POLL: What tech tree after the Polish one?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: POLL: What tech tree after the Polish one? (224 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What tree of the following would you like the most in WoT, after the Polish one?

1. Swiss Tree (11 votes [4.91%])

Percentage of vote: 4.91%

2. Italian Tree (141 votes [62.95%])

Percentage of vote: 62.95%

3. Yugoslav Tree (12 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

4. Romanian Tree (12 votes [5.36%])

Percentage of vote: 5.36%

5. Hungarian Tree (18 votes [8.04%])

Percentage of vote: 8.04%

6. Spanish Tree (3 votes [1.34%])

Percentage of vote: 1.34%

7. Israeli Tree (13 votes [5.80%])

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

8. Argentine Mini-Tree (it was actually mentioned in the past) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. South American Tree (1 vote [0.45%])

Percentage of vote: 0.45%

10. Commonwealth Tree (6 votes [2.68%])

Percentage of vote: 2.68%

11. Arab Tree (7 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

Vote Hide poll

davidblader #1 Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles
  • [DRACL] DRACL

Hello. You probably know that the Polish tree will be WoT's newest tree. As far as I know, they are planning to add the Swiss or the Italians next. But what tree would you prefer next? I've made this poll to see people's opinion.

Here's some info on the poll's tech tree's, in case you don't know a lot about them (as far as it's currently known)

Switzerland has gotten enough tanks for a full tech tree, a medium and a TD branch, as far as I know, or maybe even more. They would probably be considered the best tree to be added after Poland.

Italy can also be implemented as a separate nation, but not as easily as Switzerland. They have enough original material to reach ~tier 6. The higher tiers will most probably be modifications of other tanks, in case new proposals don't get found.

Spain is in a similar situation to Italy. They could probably reach ~tier 5 with some lights, mediums and TDs (or possibly SPGs). The rest will be modified tanks.

Yugoslavia could probably be implemented too. The situation is again, similar to Italy. They can reach tier 6 or 7. The higher tiers are probably modifications of the T-54. They will probably not be like the T-54 though, one of them might be OK for tier 8.

Romania can hardly be added as a separate nation. With new research made, it looks like they have enough original vehicles to reach tier 7. The Romanians do also have high tier tanks, but some won't agree with them being in the game, because of the time frame, despite them having had weak technology for their time. Romania's advantage though, it that it is not well researched. Archive digging is being planned, which could help find many new vehicles, like it happened with Switzerland.

Hungary is more problematic. They can probably make two full branches that can reach tier 6 or 7. They also have a tier 10 tank destroyer candidate: The Straussler MBT. Afaik, there are no tier 8-9 tanks known. But research is still being made.

Israel could create a separate line, but the problem is, that their tanks are pretty much all modifications.

The Arabic Countries are in a similar situation to Israel.

South America could make a tree similar to the scrapped European Tree, It has gotten some problems that the EU tree didn't (lack of original tanks), but does also have advantages (there are only two languages that would be added).

The Commonwealth Tree would be a combination of Australian, New Zealandic, Canadan and Indian tanks. These countries all have tanks good for the game. There are some problems at tier 8-9. These could be filled with British tanks, if there are any (the UK is of course also a Commonwealth member), or if there aren't enough, it could be added as a new medium line to the British tree, that merges with the Centurions at tier 8-9.

Argentina does appearently have enough tanks for a mini-tree, that's at least what WG has said in the past. I think SerB himself once said there are plans to implement this tree. It would be interesting, as the only Argentine tanks currenly known are the Nahuel and the Crusader Argentino (afaik).

Other countries

Austria has gotten a tier 8 tank, the Kürassier, and also a tier 1 tank, the Burstyn-Motorgeschütz.

Belgium has gotten some low tier TDs and light tanks. The highest tier they can reach is probably 3.

Norway has gotten the NM-116, an improved version of the Chaffe. No idea what of what tier it would be, but probably a high tier, considering it's a pretty modern vehicle.

