Jump to content


Strategies around vegetation and debris


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Witsdontlie #1 Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15869 battles
  • 243
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

I used the search function and didn't find any topic on this matter although it seems highly relevant to me. 

 

I struggle with placing proper shots over hilltops when there is grass covering it and feel like many outperform me in that regard. When I'm still moving my crosshair around looking for the highlight, many a good players already shoot me into cupola or mantlet without much trouble. There is also certain corners of buildings and debris that look like they're there while they're actually "transparent" and can be shot through, which is imo badly designed.

 

Tundra mod is known to be illegal when it actually fixes the problem, is WG able to detect when someone uses this or can I assume that there are people out there who are gaining advantage from this? 

And regarding another topic: Do you think it's intelligent that enemies only get highlighted through destructible objects when you aim at them in arcade mode? Cause shooting in arcade mode feels extremely unreliable every time I do it. A little bump in the ground while you're aiming will just make your shot go straight above the point you aimed all of a sudden cause it's less noticeable that the aim changed unlike in sniper mode.

 

If you got some tips on how to perform better around these kind of situations (highlighting through grass, fake objects, and shooting through obstacles) , they would be greatly appreciated. Does it help to play on minimum settings, for example? 



iztok #2 Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:37 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
  • 2,520
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010
I turned off most "eye candies", that aren't directly needed to do battle. It also helps my old compt to run WoT faster. So two birds with one stone. :)

AvalancheZ257 #3 Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3973 battles
  • 230
  • [3WCST] 3WCST
  • Member since:
    05-26-2017

View PostWitsdontlie, on 19 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

I used the search function and didn't find any topic on this matter although it seems highly relevant to me. 

 

I struggle with placing proper shots over hilltops when there is grass covering it and feel like many outperform me in that regard. When I'm still moving my crosshair around looking for the highlight, many a good players already shoot me into cupola or mantlet without much trouble. There is also certain corners of buildings and debris that look like they're there while they're actually "transparent" and can be shot through, which is imo badly designed.

 

Tundra mod is known to be illegal when it actually fixes the problem, is WG able to detect when someone uses this or can I assume that there are people out there who are gaining advantage from this? 

And regarding another topic: Do you think it's intelligent that enemies only get highlighted through destructible objects when you aim at them in arcade mode? Cause shooting in arcade mode feels extremely unreliable every time I do it. A little bump in the ground while you're aiming will just make your shot go straight above the point you aimed all of a sudden cause it's less noticeable that the aim changed unlike in sniper mode.

 

If you got some tips on how to perform better around these kind of situations (highlighting through grass, fake objects, and shooting through obstacles) , they would be greatly appreciated. Does it help to play on minimum settings, for example? 

 

Turn off grass in sniper mode. Fixed.

 

I think you can do that. Not sure if you have to lower the entire terrain quality slider to do that though. As for tank outlines, yeah thats a bit annoying, especially with so much going on. But its there for a reason, to make sure tanks can actually hide (the outlining feature is already pretty powerful) otherwise it would be either too easy to hit someone, or too hard. 



Argedeava #4 Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31951 battles
  • 512
  • [GN-R] GN-R
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

View PostWitsdontlie, on 19 June 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

 

 

Tundra mod is known to be illegal when it actually fixes the problem, is WG able to detect when someone uses this or can I assume that there are people out there who are gaining advantage from this? 

 

 

Tundra mode is known to be illegal and widespread. I don`t think WG is doing much about it.

qpranger #5 Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:07 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 33722 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
I like to hide in a bush under a camo net and when a girl crew approaches I jump out with my gun rammer and just penetrate and penetrate until my ammo rack is empty.

250swb #6 Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23141 battles
  • 5,258
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View Postqpranger, on 19 June 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

I like to hide in a bush under a camo net and when a girl crew approaches I jump out with my gun rammer and just penetrate and penetrate until my ammo rack is empty.

 

 

I'm sure David Attenborough would have made a film about the mating rituals of hamsters if only it would have lasted longer than two minutes.



Captain_Kremen0 #7 Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37600 battles
  • 1,565
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
Saw a thread about some guy who got marooned on a rock outcrop that wasn't rendered .....turning it down too much can have adverse effects lol.

magkiln #8 Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24723 battles
  • 750
  • [EKKE] EKKE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015

View Postqpranger, on 19 June 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

I like to hide in a bush under a camo net and when a girl crew approaches I jump out with my gun rammer and just penetrate and penetrate until my ammo rack is empty.

 

So much wrong. Why am I laughing? :teethhappy:

CmdPrompt #9 Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33430 battles
  • 235
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

View PostArgedeava, on 19 June 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

 

Tundra mode is known to be illegal and widespread. I don`t think WG is doing much about it.

 

2 of my clanmates were running tundra and arty autoaim and got 7 days, not sure is tundra was a factor tho

Headless_Rooster #10 Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10845 battles
  • 625
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

I think you mite benefit from this video of Sir Havocs WoT University Boot Camp series, which is all about peeking over hills

 

 

and maybe one from WoT University tutorial videos Beginner series, The Art of peek a boom...

 

 

Dig out the video on trading shots too if you think it'll help :great:



Karasu_Hidesuke #11 Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16170 battles
  • 3,989
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View Post250swb, on 20 June 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

 

 

I'm sure David Attenborough would have made a film about the mating rituals of hamsters if only it would have lasted longer than two minutes.

 

This brought something back to mind that is completely relevant to the topic (see the bush):

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVN0iuoxS4c

 


Edited by Browarszky, 20 June 2017 - 04:52 PM.


signal11th #12 Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38206 battles
  • 5,868
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything you can do with the vegetation in the game I still get 14 potatoes every time I click battle.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users