.

Seems as new registrations from EU are being thrown to RU for some reason. I'm not pointing fingers or anything, surely there's a plausible explanation but... Which is it?

Again, no VPN either. Any thoughts?

Edited by WindSplitter1, 20 June 2017 - 12:01 AM.

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9127 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 19 June 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

I wanted to create a new account (before anyone mentions it, it's not for rerolling purposes) and again, I keep getting tossed to the RU region.

As others have suggested, DNS could be an issue but it wasn't. After reseting the router I've noticed Dynamic DNS was never on.

This has happened before, but when I payed close attention to the URL, this change seemed intentiona. I just checked again the Prem shop and nothing everything's fine butl:

And also another one:

"Change Realm"? I think that explains half of it. But this is before you click the link while still in EU. Can't remember which, though.

Seems as new registrations from EU are being thrown to RU for some reason. I'm not pointing fingers or anything, surely there's a plausible explanation but... Which is it?

Where are you geographically? And for me whenever I do something 'outside the area' like check the NA forums, it tells me I should be in EU and asks me if I want to stay on the NA page. Strange that it would not be asking you. 

magkiln #3 Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24856 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View PostWindSplitter1, on 19 June 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

And also another one:

It may also be inside your computer. Have you tried purging the dns?

250swb #4 Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The KGB and the Russian mafia are using your PC while you are asleep, so it would seem sensible everything remains 'in house'.

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16646 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostDracheimFlug, on 19 June 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Where are you geographically? And for me whenever I do something 'outside the area' like check the NA forums, it tells me I should be in EU and asks me if I want to stay on the NA page. Strange that it would not be asking you. 

I am in Portugal, which is EU's farthest Country to Russia... :/

Yes, it does give me the prompt to switch to EU or remain in the Russian page ..only to redirect me again to the Russian page. :facepalm:

View Postmagkiln, on 19 June 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

It may also be inside your computer. Have you tried purging the dns?

Haven't tried that yet. Just did it will log off and try again.

View Post250swb, on 19 June 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

The KGB and the Russian mafia are using your PC while you are asleep, so it would seem sensible everything remains 'in house'.

ЛOЛ! Надеюсь нет...

EDIT: Thanks guys. Now, clicking the same Russian links redirects me to EU automatically.

Looks that flushing local DNS solved it.

Thank you again :)

Edited by WindSplitter1, 20 June 2017 - 12:00 AM.

magkiln #6 Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24856 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

View PostWindSplitter1, on 19 June 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

Haven't tried that yet. Just did it will log off and try again.

ЛOЛ! Надеюсь нет...

EDIT: Thanks guys. Now, clicking the same Russian links redirects me to EU automatically.

Looks that flushing local DNS solved it.

Thank you again :)

Good to hear. If it ever happens again, there is one more option and that's switching to the Open DNS server or google DNS. Wargaming customer support actually had me do that when I ran into the same problem and even flushing the DNS didn't work. You have to be careful though, because a typing error can seriously mess things up.

Also tagged with eu, ru, servers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users