The Netherlands have gotten a tier 1 tank, the Marmon-Herrington CTLS. It is actually American, but got used by the Dutch against Japan. It would not be added to the US though, because they do already have a full tree and don't need an extra tier 1 tank.

Finland has gotten the BT-42. They did also modify other tanks, which would actually create a Finnish mini-tree, but they would most likely be considered clones.

The countries listed above are too small to have their own tree, so instead, a combined European tree could probably be made. I know the EU tree has been scrapped, but in February of this year, there were actually some reports that WG would reconsider adding this tech tree. It's not known if they are true though.

Which tree would you like in WoT after the Polish one? Vote above

Edited by davidblader, 19 June 2017 - 12:52 PM.

dan_dix #2 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14108 battles

How about adding a "Mercenaries" tree where you could put all tanks from all other nations that don't fit existing trees?

Seriously, this focus of building complete nation trees is getting kind of boring

captainpigg #3 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31317 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

Pretty sure Switzerland was supposed to be next, but did see DeZgamez video about the "new" premium Polish med.

Italy can do up to tier 8 for meds and tier 7 for TD's (8 if you use an arty as a TD)

Spain, what tanks?

Yugoslavia, apparently somewhat ok hier tier, the problem being copy paste lower tiers. Also may be a problem politics in region.

Romania + Hungary are ok for low to mid tid tiers, 1 tier 7 or 8 TD for Hungary

Israeli + Arab nations, copypaste for most part, plus big political issues. Can you imagine the shitstorm if one were better than the other?

South America, too few tanks without Argentina, even then with.

Commonwealth Nations, oi don't forget about South Africa. Again too few originals, mostly British tanks used.

Argentina, see South America, TAM and AMX-13/Kürassier cross

For the rest same problems

There are still lines for existing nations to be added still

Edited by captainpigg, 19 June 2017 - 01:26 PM.

94mala94 #4 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27206 battles
I WANT THE CHIEFTAIN!!!!

davidblader #5 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles
  • [DRACL] DRACL

View Postcaptainpigg, on 19 June 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

Pretty sure Switzerland was supposed to be next, but did see DeZgamez video about the "new" premium Polish med.

Italy can do up to tier 8 for meds and tier 7 for TD's (8 if you use an arty as a TD)

Spain, what tanks?

Yugoslavia, apparently somewhat ok hier tier, the problem being copy paste lower tiers. Also may be a problem politics in region.

Romania + Hungary are ok for low to mid tid tiers, 1 tier 7 or 8 TD for Hungary

Israeli + Arab nations, copypaste for most part, plus big political issues. Can you imagine the shitstorm if one were better than the other?

South America, too few tanks without Argentina, even then with.

Commonwealth Nations, oi don't forget about South Africa. Again too few originals, mostly British tanks used.

Argentina, see South America, TAM and AMX-13/Kürassier cross

For the rest same problems

There are still lines for existing nations to be added still

If you don't know the Spanish tanks, check out the FTR post about them.

South America might have enough tanks. Here is an old article I made about this (it kinda sucks, but more tanks could be found in the future) http://forum.worldof...ined-tech-tree/

The Commonwealth might have enough original tanks, at least for a line in the British tree. Here's another article of mine: http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Gavrilac #6 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33075 battles
  • [LGEN3] LGEN3

I would like to see, and play, roumanian tanks. There were some roumanian tanks in service (highly modified versions of russian tanks) and others just researched or, at least, in blue prints. Some of them had unique, very interesting features. There are matching tanks for high tiers too.

I am just waiting for a romanian teach tree! 

Edited by Gavrilac, 19 June 2017 - 01:49 PM.

davidblader #7 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles
  • [DRACL] DRACL

View PostGavrilac, on 19 June 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I would like to see, and play, roumanian tanks. There were some roumanian tanks in service (highly modified versions of russian tanks) and others just researched or, at least, in blue prints. Some of them had unique, very interesting features. There are matching tanks for high tiers too.

