Maps and TD´s

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Goldmanjace #1 Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5106 battles
  • [GEFO] GEFO
I am starting to thing that there are barley any maps where a TD can effectivly be used as a TD was intended to. I am using the Jagdtiger and it is getting impossible to play effectivly. It also seems to me that the armor is easily penetrated. What are your thoughts?

StinkyStonky #2 Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28291 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

You're right.  Many TDs just aren't worth playing, especially the turretless ones.

I suspect, in the olden days, there were plenty of long range sniping lines and bushes galore.

These days the maps are all a combination of egg box bumps and interlocking spurs, all on the surface of a planet with a diameter of about 100 miles.

Almost every hiding spot is within the view range of everything you can hit.

Most of the useful bushes have been removed.  Many that remain are on the top of ridges, meaning you reveal yourself (and risk getting rekt) whenever you fire. 

Isharial #3 Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19682 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

you need to adjust how you use a TD, its not as easy as finding the first bush to park in, some simply cannot do that

sometimes you need to wolfpack with the mediums and use your gun to take out bigger targets they cant deal with, such as the heavy driver that takes their VK100P to the open med flank

the jagdtiger is a brawler, a hulldown tank, use ridges to conceal your lfp, and reverse slopes to angle your superstructure, angle it back a bit, the frontal armour exceeds 250mm~ effective, which wont be pen by much without gold, even against other T9's, and some T10's

though with 1k games, are you sure you can actually handle a T9 TD? have you got sixth sense and the rest to actually help you? rushing past this is not going to do you any good....

jack_timber #4 Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles
Hmm not entirely true.
Depends on the TD and the map. Swedish TD, tier 8 and up, revels in open maps, Jagdtiger can handle any map, only used these as examples.
Tbh I believe TDs are harder to play well than other classes.
There are some that sit on the red line throughout the battle doing little damage and some who race in and basically yolo. So u have to ballance between these two as the battle unfolds.
I tend to follow the lights/meds if in a fast TD and the heavies in a slower TD, mind u if in Tortoise or AT line neither of the above apply:)
U have to keep a watch on the minimap and reposition as needed oh and patience is needed in bucketfulls.
All in all I tend to play, and thoroughly enjoy, TDs about 95%, the other 5 I turn into a clicker:)

Edited by jack_timber, 19 June 2017 - 05:40 PM.

nc30_guy #5 Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23486 battles
Also since the arty change you can be perma tracked if there are 3 arty and then killed at will almost in a slow vehicle that plus the nerfed to death view range on most of my td's.

jack_timber #6 Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

View Postnc30_guy, on 19 June 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Also since the arty change you can be perma tracked if there are 3 arty and then killed at will almost in a slow vehicle that plus the nerfed to death view range on most of my td's.

True about arty view range not so. Stock is terrible, as all are, but binos + plus a few choice perks/skills increases spotting range. But then again u often rely on others spotting 4 u so good radio operator is needed.

Goldmanjace #7 Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5106 battles
  • [GEFO] GEFO

View PostIsharial, on 19 June 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

you need to adjust how you use a TD, its not as easy as finding the first bush to park in, some simply cannot do that

sometimes you need to wolfpack with the mediums and use your gun to take out bigger targets they cant deal with, such as the heavy driver that takes their VK100P to the open med flank

the jagdtiger is a brawler, a hulldown tank, use ridges to conceal your lfp, and reverse slopes to angle your superstructure, angle it back a bit, the frontal armour exceeds 250mm~ effective, which wont be pen by much without gold, even against other T9's, and some T10's

though with 1k games, are you sure you can actually handle a T9 TD? have you got sixth sense and the rest to actually help you? rushing past this is not going to do you any good....

You are absolutly correct. I am still learning. I almost have 6th sense. I have it on my panther and it is a wonderful thing to have. Its just a little depressing when I play like a td is supposed to and get chopped fairly quick. I realise that one must play as a team and in groups but this is usually not realized by the other teammates. They just run off and all over. Ram you, even shoot you, Jump into your shot ( I mean literally right infront of your gun) just to get the kill. This is just selfish.  I am more than happy to hear any advice. I also really enjoy the rare occasions that I get to team up with someone who actually thinks and plays like me. When this happens, we get many kills and points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users