I am just waiting for a romanian teach tree! 

So am I :)
The Armored Patrol is doing an amazing job with their historical articles, and they are planning to search trough the archives in Bucharest and Pitesti at the end of this moth

robezur6 #8 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43153 battles
Why is there no "European tech tree" answer?

tajj7 #9 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25429 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

No idea why they are bothering with a Polish tree, fully expect it to be mainly Soviet copy-paste. Same with basically most of the eastern European nations, Romania, Hungary etc. 

Same problem applies to Italy and Israel, will mainly be US copies or some German/French copy tanks.

None of those nations have enough unique designs to warrant a full tech tree IMO, they are only doing the Polish tree because the Polish community is so huge, but overall it's a waste of resources IMO. 

Nations that potentially do new lines are British light tanks, maybe a second British heavy tank line, possibly a Swedish medium tree if they can do it without Centurion copies.  Switzerland potentially could have a medium line I think, there has been a proposed French non-autoloading heavy tank line around for a while. 

We shouldn't have new tech tree just for the sake of new nations, which is what the Polish tree to me looks like. The fact they had to release a Panther as a premium for it shows the problem IMO, more T-34s and T-54s, boring. 

arthurwellsley #10 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51761 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

(a) seems WG will do Poland first.

(b) Chieftain - enough said.

(c.) Italians can easily go to tier X, with tiers IX and X being modified but unique versions of other NATO members vehicles and the tier X looks great, The issue is the tier VII medium candidate.

(d) Israel - because everyone wants the Merkava and it's test bed at tier IX

(e) Commonwealth - easy to deal with tiers VIII and IX using the Vickers company special export versions that were built to sell to Commonwealth markets, and also the odd tanks that South Africa built.

(f) South America is very likely to come for commercial reasons (and thats also the reason for bringing in a Polish tech tree). WG have already begun investing in server architecture there so this is only a matter of time.

(g) Second French heavy line - tiers VIII through too X only?

(h) Spain, Yugoslavia, Romania, Hungary = from internal WG figures, how many players do they have in those countries? and how much do they spend per customer? The country most likely to produce good turnover and profit for WG is the one most likely to be prioritised for WG to invest the resources to create a new tech tree.

(i) Arab tree - again depends on number of potential customers and likely customer spend per player.

(j) Switzerland - I guess low priority, as although the population is wealthy, it's small and so the potential profit is too low for WG.

WG is a company that is under an obligation to make a profit for it's shareholders, it's not a charity. So long as it continues to make a profit, thats a good thing, as I want the servers to stay alive and active, as I continue to enjoy the game.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 19 June 2017 - 02:11 PM.

LaManche #11 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19288 battles
I'm hoping for Italian tech tree - wheeled vehicles will be damn cool! Maybe all-light line? 

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #12 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles
lovely Israel, I only hope, every game a win.

Edited by MOSSAD_WATCHING, 19 June 2017 - 02:12 PM.

davidblader #13 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles
  • [DRACL] DRACL

View Postrobezur6, on 19 June 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Why is there no "European tech tree" answer?

it's been scrapped

View Postarthurwellsley, on 19 June 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

(a) seems WG will do Poland first.

(b) Chieftain - enough said.

(c.) Italians can easily go to tier X, with tiers IX and X being modified but unique versions of other NATO members vehicles and the tier X looks great, The issue is the tier VII medium candidate.

(d) Israel - because everyone wants the Merkava and it's test bed at tier IX

(e) Commonwealth - easy to deal with tiers VIII and IX using the Vickers company special export versions that were built to sell to Commonwealth markets, and also the odd tanks that South Africa built.

(f) South America is very likely to come for commercial reasons (and thats also the reason for bringing in a Polish tech tree). WG have already begun investing in server architecture there so this is only a matter of time.

(g) Second French heavy line - tiers VIII through too X only?

(h) Spain, Yugoslavia, Romania, Hungary = from internal WG figures, how many players do they have in those countries? and how much do they spend per customer? The country most likely to produce good turnover and profit for WG is the one most likely to be prioritised for WG to invest the resources to create a new tech tree.

(i) Arab tree - again depends on number of potential customers and likely customer spend per player.

(j) Switzerland - I guess low priority, as although the population is wealthy, it's small and so the potential profit is too low for WG.

WG is a company that is under an obligation to make a profit for it's shareholders, it's not a charity. So long as it continues to make a profit, thats a good thing, as I want the servers to stay alive and active, as I continue to enjoy the game.

Romania and Hungary have gotten big communities as far as I've seen in games. Same for ex-Yugoslavs

View PostLaManche, on 19 June 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

I'm hoping for Italian tech tree - wheeled vehicles will be damn cool! Maybe all-light line? 

Wargaming actually  said they are planning to add wheeled vehicles, with the convoy mode one being a prototype. Does Italy have enough for a full line? I haven't looked into these types of vehicles

fighting_falcon93 #14 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31173 battles
Biased poll. I'm missing the option "none". Seriusly what's up with pumping out new nations? Isn't it enough what we have already? Isn't it better to focus on improving the stuff we already have?

Sebastono #15 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23674 battles
  • [PZJE] PZJE

There is a video about a possible Italian tree.

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/n1iBUgjoZbE

leggasiini #16 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14187 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Tbh before new nations I would rather see existing tech trees, mainly the British, French, Japan and Sweden filled with new lines before new tech trees. British LTs, Chieftain, Japanese TDs and 2nd French HT line come to mind.

Other than that, Switzerland has by far most interesting looking tech tree. There are actually quite a few unique tank designs and multiple non-clone lines. Italy also kinda deserves place in the game.

Both of those should come way before Poland. Polish tree will be either Russian clones or those "schoolwork" napkin tanks (more likely latter), which are borderline fake designs (not WG fake but you know what i mean). The only literal reason why they are even introducing Polish tanks is because the Polish playerbase desperately wants their own nation in the game, no matter how clone-ish it would be.

davidblader #17 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles
  • [DRACL] DRACL

View Postleggasiini, on 19 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

Tbh before new nations I would rather see existing tech trees, mainly the British, French, Japan and Sweden filled with new lines before new tech trees. British LTs, Chieftain, Japanese TDs and 2nd French HT line come to mind.

Other than that, Switzerland has by far most interesting looking tech tree. There are actually quite a few unique tank designs and multiple non-clone lines. Italy also kinda deserves place in the game.

Both of those should come way before Poland. Polish tree will be either Russian clones or those "schoolwork" napkin tanks (more likely latter), which are borderline fake designs (not WG fake but you know what i mean). The only literal reason why they are even introducing Polish tanks is because the Polish playerbase desperately wants their own nation in the game, no matter how clone-ish it would be.

Oh, hello Legga!
I would rather prefer the new nations to be added first, and then, complete their trees (and the trees of the other nations) one by one. 
Just my opinion tho, everyone can think whatever he wants

paolotk #18 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33649 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI
Take a look at this found here http://forum.worldof...st-war/#topmost

davidblader #19 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6628 battles
  • [DRACL] DRACL

View Postpaolotk, on 19 June 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Take a look at this found here http://forum.worldof...st-war/#topmost

I don't know how accurate this is, but it looks great! What I don't like though, is the FIAT for tier 1. Italy has gotten other tier 1 variatns that are not clones, for example the L3 cc (L3 tankette with 20 mm anti-tank rifle). It could be a nice tier 1 light or TD. Tier 1 TDs would be smth new

CptBarney #20 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

dat tier 9 td though, looks a bit like the American mobile gun thingy the m11a8 or something.

if that's what the tree looks like it looks very interesting especially the tier 8 arty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users